Realtime friendship...

qu****

Posted

Why do (in my case) women say youre a wonderful friend and they miss seeing you, but then don't get in touch or see you, am I missing something?

Posted

on one hand

welcome to adulthood - where everyone sits and thinks about people they'd love to hang out with

on another

the lines of communication work two ways.  

Posted

Depends on a lot of things...

I have friends that I absolutely adore but we can go months without contact. Or some I enjoy spending time with but infrequently.

Talk to them, ask them?

Posted

I am assuming, considering your age, that this is merely a rhetorical question.  I can feel your frustration, as I have been down that same road myself---far too many times.  And ladies, I'm sure that you've asked the same question about men.

Unfortunately, there really is no answer.  Humans will be humans.  True, they could be giving you the brush-off.  Too many people are full of BS these days.  Or, the cause could be the circumstances in which we now live.  So many have become wrapped-up in some run-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off existence---work, family, errands, social obligations, etc, etc, etc.  Then, there is the great gift/curse of electronic communication.  So many messages needing a response, so many calls that need to be returned.  In all of the chaos, contact info gets lost.  Even valued friends can slip through the cracks.

Really, there is no answer, because you are dealing with the realm of emotion.  Emotion is the ultimate variable---one that can never fit any equation.  Logic is fixed; emotion is fickle.

Posted
43 minutes ago, phoenyx said:

social obligations

Swear words !!!:jumping:

Posted

That's the vagarities of the human mind for you, well that and women are from Venus and men from Mars 😁

Posted
3 hours ago, quietlysure said:

That's the vagarities of the human mind for you, well that and women are from Venus and men from Mars 😁

So True!

Posted

I guess you are the type of friend they want to see or talk when they really need you 

Posted

Yes, I'm always seen as a brother not a lover, hey-ho 😁

Posted

Friend zone guy?

Sometimes us ladies miss what's right under our noses.

Posted

It's ok, I'm not going to change who I fundementaly am for anyone 🤪

Posted

If you are asking the question in terms of a 'longer term' relationship type scenario - then your answer above may be a part of the reason?

Posted

Nowt to do with it, from my experience it's the " bad boys" that always win

Posted

Only temporarily.

Eventually, something clicks and we realise that "nice" isn't a fault.

Posted

The one thing I have always believed is that we may come across a lot of people who, for a time, are our soulmates and that there is someone out there who compliments all your positive traits and works with your flaws.

There's a song by Cody Jinks called No Guarntees... give it a listen.

If you want an absolutely awesome cathartic album, I urge you to try Beta Male Fairy tales by Bens Brother.

Posted

Usually Ian Dury and the blick heads up loud in car, though of late the cover of take on me from Deadpool

Posted
2 hours ago, quietlysure said:

from my experience it's the " bad boys" that always win

A popular stand-up comedian (I can't recall who) once offered a take on this:  It's the kind of relationship that ends-up with the woman hanging out of the door of the trailer, wearing bruises and a a tube top, and screaming at the cops, "...AND I DON'T WANT HIS ASS BACK HERE!"

8 hours ago, quietlysure said:

well that and women are from Venus and men from Mars

Actually, I'm from the fourth planet in the Sirius star system.  I was accidentally marooned here, on Earth, back in your 1950's.

Posted
34 minutes ago, phoenyx said:

A popular stand-up comedian (I can't recall who) once offered a take on this:  It's the kind of relationship that ends-up with the woman hanging out of the door of the trailer, wearing bruises and a a tube top, and screaming at the cops, "...AND I DON'T WANT HIS ASS BACK HERE!"

Actually, I'm from the fourth planet in the Sirius star system.  I was accidentally marooned here, on Earth, back in your 1950's.

Of course we may all be from a different plant if we didn't evolve as thought, that or we're all just part of a computer simulation....

Posted
2 hours ago, phoenyx said:

Well of course, Phoenix, that’s actually really appropriate for you! The brightest star in the sky (well at least for the next 210,000 years), the bottom and supporting point of the stellar Winter Triangle, and you may also know that the star we see is actually Sirius Alpha, there also being a Sirius Beta, Alpha’s Sub, which is 10000 times less bright, being in lowly submission to its Dominant.

All very poetic... and it suits you!

Posted

"It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even start" - Addison Walker

Posted

something to remember is that "nice" isn't a personality, it's not a skill - it's not useful.

Someone has a heart attack in the street, they don't need a nice guy they need CPR.

Someone has 1 item in the supermarket and you have a trollyfull - so you let them go in front, that's being nice - but if you only did it because you wanted something in return then it's not nice it's manipulation.

when you repeat the "women only like the bad boys"kinda lie the question is "what exactly is it they offer?" - are they funny, are they otherwise generous, are they exciting to be around?  what do they bring?

Posted

No I don't I let them wait in the queue along with anyone else behind