What is true submission?

Posted

I'm not really into power exchange, but one of my biggest desires is to serve and worship a lady. However, I don't think it's a real submission on my side.

I'm quite a control freak, and losing control is actually a phobia for me. I will obey mild orders, will worship her body as passionately as I can, but I'd never let her fully control me, or tie me up.

-

Note that this is how I feel in real life. I'm virtually omnipotent in my imaginary world, I don't have much limits there.

Posted

Have you actually met anybody by curiousity ? 

Posted

words like "true" and "real" are often based on an ideology rather than necessarily how things are.

You can certainly serve and worship someone without any form of power exchange or surrender of control.   

Posted

You're more likely to find you accept things after you've met someone you enjoy being with, 

Posted
55 minutes ago, FabSeverus said:

Have you actually met anybody by curiousity ? 

Never met anyone in real life. And probably never will. My post would apply only if I had a capable body and a decent appearance to actually be with someone.

Posted
2 hours ago, SidoraxVonCreep said:

I'm quite a control freak, and losing control is actually a phobia for me. I will obey mild orders, will worship her body as passionately as I can, but I'd never let her fully control me, or tie me up.

These are limits that you will need to test.  Saying "never" may be what is holding you back.  At least, be open to the idea.  The right Domme may be able to guide you through it.  You may even find the experience to be quite rewarding.

Posted
2 minutes ago, phoenyx said:

These are limits that you will need to test.  Saying "never" may be what is holding you back.  At least, be open to the idea.  The right Domme may be able to guide you through it.  You may even find the experience to be quite rewarding.

I guess it stems from my paranoia and lack of trust. Maybe, if it was someone I really trusted, I might lower the armor a little.

Posted

Well you're not alone in that, I trust no-one, from my experience every time I have it's always backfired and that's just in a platonic sense, 

Posted

I am very much in control (or so people think) in my Vanilla life, and the whole premise of my submission is to learn to give up that control to someone I trust with my whole being. 

I think it is about awareness and setting a goal, but also be willing to accept if the direction changes as part of learning. There is a saying, that I picked up from the iChing, which is over 5,000 years old; It is not about getting from A to Z but getting from A to B, B to C, ... - we learn as we progress, but if we do not progress we learn nothing.

I hope this makes sense

Posted

Yep, makes sense, and in a general way of life way as well, I mean away from any kink or fetish, everybody learns one way or another