Bondage restraint type preferences?

BadJokesNRopes

BadJokesNRopes
Posted (edited)

Open to hear what Doms or subs think

Between ropes, soft cuffs, hard cuffs, i'd like to hear your preferences and why, if youre comfortable sharing. 

Do you prefer the skill and the more personal nature of rope? Does the time being spent to tie you up make the scene better for you? 

Or do yoi prefer the soft leather cuffs that are easy to get on? Then more on that do you like the starter ones with the little clasp that you know during an emergency you can probably undo eventually. OR the soft cuffs that can be locked usually with a little pad lock. Does the lock make it more exciting or less? 

Then lastly the metal cuffs that lock. Could be hand cuffs there are options that can also lock to your neck and so on. Does the restraint being so sturdy enhance the experiance for you? 

Edited by BadJokesNRopes
BadJokesNRopes
Posted

I personally like the intimacy in using rope and the build up. Also having tested my shears on the rope i feel safe knowing it can easily be removed fast. Though all ties do have a quick releaae for the most part. 

That said sometimes when your sub really wants 'play time' the speed of the soft cuffs is great. The lockable ones when youve been with your sub for a while as i feel it helps project my control. 

I do worry about metal ones due to them being so restricting. An adverse reaction to something could lead to inury if a limb decides it wanta to go one way fast and the metal says no. 

Shishou
Posted
I love rope & shibari, so I often start a session with rope because it is a form of foreplay. You can do so much with rope to immobilize & sensually *** your bottom.
But leather is next. The sound & small of leather straps & harnesses is intense, and it's my form of intense restraint. With cuffs, mittens hoods & gags, a leather bound sub can be restrained longer safely, allowing Me to take My time with her.
Posted
I’m all for rope but my partner says she gets bored waiting for it to be completed. I know how to do it quickly, but it does not look as good..
Posted
Slightly off topic but does anyone have any good resources for learning more advanced shibari. Have all the basic skills but would love to learn more advanced techniques
Posted

Personally, d) none of the above.

My restraint type preference is for something solid with multiple points to lock a partner in place. This partly has to do with ease (as a person with CFS/ME anything which reduces my restraining workload and so allows me to spend my energy elsewhere is positive), it's partly to do with stability/security, it has much to do with the atmosphere of an interaction that such equipment creates over cuffs/ropes etc, something to do with liking to bring out equipment I've spent more on, and a lot to do with me simply knowing my limits - based in a lack of experience - with rope. The first two examples of this kind of device which spring to mind from my own collection are a sort of portable wooden mini-pillory, and a metal t-bar which puts me in mind of ancient slave collars; in some ways I suppose these are similar to the handcuffs which lock to the neck that you mention. I do find the sturdiness enhances the experience. 

My favourite piece though is not a solid one. I am fond of restraints which incorporate straps, and I have one which joins cuffed wrists in the small of the back to a collar via a strap which runs along the length of the spine. As well as the pleasing aesthetic and options for granting me things to hold onto, I specifically enjoy this item for the power it bestows the wearer. Much struggle or fightback means that they pull on the strap and thus to a degree be ***d/strangled; should it be a submissive's wish they can use this to *** themselves, exactly as much or as little as they wish, while I attend to... other areas.

Posted
Personally, I love rope as a submissive… I love the way it feels going across my skin. I love the way it feels as my Dom titans and positions the rope exactly where he wants it. I’ll get lost in the feeling that I can barely stand. It is more pleasurable for me than anything else. I like him taking his time I like it when his fingers cross my skin as he guides the rope. It is euphoric and electric and calming all at once.. other restraints are fine but for me personally that’s the one that just does it for me. The more the better. But not all of us are the same everybody likes different things for different reasons I love Shibari because it’s an art form it’s not just trying someone down. It is a beauty in its own right. lol I just can’t find a dom who feels the same way about it as I do 😂😂😂😂
Posted
For me, one bondage rules over all others. A leather belt. It’s not as agile, not fancy, not something that is complex, but it’s amazing. Give me a belt tying me up over any other option and I will be a happy girl.