Submissive powerful characters

Posted

In the terms of fiction, how do you feel about characters who posses great power, but are sexually submissive?

Me and my #1 play partner once did a story where she played a demi-goddess. My partner is sub, so all her characters are the same way. The demi-goddess was originally owned by a more powerful demon lord, but left and started a relationship with a normal human, still remaining submissive.

Also, I made a character empowered by demonic magic, who usually controls everything, but likes to worship and submit to women.

For dominants, how would you feel about being served by someone who's clearly more powerful than you?

Posted
Good topic. Love that last line. I'm more powerful than my Dominants, so I guess they're fine with it.
Posted
47 minutes ago, white_rose said:

Good topic. Love that last line. I'm more powerful than my Dominants, so I guess they're fine with it.

Nice. I was wondering if it doesn't feel strange, when a more powerful entity submits to someone "less" than them.

Of course, a different case is when the less powerful character finds a way to *** the stronger one into submission. I've made a story where an ordinary witch took control over a dark lust god with the use of a cursed chastity cage.

Posted

power is often an interesting trope.

Firstly; I think there's a lot of strength in submission anyway.  

But, also, what is power.

Are we talking strength? Influence? Men are generally stronger than women - yet there are many male subs - then there's the trope of the powerful/wealthy CEO who likes to sub.

Posted
2 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

power is often an interesting trope.

Firstly; I think there's a lot of strength in submission anyway.  

But, also, what is power.

Are we talking strength? Influence? Men are generally stronger than women - yet there are many male subs - then there's the trope of the powerful/wealthy CEO who likes to sub.

I was referring to fiction. Like, the person is supernatural, or able to use magical powers, and they submit to someone normal or less powerful. How would a dominant feel if someone like that offered them their service?

Posted

Isn't that what submission is about though?

It wouldn't be submission if it was taken, would it?

So, in theory, every sub is more powerful than their dom, hence why submission is given.

Posted
2 hours ago, SidoraxVonCreep said:

How would a dominant feel if someone like that offered them their service?

so, the sub is using their supernatural or magical abilities to benefit their Dominant? Or surrendering these for their Dominant?

yeah; that sounds standard to me. 

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

so, the sub is using their supernatural or magical abilities to benefit their Dominant?

Yes. Exactly.

One of my characters has vast magical power and uses it to fulfill his domme's needs and desires.

Posted
2 hours ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Isn't that what submission is about though?

It wouldn't be submission if it was taken, would it?

So, in theory, every sub is more powerful than their dom, hence why submission is given.

Of course, I know what submission is about. Almost all of my magical characters submit willingly. One is an exception, but his submission is explained by being bound by a cursed object.

I'm referring to the more obvious power difference, found only in fiction. Like for example, when a reality warping demon likes to serve a human woman. Would a dominant feel confident enough to control such entity?

• 2 months later...
Posted

interesting question, its something I've wondered about a few times.  Physically I've got the training to be absolutely lethal but am still sexually submissive.  I remember hearing years ago from an ex SEAL that a surprising number of special ***s guys visit pro-Dommes as 'slaves' its their way of unwinding from 24/7 vigilance on mission.  Not sure whether that's the same.

In fiction there is 'I Dream of Jeanie' which kind of fits the dynamic you describe, albeit in a safe for children's television type way, and possibly some of the Greek myths as well as the origin myth of the Plantagenets