Teaching and learning

Henryracing

Henryracing
Posted

I'm new to this lifestyle and want to learn to be a better dom

Posted

"Better" can be subjective.

I guess a question is what can you do, what are you like NOW and where do you want to be?  Are there certain kinks or activities you'd like to try ?  Certain mannerisms you wish to improve?

cautiousswitch
Posted

I'm seeing two pathways here.

You've been a little curious about the lifestyle.  When thinking about it you've always imagined yourself in the dominant roll.  You want to start exploring this.  If this is the case then what aspects of the lifestyle appealed to you he most?

or

Someone else has asked you to dominate them.  You are willing to try but are truly completely new to the lifestyle.  If this is the case then you've got to find out what they are interested in and set your own boundaries as to how far you are willing to go fulfill their wants.

In either case, what do you mean by learning to be a better dom? If you are looking for techniques then you have to tell us the activities you want to practice.  If you are looking for ideas on how to initiate a session then you have to tell us more about the relationship dynamic.

Posted

I was a newb 2 years ago when I joined, so my advice is to read everything you can on Dominants AND submissives, as both give useful information. Then message local submissives whose profiles interest you and say Hi. Learn from everyone you chat to, what you like, or dislike, and build up "your" kinks i.e. what are you interested in doing to or with a submissive. This helps you focus on those submissives who match your kinks. If no one local, try having an online submissive as good experience. And if you are lucky, with time (took me around 18 months), you might get the chance of a local enough submissive to meet regularly. Good luck !