What's in a name??!!

li****

Posted
44 minutes ago, BrownXD said:

I meant to say comic cons not books šŸ¤¦šŸ»šŸ¤¦šŸ»šŸ˜†šŸ˜† but yeah still get the books tho and ooohhh never Been fancy dresses up on my life never been Halloween one so yeah but I canā€™t wait to dresses up in my Tokyo ghoul outfit tho I do have Spider-Man one aswell
Plus got jokers mask which is a collectible then dead pool and some others lol but yeah Iā€™ve got no mates that are into cosplay so am all alone but I donā€™t mind tho hahaha

Lolol it's ok!!! I'm just happy there is another person in to comic books, but I have been to a few comic cons also I'm a total sci-fi geek too šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ love the Joker hence my t-shirt in my profile pic and Deadpool comes a close second to superman at being my favourite

Posted

That one is a bit of a tale.Ā  It all started back in the early-to-mid 90's.Ā  I was laid-off from my tech job, when the warranty-repair facility closed its doors.Ā  Technology had gone "disposable", and the electronics industry no longer saw a need for repair services.Ā  So too, it seemed, for those who had worked in the field.

Thus began a long term of unemployment.Ā  It was a time of great economic down-turn.Ā  I began to supplement my meager, temporary income from "The Dole", by taking-on odd jobs.Ā  It might be fixing the occasional TV or VCR.Ā  Or, I might sell a few prints of vintage, local photos.Ā  I had a vast collection of such images, copied from the library, and various city departments.Ā  It was almost like having my own time machine.

Eventually, due to the high rate of unemployment, the government chose to stick me on "permanent disability".Ā  It wasn't because I was unable to work.Ā  No, it was decided, that I was "unfit" for the modern work***.Ā  The official claim by the doctors and social workers, was "Autism".Ā  But, unofficially, I read something else.Ā  It seemed that I was simply too dominant for the corporate, sheep-like world that was being created.Ā  I questioned why, it had somehow become a privilege, to do someone else's work for them! (present milieu excepted)Ā  Consequently, I was literally told, "There is no longer a place in the work***, for people like YOU!"Ā  Apparently, in this new reality, only those from that affluent lap of suburbia, had the privilege to express their dominant and creative natures.Ā  I did not have the proper breeding or background.Ā  I was a misfit, a relic from an earlier era, that needed to be discarded.

All, as my own home-business ventures continued to grow.Ā  Word spread.Ā  Because I operated from home, I was able to undercut the standard pricing.Ā  And, everyone was quite happy with the quality of my work.Ā  Eventually, I added leatherwork to my income endeavors---making "toys" and custom clothing.Ā  I had been heavily involved in The Scene since '91.Ā  So, I had plenty of access to the leather market.Ā  Truly, being able to set my own hours, made life much easier---especially, when it came to those occasional, requisite, late-nights at the "clubs".

Still, there was one concern.Ā  Sooner or later, my efforts would show-up on the Tax Man's radar.Ā  Shops were beginning to purchase from me, wholesale.Ā  So, I applied for a business license.Ā  I chose the name, "Phoenyx Enterprises"---"rising from the ashes", so-to-speak.Ā  It was a blanket permit, to cover all of my works.Ā  I had originally applied under the traditional spelling.Ā  But, that name had already been taken---hence, the alternate, 'y' spelling.Ā  Not long after, a fourth business aspect was added---the one documented in my profile.

As for my screen name on this list, I decided to again use "Phoenyx", for two reasons.Ā  One, was my return to The Scene, after many long years of absence.Ā  The other involved my recovery from a battle with Cancer.Ā  It should be noted though, that this is different from my Scene name, "Obsidian".Ā  That one, involves another story.

Posted
9 hours ago, lil-monster said:

Aw thank you for sharing Lilly ā£ļø your journey has been one of greatness, to watch you grow and become the confident person you are now as been amazing šŸ’œšŸ’œ

Thank you lovely. Thank you for introducing a fantastic conversation for people to be able to understand a little more about each other.

It has been a pleasure to watch how happy you have become, you are fourishing in your beautiful relationship ā¤

Posted
1 hour ago, phoenyx said:

That one is a bit of a tale.Ā  It all started back in the early-to-mid 90's.Ā  I was laid-off from my tech job, when the warranty-repair facility closed its doors.Ā  Technology had gone "disposable", and the electronics industry no longer saw a need for repair services.Ā  So too, it seemed, for those who had worked in the field.

Thus began a long term of unemployment.Ā  It was a time of great economic down-turn.Ā  I began to supplement my meager, temporary income from "The Dole", by taking-on odd jobs.Ā  It might be fixing the occasional TV or VCR.Ā  Or, I might sell a few prints of vintage, local photos.Ā  I had a vast collection of such images, copied from the library, and various city departments.Ā  It was almost like having my own time machine.

