Realtime friendship...

qu****

Posted
1 hour ago, Fredddy said:

Well of course, Phoenix, that’s actually really appropriate for you! The brightest star in the sky (well at least for the next 210,000 years), the bottom and supporting point of the stellar Winter Triangle, and you may also know that the star we see is actually Sirius Alpha, there also being a Sirius Beta, Alpha’s Sub, which is 10000 times less bright, being in lowly submission to its Dominant.

All very poetic... and it suits you!

The dogstar also known as the rainbow star...

I absolutely love this star.

Posted
53 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

something to remember is that "nice" isn't a personality, it's not a skill - it's not useful.

It may not be a skill, and certainly someone having a heart attack will need CPR, not nice - but someone down needs nice - by which I mean a caring, non-judgemental listener.

54 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

when you repeat the "women only like the bad boys"kinda lie the question is "what exactly is it they offer?" - are they funny, are they otherwise generous, are they exciting to be around?  what do they bring?

Why do us girls like the bad boys? I was asked this question while standing in a queue to buy concert tickets for KISS. (Showing my age - we had to queue for tickets then!) The bloke in front of me started chatting and asked who my fave member was. "Well, Gene, of course," I said.  "So what is with Gene and you sheilas? You always go for Gene the Demon, the Bad Boy. Is it the tongue?"  I couldn't answer for every female member of the Army so...."It's the challenge.  That's the charisma they've got. They're an enigma. Can we tame a bad boy from lust and into love?"  Most of us, to our cost, find we can't.  I got lucky with my 'bad boy'. :heart: 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Vandalslut said:

but someone down needs nice - by which I mean a caring, non-judgemental listener.

yep

but... a caring, non-judgemental listener is a skill, a trait, a personality.

It's not *just* nice.

Nice is the default minimum :) 

Posted
2 hours ago, Fredddy said:

there also being a Sirius Beta, Alpha’s Sub, which is 10000 times less bright, being in lowly submission to its Dominant

Yes, the white dwarf.  It has an elliptical orbit outside of the orbit of my world.  Its name in our language means "Night Sun".  About 50 times brighter than your full moon.  Plays hell with our seasons and tides.  Sorry folks, about the off-topic.  Just a little homesick.

Posted
On 11/30/2019 at 8:56 AM, phoenyx said:

So many have become wrapped-up in some run-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off existence---work, family, errands, social obligations, etc, etc, etc.  Then, there is the great gift/curse of electronic communication.  So many messages needing a response, so many calls that need to be returned.  In all of the chaos, contact info gets lost.  Even valued friends can slip through the cracks.

Spot on, Phoenyx. Us lot of a certain age are caught up in responding because we were raised that it's 'polite' to answer letters, return phone calls etc.  Younger people, across the board, are exhibiting low self esteem depending on how many 'likes' they received on social media.  Not to mention cyber-bullying contributing to the sociological mess.  I know I might go six weeks between Circles and not see any of the members, but we'll communicate regularly through our private on-line group.

53 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

yep

but... a caring, non-judgemental listener is a skill, a trait, a personality.

It's not *just* nice.

Nice is the default minimum :) 

Fair do's - but sometimes 'nice' is just enough'  Actually, nice as a word is the pits - when I was a kid in primary (grade) school,we'd lose marks for using the word 'nice' in compositions, and get a remark in red biro from the teacher, "Find another word!"  If nice could be redefined as: caring - understanding - generous - giving - takes pride in appearance (unlike the Vandal at present, who has not used  a hairbrush yet and resembles a deranged cockatoo) - does a fair day's work for a fair day's pay - then 'nice' guys will always finish first. The bad boys may be attractive - and there's the element of danger about the as well - but I've seen a lot of 'bad boys' hit the big 5-0 - they're alone - all the girls they f**ked and forgot are settled with the 'nice' guys -  they're bewildered - and wondering where everyone went!  

Posted

It's ok to go off topic as such here, as, unlike in chatrooms you mainly only get the people responding who may have an interest in what's being spoken about, either in a jokey way or a more serious way

Posted

when I was younger - I went through a few long periods of being not only single but unable to even get a date - and there was someone online I quite fancied and she'd been having problems bouncing between guys and then getting frustrated each one was messing her about, using her, dumping her after sex - whatever - and I kinda thought a little... I don't even get a chance? Why not? I'm nice?

and like... but in what measures "nice" - that I didn't intend to mess her around, use her, or dump her after sex?  Is that enough?

To kinda expect "a chance" is a form of entitlement and isn't nice.  

I think a question is what about us makes us nice?  And how can we show we can offer that to others?  We can call ourselves nice - but what makes someone else go "that person is nice I'd love to meet/play-with/fuck/be-in-a-relationship-with them" ?

Posted

I try to avoid using certain words, IE, nice, honest, trusting etc, as in my online experience they open a floodgate to all the scammers who seem to think he's desperate, we can get *** from him, my record for stringing one along (no *** sent) is 6 months, then the switchboard manager messaged me saying fuck off wasting our time, I laughed for 3 days over that 🤣😂🤣

Posted

while stringing scammers along can be fun - it does ultimately waste your own time also.

Posted

Ok, what is "nice?" (I never have learnt/learned if the quotations go before or after the question mark, btw)

Obviously it's different depending on who you ask. Blacksheep makes a point. Treating someone well, not using them, not dumping them after sex. That's all nice, isn't it? Or is that just an unwritten rule?

Like Vandalslut, I think it was that posted, I had to come up with alternative adjectives. "A cake is nice, the weather is nice, people need a different adjective"

As for describing myself.. honest, trusting are right up there. You wanna *** that it says more about you than me. I'm proud of who I am.

Posted

As to whether to say someone's nice I think it's better to say a good person rather than a nice person, it certainly encompasses more

Posted

Dammit! Really?

I tried that and it looked wrong, grrrrrrrr!

"Good" rather than "nice"? (Are you sure?) That might work but (And I'm being really picky here just because I like meandering off in different tangents) what defines someone as good?

An example... I have a few very dear friends who are brutally honest, and I do mean brutally (the type who would probably reply "yes because you're ass is big" if I asked that famous question) it's one of the reasons they are so dear to me, for me that brutal honesty is a good thing. At least now. A few years ago I couldn't handle that level of honesty, I was too fragile, it would have been a bad thing.

Anyway, good is subjective 😋

Posted

Sorry, just sometimes I have an urge to correct spelling, a bad habit 😁

Posted

Errrm, your ass, not you're ass, 😆😆

Posted

And that makes it sound like I'd go with an ass grrrrr

Posted

Oh my GOD!!!

I did the your/you're thing!

Oh, and..... hee haw 😆

Posted
1 minute ago, eyemblacksheep said:

reminds me - need to clean my bum today

😆

Don't be an arse

Posted

last week filming there was a guy requested a strap on scene then suddenly remembered he hadn't cleaned... like...ffs.  luckily the lady had some enema kits with her.  

Posted

They al, they al, they always call me donkey 🐴

Posted
8 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

last week filming there was a guy requested a strap on scene then suddenly remembered he hadn't cleaned... like...ffs.  luckily the lady had some enema kits with her.  

😖

5 minutes ago, quietlysure said:

They al, they al, they always call me donkey 🐴

🐎 You'll have to be a horse, I haven't got a donkey!