What do you want to see on User Profiles?

Posted

The Fetish.com team are having a discussion about user profiles, prompted by Cassie's suggestion of the interview section being compulsory for people to fill in. 

Is that something you'd like to see? If not that, what are you looking for when you look at someone's profile? What details do you want to know and is there anything that is on the profiles now that you think is irrelevant?

All feedback will be gratefully received and used to make our fetish.com community even more effective and user friendly! :) 

Posted
I think the interview is a great way to get to know people and break the ice. But being mandatory may make some feel a little exposed? Honesty is always the best policy but i respect peoples boundries in the same way i expect my boundries to be respected.
Posted
BEing new to the site and the scene I think it would be useful for some kind of experience grading.
Posted

Hi,   A grading system is a really good idea but the problem is that one would  have to re configure how this web site operates.

It is not about boundaries.It is about being honest in what a member is hoping to find....whether it is just friendship , or something more meaningful. Which ever avenue one takes there is no way of being a 100 % sure that a member is being totally honest. But having to fill in an interview might encourage members to be more open who they are and to understand that being honest can make all the difference in developing a relationship...friendship..etc.Unless one takes a Lie detector test there is No Way of knowing who is genuine and who is not. But having to fill in an interview...might go some way towards establishing an understanding. That a long established view that Honesty is the best policyIs it en***able..No.If a member is really genuine in what they are looking for...what better way than being honest in the beginning. Everything depends on members honesty, the more we can do to encourage that....it will benefit everyone.

I think that if members are looking for some form of relationship. Friendship etc and want to make it public within this website , there  should be a registration process that involves an interview. If one joins , just to be part of the community then different rules should apply...Cassie

Posted

Something just occurred to me, If the community teams are considering and debating members suggestions for improvements, When you think how many members there are, When a suggestion is mentioned, posted, a few m from a few members is not a true reflection  or f the views of all the members.

The moderators etc should either have a  closed session debate and make a decision on the basis of whether a suggestion would benefit everyone or to send a very simple questionnaire to all the members to get positive feedback...Cassie..

Posted
6 hours ago, HexThePup said:

I think the interview is a great way to get to know people and break the ice. But being mandatory may make some feel a little exposed? Honesty is always the best policy but i respect peoples boundries in the same way i expect my boundries to be respected.

That is a good point, thank you. What would you like to see in a user profile? Is there anything more we should add to the existing options?

Posted
6 hours ago, Madtheswine said:

BEing new to the site and the scene I think it would be useful for some kind of experience grading.

Oh, that sounds like a very good idea indeed, thank you. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Cassie34 said:

Something just occurred to me, If the community teams are considering and debating members suggestions for improvements, When you think how many members there are, When a suggestion is mentioned, posted, a few m from a few members is not a true reflection  or f the views of all the members.

The moderators etc should either have a  closed session debate and make a decision on the basis of whether a suggestion would benefit everyone or to send a very simple questionnaire to all the members to get positive feedback...Cassie..

The team will discuss everything thoroughly, asking for the community feedback in whatever way is deemed best. We work for you guys to make this website work effectively for our awesome community. :) 

Posted
11 minutes ago, VictoriaBlisse said:

Oh, that sounds like a very good idea indeed, thank you. 

I guess it could be done in interview form. Eg. Have you experienced receiving spanking? A) watched it and want to try it B) once or twice C) often but need more experience. And so on. 

Posted
14 hours ago, Madtheswine said:

I guess it could be done in interview form. Eg. Have you experienced receiving spanking? A) watched it and want to try it B) once or twice C) often but need more experience. And so on. 

That's a really great idea and could be used as an additional layer of profile information to fill in that would help many of us gauge each others experience levels. So for a question like the spanking one mentioned above you could have it optioned for those who have experienced being spanked and those who have experience in administering the spanking.

So...

Have you experienced receiving spanking?

A) watched it and want to try it

B) once or twice

C) often but need more experience

D) Spankaholic devotee

Have you experienced administering a spanking?

A) No but I would love to try it

B) Once or Twice but fairly Vanilla

C) Often and via many different methods

D) Spankmaster God/Goddess

You could then dig into more detail and ask questions such as, "Have you been or dished out spanking with a paddle?" Or "Have you been or dished out spanking with a riding crop? You could have a similar grading of answers.

You could also make the questions very easy to write and interactive by asking for inspiration from fellow members regarding questions about kinks or types of play as you have already done with this whole topic.

Making at least a portion of the interview section mandatory would be very, very good for many of us on the site as it would encourage most users to at least put in a little effort in their profile to say something about wither their interests or who they are as this is something that is sorely lacking on many profiles at present. Perhaps having a mandatory word count of 100 words  or something like this would not be too taxing for those who are still shy, nervous or unsure of what to say as 100 words is a fairly small amount of information to write.

Posted

Whether one takes the route of developing a Questionnaire or making the whole interview divided into sub sections, some of which have to be filled in and others left as an option. The problem is , that one is still relying on a members Honesty.There is no way of checking whether a member is being truthful in their answers.

One has to underline the importance of being honest. To encourage members to realise that the truth will always come out. Whether a long way into personal contact with a  member by the messaging service or when one meets for the first time!  The most difficult thing for most members to do is to open up. 

One can spend years keeping everything to ones self, join a Website, and be faced with the opportunity to admit so much. I was scared when I joined, went through  my interview so many times, still not happy. We are part of a community where one can be so open and honest, that transparency that is available to us as being members  should be why filling a questionnaire is so important whether one is looking for friendship or any thing else. Is it to do with how society treats us , that we are afraid to admit who we are and what we love?

My instinct tells me that a lot of members are afraid of mentioning personal loves,kinks etc because they might become more public. I do not know what the solution is, .but a thought. A questionnaire based on the whole interview sounds like a good idea. If a member or prospective member has no option but to pick which answer reflects who they are or what they love. They would be more likely to give a honest reply.

Some form of a two tier system , depending on what a member is looking for or hoping to find, is also a good idea. Who we are and what we love takes an awful amount of courage to admit. Once you cross that line, one has so much to gain , so much to look forward to. But at the end of the day, it is all about encouraging members to be Honest and truthful. If I had that knowledge a long time ago,I would not be a member but a very happily married sub..!..Cassie..

Posted
I'm not sure about the interview section being compulsory as not everyone would be comfortable with shearing everything/all sorts with someone/everyone right away. X x
Posted
The more information you supply helps others fully understand your offerings or needs so in my view I totally agree with my friend Cassie. x
Posted
Having a better place for my writings would be appreciated
Posted
4 minutes ago, SirArtu said:

Having a better place for my writings would be appreciated

As I'm an author when I'm not over here on the forum, this one resonates with me. Good suggestion.