Eventually, due to the high rate of unemployment, the government chose to stick me on "permanent disability".Ā  It wasn't because I was unable to work.Ā  No, it was decided, that I was "unfit" for the modern work***.Ā  The official claim by the doctors and social workers, was "Autism".Ā  But, unofficially, I read something else.Ā  It seemed that I was simply too dominant for the corporate, sheep-like world that was being created.Ā  I questioned why, it had somehow become a privilege, to do someone else's work for them! (present milieu excepted)Ā  Consequently, I was literally told, "There is no longer a place in the work***, for people like YOU!"Ā  Apparently, in this new reality, only those from that affluent lap of suburbia, had the privilege to express their dominant and creative natures.Ā  I did not have the proper breeding or background.Ā  I was a misfit, a relic from an earlier era, that needed to be discarded.

All, as my own home-business ventures continued to grow.Ā  Word spread.Ā  Because I operated from home, I was able to undercut the standard pricing.Ā  And, everyone was quite happy with the quality of my work.Ā  Eventually, I added leatherwork to my income endeavors---making "toys" and custom clothing.Ā  I had been heavily involved in The Scene since '91.Ā  So, I had plenty of access to the leather market.Ā  Truly, being able to set my own hours, made life much easier---especially, when it came to those occasional, requisite, late-nights at the "clubs".

Still, there was one concern.Ā  Sooner or later, my efforts would show-up on the Tax Man's radar.Ā  Shops were beginning to from me, wholesale.Ā  So, I applied for a business license.Ā  I chose the name, "Phoenyx Enterprises"---"rising from the ashes", so-to-speak.Ā  It was a blanket permit, to cover all of my works.Ā  I had originally applied under the traditional spelling.Ā  But, that name had already been taken---hence, the alternate, 'y' spelling.Ā  Not long after, a fourth business aspect was added---the one documented in my profile.

As for my screen name on this list, I decided to again use "Phoenyx", for two reasons.Ā  One, was my return to The Scene, after many long years of absence.Ā  The other involved my recovery from a battle with Cancer.Ā  It should be noted though, that this is different from my Scene name, "Obsidian".Ā  That one, involves another story.

Thank you for sharing your journey and how your profile name came to be, I've always been wondering how you did come up with it and I'd be interested to know how you came up with "Obsidian" also.Ā 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lillyth said:

Thank you lovely. Thank you for introducing a fantastic conversation for people to be able to understand a little more about each other.

It has been a pleasure to watch how happy you have become, you are fourishing in your beautiful relationship ā¤

Aw thank you Lilly!!!! šŸ’œšŸ’œ I just wanted a bit of light-hearted chat after everything that has been happening this year I felt we needed a bit of cheering up!!!Ā 

Pinkpanther773
Posted
On 9/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, Beau said:

Mines a sad story but also a lovely one I used Beau from the word beautiful Ā as my dad said to me before he died that I have a beautiful soul and never to forget that ā¤ļø

Love that story, very special meaningĀ 

Posted

I'm over 50, so I'm a lady. Black is my color: skin, clothes, nails, lingeries, hair(when young, now grey), eyes. Lady Black sounded Ā me strong and simple, exactly what i wanna for use on site. And guys, i love all writing of yours here: learning everyday. Bacios

Posted
15 minutes ago, 0LadyBlack said:

I'm over 50, so I'm a lady. Black is my color: skin, clothes, nails, lingeries, hair(when young, now grey), eyes. Lady Black sounded Ā me strong and simple, exactly what i wanna for use on site. And guys, i love all writing of yours here: learning everyday. Bacios

Thank you for sharing šŸ˜Š black is my favourite colour next to purple šŸ’œšŸ–¤ I use to be a goth so everything was black lololĀ 

Posted
Yesterday at 03:26 PM, lil-monster said:

Lolol it's ok!!! I'm just happy there is another person in to comic books, but I have been to a few comic cons also I'm a total sci-fi geek too šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ love the Joker hence my t-shirt in my profile pic and Deadpool comes a close second to superman at being my favourite

You know what I didnā€™t even notice your T-shirt šŸ˜†šŸ¤¦šŸ»šŸ¤­but yeah looks cool Iā€™ve just ordered a joker hoodie will take pictures when he come and Iā€™ve always loved joker especially Mark Hamill aka Luke skywalks) he is my favourite of all time and yeah same here I love anything to do with space or anything thatā€™s pure geeky so can Relate to that
And ooohhhh thatā€™s wicked I was gong Telford one Thai year until this crap happened Iā€™ve heard Manchester anime/gaming con is still going ahead at end of October but ye only been to Cheshire racecourse and Telford one loved them both felt right at home would love to go with few people but ones that Dress up tho as my mates ainā€™t into cosplay so tis just me haha

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BrownXD said:

