Burned toast

Posted

One evening my mother made dinner after a hard day's work. She put a plate of eggs, salad and burnt toast in front of my father ...

I immediately noticed, the burnt toast .. And, I was waiting to see if he was going to complain about it, but my father started to eat them, smiling and asked me how I spent my day at school ...

My  ma apologized to my dad for the burnt toast. I will never forget his response to her: "Honey, I love burnt toast!"

Later when I went to bed and my dad came over say goodnight, I asked him if he really liked the burnt toast?

He hugged me and said, "Your mother has had a difficult day and she is really tired. She went out of her way to prepare this meal for us, why blame her and hurt her.
Burnt toast never hurt anyone; but words can be very ***ful! "

We have to know how to appreciate what others do for us, even if it's not perfect, because it's the intention to do well that counts, and no one is perfect.

Intention is everything.

Posted

I shared this the other day! Excellent ethos for everyone to adhere too 🙂

Posted

A wonderful simple lesson.
We could all do with taking a moment sometimes, just to breathe and count to ten before opening our mouths to criticise or complain. Maybe, just maybe, the world would be a more pleasant place

Posted
31 minutes ago, Nastycuntspanker said:

A wonderful simple lesson.
We could all do with taking a moment sometimes, just to breathe and count to ten before opening our mouths to criticise or complain. Maybe, just maybe, the world would be a more pleasant place

Yep and it's something I really need to take on board myself

Posted
1 hour ago, little_dark_princess said:

I shared this the other day! Excellent ethos for everyone to adhere too 🙂

I didn't see it otherwise I wouldn't have duplicated 😊

Posted
15 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

I didn't see it otherwise I wouldn't have duplicated 😊

Not here so you wouldn’t have seen it. Just think it’s a wonderful piece of writing and very fluid in all aspects of life 

Posted
13 hours ago, Donnykinkster said:

One evening my mother made dinner after a hard day's work. She put a plate of eggs, salad and burnt toast in front of my father ...

I immediately noticed, the burnt toast .. And, I was waiting to see if he was going to complain about it, but my father started to eat them, smiling and asked me how I spent my day at school ...

My  ma apologized to my dad for the burnt toast. I will never forget his response to her: "Honey, I love burnt toast!"

Later when I went to bed and my dad came over say goodnight, I asked him if he really liked the burnt toast?

He hugged me and said, "Your mother has had a difficult day and she is really tired. She went out of her way to prepare this meal for us, why blame her and hurt her.
Burnt toast never hurt anyone; but words can be very ***ful! "

We have to know how to appreciate what others do for us, even if it's not perfect, because it's the intention to do well that counts, and no one is perfect.

Intention is everything.

You have no idea how timely that is for me.

Posted
11 hours ago, Donnykinkster said:

Yep and it's something I really need to take on board myself

Me too.

Posted
7 hours ago, Georgia591 said:

I have seen this video of the same thing in Facebook it’s so true

I think some things apply to many, including myself.