Messages not being sent/received

Th****

Posted

Recently I was having a decent back and forth conversation with someone when it suddenly stopped. The other person asked a direct question and I answered then no response. I followed up a couple days later with a check in and they *HAD* responded, a couple of times even if i recall, I'd have to check. We sent each other screen shots of our end of the conversation and sure enough they'd sent messages that I never received. 

Looking back through past messages I know for certain this has happened once before but it was the other person. Who sent the follow up check in to my non response and only then did their other message show up. 

This is a pretty big deal if there's some sort of bug causing this issue and now I wonder how many conversations have ended because we both thought the other was no longer participating. 

It would be even worse if this were by design and I hate to consider that being a possibility. 

Lyoness1229
Posted
This site is mega clitchy... I don't really like it for that reason
Lsmart938
Posted
I was not aware - but that is shockingly bad!!
Posted
7 hours ago, Lsmart938 said:

I was not aware - but that is shockingly bad!!

It is. Now I'm all anxious about people I've enjoyed talking to thinking I wouldn't be interested in continuing. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Aimee3 said:

I've noticed it too- pity

Mods have instructed me to raise a ticket with support and I plan to but I wanted to make others aware. If it was recent perhaps you should send a ticket too so they can work on it 

Posted

In both of the instances that I'm aware of, it was incoming messages sent from the other person that I didn't recieve. I'm not sure if it's been an issue with any of my outgoing messages. 

Lsmart938
Posted
1 hour ago, ThaliaV said:

It is. Now I'm all anxious about people I've enjoyed talking to thinking I wouldn't be interested in continuing. 

Yeah .. and I thought you didn’t like me !! 🤣🤣🤣

oh .. sorry .. we have not spoken before ! 🤣🙈

Posted
6 minutes ago, Lsmart938 said:

Yeah .. and I thought you didn’t like me !! 🤣🤣🤣

oh .. sorry .. we have not spoken before ! 🤣🙈

No, I'm pretty sure we haven't. Maybe in another thread 

Posted

Its happened twice to me.  Thought at first they were not interested so left it at that.  Then for them to get in touch months later on another site,  for us all to realise messages had been sent but not recieved. 

Posted
This has happened to me twice that I know of; perhaps more that I’m not aware of.
Posted
I've also had this with a couple of people, also.
Posted
Yep many times. It's why I advise people off the app as soon as they are comfortable to do so. That said I would say it has gotte. Better from where it was, but still not acceptable
Posted
this has happened to me more than once thats for sure
Lyoness1229
Posted
I've had a way better experience with Fetlife
Posted
On 2/27/2024 at 3:31 AM, RochaMocha said:

Yep many times. It's why I advise people off the app as soon as they are comfortable to do so. That said I would say it has gotte. Better from where it was, but still not acceptable

Yeah, same. It's my goal to move elsewhere, mostly so my messages are centralized in general and I don't have notifications on for this site/app to avoid having a zillion notifications all the time. Not many have made it that far and now I'm realizing this is at least one of the reasons. Kind of a huge issue to be having, on this type of site especially. 

Posted
🙋🏻question: for the ones who’ve said they were able to know when this glitched happened how were you able to tell when it did? because now i wonder if that has also happened to me😓
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ArmenianVagitarian said:

🙋🏻question: for the ones who’ve said they were able to know when this glitched happened how were you able to tell when it did? because now i wonder if that has also happened to me😓

Because I checked in with the person after not hearing back from them. We'd been interacting for a bit over the course of several days/weeks here and there. (I don't remember those specifics.) They asked be a direct question, I responded, then nothing. Then I think there was a day between then I checked in and they informed me they responded. I sent a screen shot of my view then they send one of theirs. If I recall they even sent 2 separate messages that never came through on my end. 

So who knows how many other times it might have happened 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by ThaliaV
Posted
2 hours ago, ThaliaV said:

Because I checked in with the person after not hearing back from them. We'd been interacting for a bit over the course of several days/weeks here and there. (I don't remember those specifics.) They asked be a direct question, I responded, then nothing. Then I think there was a day between then I checked in and they informed me they responded. I sent a screen shot of my view then they send one of theirs. If I recall they even sent 2 separate messages that never came through on my end. 

So who knows how many other times it might have happened 🤷🏻‍♀️

oh wow.. probably a long shot to ask this but would you happen to have any idea or suspicion if it’s happening randomly at anytime to anyone and just a circumstance of being in the place at the time or if perhaps it happens to only specific people like from maybe the operating system or phone type they’re using that doesn’t agree with the others?

just cause you mentioned how it happened to you multiple times with the same person it makes me think it could be the 2nd…

either way thank you for taking the time to share your experience :]

Posted
8 minutes ago, ArmenianVagitarian said:

oh wow.. probably a long shot to ask this but would you happen to have any idea or suspicion if it’s happening randomly at anytime to anyone and just a circumstance of being in the place at the time or if perhaps it happens to only specific people like from maybe the operating system or phone type they’re using that doesn’t agree with the others?

just cause you mentioned how it happened to you multiple times with the same person it makes me think it could be the 2nd…

either way thank you for taking the time to share your experience :]

No clue 🤷🏻‍♀️