International Women's Day

Posted
14 hours ago, Aranhis said:

Got the reference, doesn't mean it's appropriate or on topic.

If I can make a suggestion - take it on board or don't - next time try "For International Women's Day this year, I'm hopefully getting pegged".

It's still not in keeping with the intent of the post but you might score points with somebody for the attempt at humour and are less likely to get zapped by the mods for (what at least looks on the surface like) an advert.

As a woman, I thought the Deadpool reference was really funny. It is a BDSM site, after all. I personally find the pandering to women on Women’s Day to be offensive. It’s been around for decades and the only notice it’s gotten in the past few years is because of corporations trying to cash in on women by looking woke or trying to get us to buy something on sale.
To answer the OP,  I personally don’t care about the day and wasn’t going to post on this topic. But I had to stand up for people expressing their opinions and sense of humor. Levity is important, especially these days. 

Posted
14 hours ago, giraut said:

I am working with women of all ages to identify their neurodiversities, explore their uniquenesses, and find effective ways to address their challenges. Actually, a year round passion of mine.

I appreciate your use of the word “neurodiversity”. That is something that is routinely ignored, the fact that our brains work differently. And something I often forget about men. So now for International Women’s Day, I will intentionally appreciate the men that I know and the differences that make them special. 

Posted
14 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

I guess I just didn't find it funny that a man felt the need to comment something that was
a) inappropriately sexual
b) appeared to be soliciting
c) was in relation as to how someone was going to please him (because obviously that's what we celebrate women for)
On a post asking people how they're planning on celebrating women 🤷‍♀️

I agree with @KinkyMinx2023.
a) It was completely sexually appropriate for this site. 
b) It did not appear at all to be soliciting. It was a clear joke. 
c) See b) above. You just didn’t get the joke. 

International Women’s Day is really not about celebrating women. It has not been. It has been a placating placeholder on a calendar for decades as a pathetic trade off for not passing the Equal Rights Amendment decades ago. We still have no semblance of equality.

Meanwhile, misogynistic or simply ignorant men have turned the word “feminist” from meaning one who believes in equality for all to a derogatory word meaning one who believes in women’s superiority (with implied repugnance).

There has never been any activity or tradition associated with it. It is only coming to the forefront because of big businesses using it to pinkwash (in the sense of women, not LGBT+).

I applaud your efforts to actually turn it into a day of significance. I think if someone took up the mantle and came up with a specific activity and way to celebrate it, we would see it as a more recognized day. Hopefully with some real meaning.

I personally would like to see recognition for the women who came before and fought the fight. The ones who made changes that the younger ones will never even fathom experiencing. I’d like to see them honored.

It’s hard to think that women are being celebrated when our rights are being stripped away. The US Supreme Court has essentially said that women do not have full rights to their bodies. Who is going to be next to lose their rights? Hello, Affirmative Action, I’m looking at you.

We really have come a long way, but we have so far to go, just to be fully accepted as equals at the table. 

Posted
4 hours ago, centralpark said:
Happy International Women’s Day! I am celebrating with a podcast interview where I’ll be spilling the tea on the unique way I addressed sexual shame and trauma. I stand as a lighthouse for other women AND I speak my truth about my love and appreciation for MEN and the challenges they face in the current climate. I hesitate to use the line “not all men” for obvious reasons but there are a lot of man haters bashing men out there and a lot of wonderful men who don’t deserve it. PLUS I celebrate the women who find themselves juggling career, children, keeping house and pleasing her man and come to realise that feminism has gone too far for them and it’s time to reclaim their housewife era. In other words, I celebrate all sides. We all have different experiences and different levels of privilege. My experience of inequality is vastly different to a woman in Afghanistan for example. But all experiences are valid. 🫶

Exactly the point of both the day and feminism, anyone and everyone has the choice to be what they want to be.

Posted
1 hour ago, Kitanya said:

International Women’s Day is really not about celebrating women. It has not been. It has been a placating placeholder on a calendar for decades as a pathetic trade off for not passing the Equal Rights Amendment decades ago. We still have no semblance of equality.

Meanwhile, misogynistic or simply ignorant men have turned the word “feminist” from meaning one who believes in equality for all to a derogatory word meaning one who believes in women’s superiority (with implied repugnance).

There has never been any activity or tradition associated with it. It is only coming to the forefront because of big businesses using it to pinkwash (in the sense of women, not LGBT+).

I applaud your efforts to actually turn it into a day of significance. I think if someone took up the mantle and came up with a specific activity and way to celebrate it, we would see it as a more recognized day. Hopefully with some real meaning.

I personally would like to see recognition for the women who came before and fought the fight. The ones who made changes that the younger ones will never even fathom experiencing. I’d like to see them honored.

It’s hard to think that women are being celebrated when our rights are being stripped away. The US Supreme Court has essentially said that women do not have full rights to their bodies. Who is going to be next to lose their rights? Hello, Affirmative Action, I’m looking at you.

We really have come a long way, but we have so far to go, just to be fully accepted as equals at the table. 

