We both have hobbies

TheAlphaSub

TheAlphaSub
Posted

Laying on our bed, im deeply engrossed in my *** mystery book. Daddy is in the lounge shouting at his  Gran Turismo Sport game. He's been on edge since he came home from work. I made him a snack and a cup of tea and turned on his PS4 for him. I'd hoped it would relax him. It seems to have wound him up more. 
He's best left alone. I'm so enthralled in my book, so many twists, so much suspense. I'm on edge myself with this page turner. 
With all of daddy's shouting I had to put my headphones on, when he gets like this I get anxious. I feel safe when he is calm and in control. When he is volitile it make me feel untethered and like we are both lost.
Daddy's shadow crosses the bedroom door as he goes to the kitchen. 
I turn away from the door to get comfortable, the story is coming to a head, there is an intense conflict in the book and its not clear if the hero will survive. At the crucial paragraph as I start reading hands suddenly wrap around my ankles. I gasp and look up, my headphones crash to the floor. 

Daddy lost one race too many, the frustration is burning in his eyes. 'Daddy?' I try to say but my voice is barely a whisper. 
'Be. Quiet.' he says through gritted teeth.
I swallow the lump in my throat. I've forgotten all about the book as it slips off the bed. *** and excitement shoot through me as I stare into his eyes. Daddy tells me to turn back onto my stomach and not make a sound. I obey and grip the edge on the bed, my whole body stiff with anticipation.