What's your favorite meal?

Bu****

Posted
My personal favorite is lasagna but it's a long process with hand made noodles and 2 types of sauce. I only make it for the most special of occasions.

Second would be ramen. Tonkatsu or shoyu. Soft egg, pork belly, bamboo shoots, scallions, and nori. Slurp.
Posted
Mine is Ceviche, Peruvian. But I don’t cook 😋
Posted
Being from the UK, we have a melting pot of cultures and food, theres the classic cod and chips which i enjoy far too much, then if i go Eastern i love me some Cantonese crispy shredded beef on rice or a Thai prawn stir fry. From india its got to be either a butter chicken with a roti or a lamb sagwala and a naan.... Piri piri chicken from Portugal/Africa (theres an argument about its origins between Portuguese settlers and the African location it was originally made)more closer to home its the German/Belgian fusion of a Hamburger and Fries... I havent tried much from the Americas yet but i am eager to try more authentic mexican food and poutine is definitely on the bucket list
Posted
2 hours ago, Tupi said:
Mine is Ceviche, Peruvian. But I don’t cook 😋

I've never made a Ceviche so I'll put it on the list. I'll try to make it to your standards.

Posted
I'm a simple, maybe a little childish, but I love Mac n cheese! Home-made, box, restaurant, any of the good stuff! I love some bacon or pepper in it. Something nice and smooth and creamy 😋 but I can't eat it every day so sad about that.
A second choice would probably be rice. Just good ole white rice and a wide variety of toppings! Or fillings. Sushi to onigiri to just meats and veg on top! Add a little butter and salt and it's so good!
Posted
21 hours ago, Hexy said:
Being from the UK, we have a melting pot of cultures and food, theres the classic cod and chips which i enjoy far too much, then if i go Eastern i love me some Cantonese crispy shredded beef on rice or a Thai prawn stir fry. From india its got to be either a butter chicken with a roti or a lamb sagwala and a naan.... Piri piri chicken from Portugal/Africa (theres an argument about its origins between Portuguese settlers and the African location it was originally made)more closer to home its the German/Belgian fusion of a Hamburger and Fries... I havent tried much from the Americas yet but i am eager to try more authentic mexican food and poutine is definitely on the bucket list

I'm in the Midwest USA so we have a variety of fried fish. Walleye is my favorite. If you ever get in the area you should try it.

Thai prawn stir fry, butter chicken, lamb saagwala I've all made before. Obviously the burgers and fries are a staple here as well.

There are tons of arguments about what is authentic Mexican over here, so be prepared to refine that into a more specific area. Flour vs corn vs tacos aren't Mexican vs it's Tuesday and I want a taco with a margarita.

Poutine is 💯 on the comfort level but I've never made it.

Posted
20 hours ago, Sir75andToy91 said:
I'm Sir's favourite breakfast 😇 (sorry, couldn't help myself)

This is probably the best answer. Sir eats good! 😉

Posted
16 hours ago, MisaTakahiro said:
I'm a simple, maybe a little childish, but I love Mac n cheese! Home-made, box, restaurant, any of the good stuff! I love some bacon or pepper in it. Something nice and smooth and creamy 😋 but I can't eat it every day so sad about that.
A second choice would probably be rice. Just good ole white rice and a wide variety of toppings! Or fillings. Sushi to onigiri to just meats and veg on top! Add a little butter and salt and it's so good!

Mac and cheese is a fantastic go to. One of my favorite things to make. You can have the box done in 5 minutes or take hours to roll noodles from scratch and build your own cheese sauce. But either way you have a delicious Mac and cheese.
There's a reason literally every Japanese dish has rice in it. It's the best carb there is.

Posted

Full English fry up with Black Pudding. Sets you up for the whole working day and closing a few arteries hahaha :)  but if im try to treat myself......hmmmmmm Sirloin steak with  pate and a thick Sauce nommm nommm

Posted
This thread is making me hungry.. I want a nice steak cooked medium rare, grilled shrimp, baked potato, deviled eggs, a loaded baked potato and a salad.
Posted
a (quality) 🍕 is #1 for me… although this is depressingly difficult to find as for some reason pizza has been disrespected & degraded down to mainly low quality frozen/fast food💔

we share the same #2: ramen (and phò) 🍜🤤

#3 grilled fish / rice (basic i know but delicious)
Posted
I love me some lasagna
  • 1 month later...
Tiger_Lily
Posted

Grilled Cheese with homemade bread! 😋

Gwarthus
Posted

chicken noodles and scampi. yeah its a weird combo but i love it!
t

BadJokesNRopes
Posted

I have this balsamic chicken recipe I make. Could cut it with a spoon. Easily my favourite thing that I make. 

But if im not cooking then probably sushi. 

Posted
Grilled Dover Sole, baby new potatoes and asparagus with a Bearnaise sauce.
  • 2 weeks later...
FatFreddy
Posted

Love cooking, relaxes me. UK based.

Given the choice I'd go for peasant food, no disrespect intended!

Family is from east end London so best and cheapest feast would be herring milts for me,. Lightly dusted in flour, salt and pepper then fried crispy in a little oil and butter. Served with brown bread and butter and a pot of vinegar. They are the roe, the herring eggs, joy. It's a funny old life.

Posted
It varies but i love a really good hamburger stroganoff, pork roast with potatoes and onions, chicken pad thai, or tom kha soup
Posted
No fish meatballs are the best
Posted
Obviously I am not the only vegan who thinks that meat is good