Being a Mastet

tommy1966

Posted

I have always liked to be in control so want to be a master. I have just acquired a new Sub and have our first meeting in few days. How do I become a good master and know what it is I need to do? 

Posted

Keep exploring.

As to what you need to do, depends on what kind of Master you want to be.

Caring Dom? Sadist? Strict?

Is it a 24/7 dynamic? Have you discussed limits, safe Words?

Posted

Firstly. Does your sub know about your inexperience as that has to be an early point.

What is your expectations from this relationship?  What is theirs?

Posted

Explain your lack of knowledge and take it from there. All the other advicein this thread is good advice.

Posted (edited)

The most important thing is communication. Your sub ought not mind your inexperience so long as you are upfront, and can share this journey together.

Take every step you can to understand your sub's needs and wants; by doing so you will enrich the experience for both of you. That does not mean that you automatically play any scene according to their desires at the expense of your own, but it gives you the power to tailor specifics and better fathom what punishments and rewards will have what effect on them and why.

Don't feel it necessary to go too hard too quickly. Let your dynamic(s) build gradually in time. Think about and make any preparations for aftercare before you begin play, don't leave it until afterwards and then be caught short.

Above all relax, be reassuring, respect limits, and have fun. Enjoy!

Edited by Aranhis
Posted

Always be honest and up front. It might sound rather obvious but you could take some time to chat with other Doms. This site has many good Doms who I’m sure would be happy to help and give advice. Learn from their mistakes. Talk to a few to get an idea of different things as each has their own way of doing things and from that pool of information you can take what works for you and your sub (include them in all decisions)

Posted

For me, a good master is not universal e.g. what is good for one person, may not be good for someone else.

Being Good to your partner is recognise that your partner is an individual