Cover Photo Help

Phoenyx

Posted

I am currently going through some pics that I plan to post to my profile.  I noticed the option for a "Cover Photo".  Is this the banner photo that goes across the top?  If so, what is the best size and aspect ratio to use?

Posted (edited)

Try contacting a mod called AnnaLou, she seems to have a lot of sense! Try the thread 'International Womens Day.'

Edited by Vandalslut
Posted (edited)

Yes it’s the one behind your main pic Mine is 1624x1080

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

Thanks Fab and VS.  Fab, those look like the numbers I need.  VS, if I need, I have Annalou in my contact list.

• 1 year later...
Posted

They won't post the photo if they can find it on an image search. it don't matter if you have the legal right to post the photo.  A friend purchased one from deviant art and they would not appove it even though he had legal rights to use it for personal use. however they did post one that was downloaded from the internet and cropped so it wouldn't show up on an image search

Posted
5 hours ago, actuallyadream said:

They won't post the photo if they can find it on an image search. it don't matter if you have the legal right to post the photo.  A friend purchased one from deviant art and they would not appove it even though he had legal rights to use it for personal use. however they did post one that was downloaded from the internet and cropped so it wouldn't show up on an image search

photos are meant to be *of you* (an exception being toys you own)

So stock images whether with a legal right or not fall out of this - side stepping rules never ends well. 

Posted

It is a cover photo not a profile pic or pic in the album  it is there to dress up your profile and make it look better not to display your toys 

Posted
9 minutes ago, actuallyadream said:

It is a cover photo not a profile pic or pic in the album  it is there to dress up your profile and make it look better not to display your toys 

whilst we may have our opinions. This isn't the site rules and also why the photos weren't approved or subsequently removed

Equally, arguably, again.  By logic... if someone has bought a stock image which contains an individual then they have permission to upload it - but you can see why this would be a problem, no?