Content to be approved by a Moderator.

Mo****

Posted

Can someone explain to me, why this message is listed above a Topic that I post, or a comment/reply I make on another person's post?  Can I ask others to check their Topic posts or comments and give me feedback please.

I would like to know from Management, why this message appears.  Is this your censorship running amok AGAIN?

Posted

Perhaps Management can explain why MY comments/content need to be approved.

Posted

Certain parts if the forum are in the app than anyone can view. Others are not so depending on where you post it has to be checked first as Joe public can see it all.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

Certain parts if the forum are in the app than anyone can view. Others are not so depending on where you post it has to be checked first as Joe public can see it all.

Thanks Donny

Posted

I'm not a manager but a forum mod - but I can answer this question for you.

Outside of the Kink Academy forum *all* new topics need approved by a moderator.  But once a topic is approved, comments are freely posted by *anyone* with an account.

Inside the Kink Academy not only do new topics need approved, but new comments.

-

A reason for both.

We reject a lot of threads daily.  The most common reasons include that they are personal ads, duplicate topics (as in not something we talked about 3 months ago, but something there's literally a thread about 2 or 3 down) sock sellers/findoms/etc. and anything else which falls outside - well, not just the forum guidelines but the law.   

The Kink Academy section also has to fall within Google and Apple's rules which makes what can and can't be posted more restricted.  If the posts fall out of their terms they can refuse to support the app. But also, there's an awful lot of comments get made on those posts which are derailments for personal ads or your sellers/findom/etc.

-

Pretty much all adult sites have restrictions to one degree or another for that reason.  Fetlife no longer has an app they also had to move a lot of content into private/secret groups.   We don't use private groups.

OnlyFans has a massive list of banned words including 'toilet', 'luxury' and 'meet' which makes conversations on there somewhat frustrating at times.  They also had an app, but no longer.

-

I know this isn't a perfect system and sometimes waiting for approval can be frustrating, but it helps keep us accessible. 

Posted
Just now, FETMOD-KF said:

I know this isn't a perfect system and sometimes waiting for approval can be frustrating, but it helps keep us accessible. 

I don't think it's possible to have a perfect system in areas such as this. The system you have is I think pretty good for the restrictions placed by the app

Posted

Thank you both for your replies.  Me, I was just being a bit paranoid thinking the moderators had it in for me since my last run in.

Posted

@MossyBoy Nah! The moderators have it in for everyone who doesnt pay mate, not your doing...

Posted
Yesterday at 02:34 AM, SirPhileasFlogg said:

@MossyBoy Nah! The moderators have it in for everyone who doesnt pay mate, not your doing...

I don’t feel this is true at all. If you look throughout the entire forum I believe you will find that a vast majority of the posts approved as by regular, non-paying members of the community. To suggest otherwise is a disservice to both the moderators and those who post.

• 3 years later...
YorkshireBiker
Posted

Ive also noticed some threads in the Online Munch section are moderated, I don’t know if that’s for everyone but I’ve posted comments in there, then several more have appeared while mine is still waiting. Not a major issue but can impact the flow of a conversation.

Posted
12 hours ago, YorkshireBiker said:

Ive also noticed some threads in the Online Munch section are moderated, I don’t know if that’s for everyone but I’ve posted comments in there, then several more have appeared while mine is still waiting. Not a major issue but can impact the flow of a conversation.

So everywhere - all new threads go through moderation - but comments typically not pre-moderated.   Kink Academy - all new threads and comments are pre-moderated, this is because that's the only forum available on the default app settings so has to be in line with google/apple policies.

However, sometimes there are threads elsewhere which the mods will turn on pre-moderation, often to help manage the thread.  

YorkshireBiker
Posted

Side question if I may. I posted a new topic yesterday and it’s still waiting moderation after 19hours. What’s the usual timeframe on getting a topic authorised? I’ve only done a few before but never had to wait a full day. 

Posted
1 hour ago, YorkshireBiker said:

Side question if I may. I posted a new topic yesterday and it’s still waiting moderation after 19hours. What’s the usual timeframe on getting a topic authorised? I’ve only done a few before but never had to wait a full day. 

ooh, ouch :/ 

in the olden days (about 5 years ago) it could very easily take a couple of days for things to get approved depending on the availability of moderators.

they did take more on and things were usually out within hours.   But, I know before Christmas they were looking for more, potentially to replace some who had left - so if they're running short it may be back down to a day or two depending on availability 

Posted
On 2/18/2024 at 4:28 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

ooh, ouch :/ 

in the olden days (about 5 years ago) it could very easily take a couple of days for things to get approved depending on the availability of moderators.

they did take more on and things were usually out within hours.   But, I know before Christmas they were looking for more, potentially to replace some who had left - so if they're running short it may be back down to a day or two depending on availability 

I wonder... do you know if they prioritize other than chronological? Seems like it would be logical for the SOS technical topics to at least be slightly more of a priority 🤔 

Posted
1 hour ago, ThaliaV said:

I wonder... do you know if they prioritize other than chronological? Seems like it would be logical for the SOS technical topics to at least be slightly more of a priority 🤔 

here's my insight ;)

when reviewing there's no particular order - if there is someone online actively reviewing then your stuff will go through faster - if there's not been anyone doing approvals for a bit, then they just work through whatever is there

as an exception: sometimes if it's a post they're unsure of they leave to come back to or have a second set of eyes - I know in the past I've posted something where someone has reached out to say sorry about a delay on approvals that they were debating whether to accept my post or not (in this case it was a story I'd written, which was also published on my blog, they elected that even though it was my original content it was available elsewhere so they weren't going to approve... I believe this rule has since been relaxed a little on context)