Vetting a dom or mentor

Alilkinke

Posted

How do you know if a Dom or separately a mentor has a good reputation?

Who do you ask?

How can i practice being a sub with out being one.

Alilkinke

Posted

It's often difficult to gauge reputation

if you go into the realms of community then you can often see who others turn to for advice, who can demonstrate the qualities you seek and being able to watch someone play you can see a lot more than "that looks hot" but in communication and respect and what they do.

You can often ask others you trust opinions on them, but this can sometimes be flawed in the sense of people who are friends with people who aren't quite as clean cut as implied, or those who have vendettas for no real reason.

But, when it's people in online - where there's no community involved - a lot of this can come from their knowledge and communication.  

Posted

For me I would say find your feet on whatever platform you are using And first and foremost Educate yourself

Understand what’s are the socially accepted norms
Understand the jargon and terminology

For here on this site ,I would say do what your doing
Read forums and ask questions

On site
Chat in the lobby
Attend online munches

Chat and get to know people without jumping straight into finding a mentor or dynamic

There lots of good lifestyle chats to be had in lobby

Get to know the natives and you’ll soon have a better grasp

Personally I would avoid the “mentors “ with the “InstaDom”approach ie someone who wants you to call them Sir within two messages , someone who wants nudes straight away and set you tasks without getting to know you and understanding what part of your journey you are at

Chat to other submissive and they will can offer lots of information and share knowledge
It’s not uncommon for subs to mentor another sub