Agreed with your views, I think it was Mexico that I saw sharing the same sentiments and that rather than celebrating today, continuing to, in their words (or at least the propaganda around it) the "fight".
Whilst I don't find that language useful, can't it be both?

Posted
Celebrating at a VA party 😁
Posted

To all the international women......... 'ice cream'  ;)

Posted
2 minutes ago, callipygian said:

To all the international women......... 'ice cream' 

Correct answer!!!

Also, I learnt what your username means the other day.

Posted (edited)

Well i tried a black garlic ice cream cornet (is that the right word??? cone)  in Knaresborough once......  i dint try it twice.

Name.. I learnt the word from an episode of 8 out of 10 cats does.....  Susie Dent (did a job).

Edited by callipygian
Posted
1 hour ago, callipygian said:

Well i tried a black garlic ice cream cornet (is that the right word??? cone)  in Knaresborough once......  i dint try it twice.

Name.. I learnt the word from an episode of 8 out of 10 cats does.....  Susie Dent (did a job).

Yeah, let's give garlic flavoured ice cream a miss. Don't be sharing those!

Posted
3 hours ago, Kitanya said:

I was gonna just quote one part of this but this whole post bears repeating. Thank you for recognizing and being a part of this long hard battle.  A battle still not recognized in full equality.  

I remember sitting on the hard steps of the Lincoln Memorial at 17, holding my ERA poster as we fought for the right to be considered EQUAL.  Not just pay, not just education, not just status, not JUST anything, but EVERYTHING!!!

Now as I watch these hard-won rights being stolen, I *** for the women who will bear the brunt of this backwards way of thinking.  It scares me for the future that they will experience.   And it's an observation that for me is especially hard to watch after 53 years.

But in our social situations, we can afford more levity.  We need to be able to laugh... at ourselves and at other's takes on things.   And this IS a fetish site, where judgement should be a little less, well, judgmental.  The perfectly apropos reference to International Women's Day (which IS ON topic) WAS funny, but perhaps being more succinct about it's movie origin would have alleviated all this misunderstanding.  Life is hard and most of us experience some rough patches.  But attempting to label another's response as inappropriate just because of a disagreement is unnecessary.

So, Thank you, Kitanya,  for your calm, enlightened response to those of us who most likely have very similar desires for the future, even though things often get misunderstood.

Posted

Well, looks like you drove him off the site. Well done, this is what IWD represents today: self-important humourless intolerance.

If someone says something you don't agree with, your first response should not be to attack. Try asking if you understood what they were saying, even if badly, many on places like this may have difficulty in expressing their views in sensitively approved ways. And even if they have garbage to say, its still probably best to just ignore it than stoke the fires of hate.

As for the Barbie movie, it was brilliant. It showed how the patriarchy is the best society for women, poor Ken started oppressed and downtrodden but after a trip to reality he returns to do the one thing the Kens always wanted to do: build a society and work for the benefit of the Barbies. Everything provided and built so the Barbies could be happy, and it worked "its like a spa day for the mind" says one of the very happy Barbies in this quite strange utopia. Only original Barbie returns like a real bad person to undermine it all because she's selfish.

Posted
22 minutes ago, bittenkiss said:

Well, looks like you drove him off the site. Well done, this is what IWD represents today: self-important humourless intolerance.

If someone says something you don't agree with, your first response should not be to attack. Try asking if you understood what they were saying, even if badly, many on places like this may have difficulty in expressing their views in sensitively approved ways. And even if they have garbage to say, its still probably best to just ignore it than stoke the fires of hate.

As for the Barbie movie, it was brilliant. It showed how the patriarchy is the best society for women, poor Ken started oppressed and downtrodden but after a trip to reality he returns to do the one thing the Kens always wanted to do: build a society and work for the benefit of the Barbies. Everything provided and built so the Barbies could be happy, and it worked "its like a spa day for the mind" says one of the very happy Barbies in this quite strange utopia. Only original Barbie returns like a real bad person to undermine it all because she's selfish.

Quite the assumption to make

Posted
1 hour ago, bittenkiss said:

I wasn't going to bring this up again. The OP asked for things to get back to topic. I framed my original response in such a way the it gave the guy in question an "out" by letting him pretend that he was just making a funny reference and suggesting how he might word it better in future in a way that doesn't break the site's rules.

But if anybody who is mouthing off defending him had actually read his profile (before he disappeared) you'd know that was a load of crap anyway. Shall I share what the main gist of his kinks was and what he was on this site for?

***d bisexuality/bisexual-related acts.

Gee Yogi, I wonder what that could include??!! 🤔🤦‍♂️

He wasn't just making a joke. That was obvious from his page. He didn't miscommunicate or lose anything in translation. If he'd received any takers on his offer, he would have snapped them up without a second thought. He saw an opportunity to hijack a post and solicit, seeing if he had any takers to satisfy his kink, framing it behind a common media reference, and backpeddling when he was called out on it.

Done right, of course it can be an amusing reference. @windsor706 does it perfectly. Whether true or not is irrelevant, his reply answers the post and is exactly how it should have been answered if you want to use the Deadpool reference. I can appreciate and get on board with a comment like that.

Nobody should be on board with people hijacking threads to find play partners.