You know what I didnā€™t even notice your T-shirt šŸ˜†šŸ¤¦šŸ»šŸ¤­but yeah looks cool Iā€™ve just ordered a joker hoodie will take pictures when he come and Iā€™ve always loved joker especially Mark Hamill aka Luke skywalks) he is my favourite of all time and yeah same here I love anything to do with space or anything thatā€™s pure geeky so can Relate to that
And ooohhhh thatā€™s wicked I was gong Telford one Thai year until this crap happened Iā€™ve heard Manchester anime/gaming con is still going ahead at end of October but ye only been to Cheshire racecourse and Telford one loved them both felt right at home would love to go with few people but ones that Dress up tho as my mates ainā€™t into cosplay so tis just me haha

Lol I've met quite a few at those comic cons they are the best thing ever, especially when Jason Momoa winks at ya and says you have a pretty name ( bet he says that to all the ruddy girls )šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I always dress up as much as I can I love love love Halloween for that also.Ā 

Edited by lil-monster
Posted
32 minutes ago, lil-monster said:

Lol I've met quite a few at those comic cons they are the best thing ever, especially when Jason Momoa winks at ya and says you have a pretty name ( bet he says that to all the ruddy girls )šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I always dress up as much as I can I love love love Halloween for that also.Ā 

Hahaha no way you met him that wicked I met David Tennant Neville (hp) two weeks stars but yeah tis amazing how friendly the cosplayers are and let you take pictures to mint o just wanted to dress up as someone šŸ˜† and yes I love Halloween aswell I wanna do it on Christmas tho as tis my birthday day after Boxing Day so would be sick

Posted
1 minute ago, BrownXD said:

Hahaha no way you met him that wicked I met David Tennant Neville (hp) two weeks stars but yeah tis amazing how friendly the cosplayers are and let you take pictures to mint o just wanted to dress up as someone šŸ˜† and yes I love Halloween aswell I wanna do it on Christmas tho as tis my birthday day after Boxing Day so would be sick

Yep met Jason Momoa a few from star trek and star wars plenty from doctor who etc etc lol. I'd dress up every day of the week me šŸ˜‚

Posted

Fun question Lilm! Love reading all these. For me, Elle has been my alter ago for many many years, kinda my naughty side (plus it's not far off my given name). And I love the play on words with hell fire.

Posted
2 hours ago, ElleFire said:

Fun question Lilm! Love reading all these. For me, Elle has been my alter ago for many many years, kinda my naughty side (plus it's not far off my given name). And I love the play on words with hell fire.

Ā 

2 hours ago, ElleFire said:

AND Firewitch was my first Fet friend - I changed from CuriousElle to ElleFire partly in her honor.

Aw thank you Elle!!!! I love the spin on hell fire!!! šŸ”„Oh my gosh I remember when your name was CuriousElle!!!! So long ago but it shows how much you've grown also. ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Posted

I'm really blown away how many people have commented on this post!!! Thank you to everyone who has so far!!! I'm glad that there are more posts recently that are making people laugh and smile, we all need it at the moment. So again thank you to everyone that has left a comment so far.

Posted

*Warning may trigger severe boredom or sleep.*Ā :P

Thebes was a city state in Ancient Greece. Thebes was ultimately sacked by Alexander the Great to demonstrate the power of the Macedonian ***s. After this sacking all the other city states of Greece submitted to Alexanders rule and together they marched on the Persian armies as unified as they had ever been. Hence Thebian a citizen of Thebes.

The city state that through losing a battle unified Greece to the extent that it could defeat the greatest empire at that time.

Just for clarity I am not Greek at all, I just studied this stuff and I am really boring. ;)

*You can wake up now.Ā :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:*
Ā 

Ā 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Thebian said:

Thebes was a city state in Ancient Greece. Thebes was ultimately sacked by Alexander the Great to demonstrate the power of the Macedonian ***s. After this sacking all the other city states of Greece submitted to Alexanders rule and together they marched on the Persian armies as unified as they had ever been. Hence Thebian a citizen of Thebes.

The city state that through losing a battle unified Greece to the extent that it could defeat the greatest empire at that time.

Just for clarity I am not Greek at all, I just studied this stuff and I am really boring. ;)

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ˜‚

Posted
22 minutes ago, Thebian said:

Ā 

Ā 

Lmao!!!! Thank you for explaining!!!! I love history and this is something I'd actually like so it didn't bore me at all šŸ˜‚ so thank you for sharing šŸ˜ŠĀ 

Posted (edited)

Love this!!!

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

my name on here is muchly who i am.Ā  runkelley--i do run mainly long distance and the name is kelley---whichĀ actually is my real name and fortunately works for my femme name as well

Posted
17 minutes ago, runkelley said:

my name on here is muchly who i am.Ā  runkelley--i do run mainly long distance and the name is kelley---whichĀ actually is my real name and fortunately works for my femme name as well

Thank you for sharing šŸ˜Š I can't run up the stairs without getting out of breath lol so I applaud you for running long distance!!!Ā 

Posted
44 minutes ago, Pervy_Paul said:

My name is Paul, and I am a pervert :joy:

šŸ¤£šŸ‘Ā