BDSM Education - Your Thoughts

le****

Posted

Hi everyone. Quick question for you. If you had the opportunity to have a class or workshop (online or offline) on any aspect of kink, what would it be?  

Posted

The four pillars, the most important aspects 😊. The base protocols all should strive for at all times. Some stumble myself included but they are key.

Posted

• What are the different kinds of kinks.
• How to weed out misogynistic Doms.
• How to care for yourself specially if you are a sub.
• Mental Health and knowing when to stop.
• The importance of vocalising what your limits are not hurt yourself mentally or physically in the desire to please.
• Important safety measures.
• A brief history of BDSM / BDSM in the old days

Posted

* To teach the meanings of SSC, RACK AND PRICK.
* Mental health and how to care for yourself.
* Aftercare and the importance of it.
* Rope/shibari workshop.
* Red flags, limits and safewords.

* History of BDSM and how it's changed and moved on

* More Guidance for newbies

Posted

Equality and acceptance within the BDSM community. Many people have been bullied out. Some lessons are needed.

Posted

Newbies 101

• Guidance for them on how to start out
  • How not to get lost in the fog
  • Things they need to look out for
  • Who to turn to when they need help
  • Where to seek reliable and up-to-date information

Mentorship 101

• How to be a good Mentor 
Posted

Effective challenge, boundaries and confidence in use of the word "no" and how when we become so deeply entwined in a situation how we rebuild after asserting ourselves for our wellbeing. In turn the inevitable ending of dynamics, connections, friendships and managing this. Developing resilience, courage and robust self esteem 🔥🔥🔥

Posted

I know this is going to come across extremely simplified, but in short: Why it is we do what we do.

Posted

Boundaries. How to Identify your own, respect other people’s and keep within yours.

Posted

Safely triggering subspace using psychological triggers and ensuring complete aftercare.

Posted

I think education is extremely important and found it interesting that most peoples answers were boundaries and saying No or understanding No.
What was interesting was, these are things I hear in the every day world of my professional life, the things people want most in life.
If there is difficulty in saying No to people and not having set boundaries in your life then it would be easy to be taken advantage of in any situation in life.

Posted

While I don’t currently do not have any of these issues, in the beginning the following would have been helpful: Boundaries and how to set them both in the beginning and as the relationship evolves. How to communicate effectively and it’s necessity. How to keep your individual person throughout the relationship.

Posted

Shibari/Rope Bondage. I would like to learn everything I possibly can about it.

Posted

I'm loving all of these and would definitely join if they were available. Another topic I think would be interesting is time management. Ways in which you can balance the lifestyle and the outside world, for both Doms and subs. It could maybe tie in with self-care.

Posted

All of the above.  Plus, lessons in the mechanics.  For example: impact play---proper technique;  areas that are safe to strike, and places to avoid;  proper warm-up;  reading body language, as in, how to tell the difference between pleasant and unpleasant ***;  proper aftercare.

In bondage:  ways to tie or bind, without cutting-off circulation;  how to be prepared for muscle cramps, panic attacks, or other emergencies;  the difference in dynamics between rope bondage and leather/latex bondage;  the use of psychological tricks or sensory deprivation, to make a scene feel more intense;  the psychological impact of locks;  basic chastity play and orgasm denial (including safety);  and again, proper aftercare.

For the sub, especially those wishing to attempt extreme bondage:  the importance of physical fitness, proper stretching, and breath control;  breathing techniques to best release endorphins, both in bondage and impact play;  ways to manage a muscle cramp or panic attack, until release can be achieved;  alternatives to safewords, when a gag or hood is employed.

Of course, there is the subject of protocol---which is an entire book unto itself.

Those are just a few, off the top of my head.

Vandalslut
Posted

I believe a course in the basic tenet of each unto their own would do some good; live and let live; tolerance of each other's kinks and beliefs; acceptance of the different levels of BDSM, rather than hectic conversion attempts to 'only one way is the right way', and rather than the one rule for some and another rule for others precept that's suddenly become evident on a few threads in the past couple of weeks.  That is what I call bringing vanilla values into the BDSM world. No kink shaming - and no shaming of kink-levels. We're all different.

Posted

I’ve come across a lot of newbie subs who think they have to agree to everything the Dom/me says so I think definitely something for newbies which includes consent, limits, red flags, respect, safe words, SSC, RACK and negotiation.

Also safe impact play, setting a scene, safety measures and self care. 

TemptressM
Posted

I know its been mentioned before but def something on Mental health

The importance of limits in a new relationship 

I think everything has pretty much been covered 

Posted
3 hours ago, phoenyx said:

All of the above.  Plus, lessons in the mechanics.  For example: impact play---proper technique;  areas that are safe to strike, and places to avoid;  proper warm-up;  reading body language, as in, how to tell the difference between pleasant and unpleasant ***;  proper aftercare.

In bondage:  ways to tie or bind, without cutting-off circulation;  how to be prepared for muscle cramps, panic attacks, or other emergencies;  the difference in dynamics between rope bondage and leather/latex bondage;  the use of psychological tricks or sensory deprivation, to make a scene feel more intense;  the psychological impact of locks;  basic chastity play and orgasm denial (including safety);  and again, proper aftercare.

For the sub, especially those wishing to attempt extreme bondage:  the importance of physical fitness, proper stretching, and breath control;  breathing techniques to best release endorphins, both in bondage and impact play;  ways to manage a muscle cramp or panic attack, until release can be achieved;  alternatives to safewords, when a gag or hood is employed.

Of course, there is the subject of protocol---which is an entire book unto itself.

Those are just a few, off the top of my head.

I give a BIG second to these. 

Posted

To paraphrase/quote 'Bill n Ted'...... " be most excellent to ,and  for  each other/others "

Respect! Innit?🙏

Posted
On 6/4/2020 at 12:50 PM, PixieDust said:

Mentorship 101

• How to be a good Mentor 

Can I add to that one.

• Should my relationship with my mentor be sexual or non-sexual
Posted
22 hours ago, Jinxy said:

Your right Jinxy that is totally a book ;)

So how about.

• How to develop protocols that fit with you both.
  • Ensuring your protocols can fulfil both of your wants and needs.
  • I don't do protocol but I would like something more solid. The unorthodox approach.
  • Changing protocols in and out of scene.
Posted
56 minutes ago, Thebian said:

Your right Jinxy that is totally a book ;)

So how about.

• How to develop protocols that fit with you both.
  • Ensuring your protocols can fulfil both of your wants and needs.
  • I don't do protocol but I would like something more solid. The unorthodox approach.
  • Changing protocols in and out of scene.

It is! That was actually quoting @phoenyx so I think the quoting feature might be off? All the same, I love the break down of this, especially the unorthodox approach. I feel I fall more into that category and so learning how to "implement" that especially if your partner falls on the side of liking protocols. How does that work? Are there compromises to be made? Are there areas in which the non-protocol approach doesn't work? Etc.