BDSM Education - Your Thoughts

le****

Posted
14 hours ago, Thebian said:

Your right Jinxy that is totally a book ;)

So how about.

• How to develop protocols that fit with you both.
  • Ensuring your protocols can fulfil both of your wants and needs.
  • I don't do protocol but I would like something more solid. The unorthodox approach.
  • Changing protocols in and out of scene.

@phoenyx my apologies the above quote regarding protocol was absolutely yours. Thank you for catching my fall there Jinxy

Posted

Safety. Safety in general. Safety for ropes safety for choking mental safety all of it

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

A great question:

it will be a long session so prob divided in few sections. 
Dominance and submission.

-what type and what kind of relationship it involves 

Safety and care system 
-what to do before starting a session, basic hygiene 

-what to ask to a sub before getting involved in a relationship 

Dangerous or risk play. 
-ropes, needles, shocking, strangulation, breath play, suspension. 

Legal system 

- what happened if something going wrong -

-kinksters who work in a risk job category 

What to do when a relationship end and what’s the best way to deal with. 

top of my head 

MaddieShires
Posted

Sir FabSeverus has identified some important topics that should be covered in Education. Perhaps some of the classes/topics could be for first timers or lifestyles and what about having a glossary.

fspljbbcpfwb93
Posted

I say that would be a good idea. I’m an example, I have zero experience with BDSM, fetishes or kinks and I don’t know what to do to get started.

Posted
48 minutes ago, fspljbbcpfwb93 said:

I say that would be a good idea. I’m an example, I have zero experience with BDSM, fetishes or kinks and I don’t know what to do to get started.

Well, there are always the basics.  It could be a simple spanking.  Or, having sex while one member is chained to the bed.  It may be as simple as one playing obedient servant to the other.  Or maybe, wearing leather of latex while making love.  To start, the two of you should sit down together, and let your imaginations roam.  Find something that appeals to both of you.  It is really all about trust.  Once the ice is broken, the rest becomes easy.

fspljbbcpfwb93
Posted
20 hours ago, fspljbbcpfwb93 said:

To answer your question properly, 101-type classes that cover the basics about fetishes in general as well as the basics about the particular kinks you're curious about.

Posted

@everyone thank you so much for your input on my question. It's very much appreciated and is very useful here in Fetish towers! If anyone wants to add any more, or if you agree with any of the previous posts, simply 'like' each one, as I'm keeping a tab on 'votes' (for want of a better word) on their popularity.  Similarly, if you are a BDSM educator, or know of any, DM me! :) 

• 1 month later...
Posted

I would go very heavily on the importance of consent, particularly with regards to the safety of women, because I have seen cases of women being pressured to do certain things they might otherwise not do.

I know that these actions by a minority of reprehensible individuals is not representative of most of the kink community, and the great majority would respect the right of anyone to say,  "no, I don't want to do, or take part in that."

• 4 months later...
Posted
On 6/4/2020 at 6:45 AM, Curvykate said:

Boundaries. How to Identify your own, respect other people’s and keep within yours.

I like this, it would also be on how to create them and maybe push them a lil.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Rope play sensual and artistic . The after care of the bunny and the ropes themselves. How to treat the ropes before and the safe use of them .

Safety first.

Posted

Power exchange. An in depth study of the different dynamics between dom and sub. Who’s really in control. Does it ever really change? If so, when and in witch dynamic(s).

Posted

Finding you're limits and how to find a proper partner who can educate you as well. How to carry yourself in a dungeon. What's appropriate behavior when going to a dungeon. What's not to be tolerated.

Posted

How to find a dungeon of your interests. How to set dungeon limits and safe words. And where to even start looking for dungeons available.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 6/4/2020 at 11:38 PM, Phoenyx said:

All of the above.  Plus, lessons in the mechanics.  For example: impact play---proper technique;  areas that are safe to strike, and places to avoid;  proper warm-up;  reading body language, as in, how to tell the difference between pleasant and unpleasant ***;  proper aftercare.

In bondage:  ways to tie or bind, without cutting-off circulation;  how to be prepared for muscle cramps, panic attacks, or other emergencies;  the difference in dynamics between rope bondage and leather/latex bondage;  the use of psychological tricks or sensory deprivation, to make a scene feel more intense;  the psychological impact of locks;  basic chastity play and orgasm denial (including safety);  and again, proper aftercare.

For the sub, especially those wishing to attempt extreme bondage:  the importance of physical fitness, proper stretching, and breath control;  breathing techniques to best release endorphins, both in bondage and impact play;  ways to manage a muscle cramp or panic attack, until release can be achieved;  alternatives to safewords, when a gag or hood is employed.

Of course, there is the subject of protocol---which is an entire book unto itself.

Those are just a few, off the top of my head.

Very informative.  I think I will have to research breathing techniques to release endorphins....sounds interesting. 

Posted

I think a fun one would be a DIY type of class on how to make sex toys/whips or paddles

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Learning what really pleases you and what you enjoy and how to help you express that.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Figuring out where you fit, e.g sub/slave and how to fit into that perfect role

Posted

Absolutely would be open to and paying for a intro to shibari or other rope bondage 101 type course ... it’s is on my kink “to do” list for 2021

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Am I allowed to say I’d wanna learn about it ALL?! Lmao 😂

Posted

The legal aspects of Consent. I am personally very curious about them and I think some people really need a refresh on what it means...

Scarlettmiss25
Posted

Bdsm and mental health and also people using their kinks to get over previous trauma