Rope Bondage Reading Material

Posted

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the correct direction. 🤞🏻

I'm new to trying to learn rope bondage and want to try to find some reading and learning material, currently using the Dutchy website which I will say is awesome but just after some other advise / different books as well as I like to take information from various sources not just one.

I am a sub and am learning this to ensure when I play with my Dom I am safe and know what is happening, it's not just a Dom's responsibility to ensure everyone involved is playing safe (at least not in my opinion)

Thank you all in advance for any tips, help or guidance! 🤗

Posted

the books I own are Douglas Kent's Complete Shibari

There's 3 volumes 

Vol 1 right now is sat on Amazon for £34 - which is nuts.  You can buy direct from Douglas' website for $25.  He's also got assorted bundles including other of his books and, well, rope.   But, his rope isn't quite the cheapest

One advantage we found with a book is that when we were doing something in the middle of the woods - I could pull the book straight out for any problems

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

There's 3 volumes 

Vol 1 right now is sat on Amazon for £34 - which is nuts.  You can buy direct from Douglas' website for $25.  He's also got assorted bundles including other of his books and, well, rope.   But, his rope isn't quite the cheapest

One advantage we found with a book is that when we were doing something in the middle of the woods - I could pull the book straight out for any problems

Love the visual of out in the woods with the book!

Posted (edited)

I can recommend Mark Varley’s videos (and rope)

Website - beautifulbondage -gallery-category-4. He’s also super helpful if you happen to be on the other Fet site.

Edited by Deleted Member
External link removed
Posted
24 minutes ago, Curvykate said:

Love the visual of out in the woods with the book!

I was with my wife doing some play and a little Damsel-in-distress kinda photoshoot - and the tie just didn't seem right - and, y'know, safety first - went to my bag, pulled out the book - sorted :)

Posted
38 minutes ago, Curvykate said:

I can recommend Mark Varley’s videos (and rope) https://beautifulbondage.net/gallery/index.php?/category/4. He’s also super helpful if you happen to be on the other Fet site.

Thank you x

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

There's 3 volumes 

Thanks I'll check it out x

Posted
22 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I was with my wife doing some play and a little Damsel-in-distress kinda photoshoot - and the tie just didn't seem right - and, y'know, safety first - went to my bag, pulled out the book - sorted :)

Sounds great! I miss rope, but haven’t met anyone for a while who knows itZ

Posted

Amazon have a great selection now, look out for the word rigger, that’s a rope expert or google breast or body ties for how to do it guides

Posted

I've been working my way through theduchy and, especially crash-restraint which has an excellent program starting with safety and moving through come really interesting stuff.  Theduchy has some interesting patterns to tie rope floggers too.