Profiles, and reading

Posted
1 minute ago, Brittone2 said:
It was a opportunity to say hello ..I thought I'd sa y something ,Have to get back nice.stay safe everyone .

Say something nice,that was meant to say

Posted
This is awesome 😂

On the same subject, different forum, I had some dummy randomly message me “hi daddy”. Not a single profile or picture of mine depicts me as a daddy or even a switch.

That’s the kind of stupidity that just gets you an instant block lol
Posted
I guess even if I was a daddy type. Who the heck just messages a random stranger like that. To me, that using possessive terms calling someone mommy or daddy. if you don’t know them and they aren’t your mommy/daddy I don’t think it’s polite to address them as such to begin with 🤷‍♂️
Posted

All the lady's,  subs , and mistresses on her are first and foremost people , so until invited to use these titles why not just treat them as such .it doesn't take much to be polite first ....... I'm mean damn dudes . 

Posted
With the being called daddy side of things it appears to be becoming normal for the younger generation to use that term, I've had it elsewhere not just here
Posted

I won't even talk to someone without a profile and I won't repeat things that are in mine... I'll send them back to my profile for answers... While the questions might be annoying, it's a great indicator to me, of genuine interest and fuckboys.  Fuckboys don't bother to read anything. They don't care. They are playing the numbers game trying to score with anyone who replies. I don't only mean sex... it could be a sub offering service or a dom looking for a sub. Could mean a copy and paste message. It's a great way to filter for genuine interest because those people who do take the time to read it will at least try to engage me on a more personal level.

Idk if this is because when I was chatting with OP,  @FreeUrMind a few days ago saying that the very limited info in the profile doesn't prompt a lot of interest/questions from me. There was like 1 line about being a hedonist... Everything else I am seeing in the profile now is new - in the last week or 2. 

Of course some people don't care what you say you want or are looking for, but are those the people you want to engage with?  Maybe it is? For me it's not. Would rather they just skip me if I am being honest. Maybe I am one of the few who cares.  I guess it depends what you are looking for and open to... 

Posted
If I get a PM from someone that looks vaguely interesting (not "Hey" I got to the profile and read it. It doesn't matter how hot your pics are or whether you have all the right roles, if you don't have a well filled out profile I won't reply. I'm only interested in a mental connection and intelligence. Show me that, not a pick of your dick 🙄
Posted
1 hour ago, Lady_Char said:

If I get a PM from someone that looks vaguely interesting (not "Hey" I got to the profile and read it. It doesn't matter how hot your pics are or whether you have all the right roles, if you don't have a well filled out profile I won't reply. I'm only interested in a mental connection and intelligence. Show me that, not a pick of your dick 🙄

Amen to this @Lady_Char. I am forever frustrated at the number of profiles that don’t have any information about the person in them. Over the years, I’ve sent messages to lots of people along the lines of this:

“Hello [name]. There’s not much about you in your profile, so I don’t really have anything to go on for starters, but I’m a polite kind of guy and I thought I’d drop you a message to say ‘hello’. Have a read of my profile and if you think we might share anything in common, feel free to reply. Hope to hear from you soon.”

It’s actually surprising how many people I have then managed to get into long conversations with and have subsequently developed relationships with. These people are maybe a bit like those who stand around the edge of the dancefloor in a nightclub. They’ll never take the initiative to get up and dance, but are waiting for someone to go and get them and drag them onto the dancefloor. Sometimes, these people then relax, let go and dance wildly, like nobody is watching them! These are the people who don’t want to publicly broadcast things about themselves on a profile, but will give you much more information when you engage with them in conversation. Some people actually feel very awkward about committing to writing their fantasies, their desires, what they want, what they want to do and so on, but once in a conversation, they feel more able to do this. Is it a form of shyness? Maybe.

My profile is fairly detailed. I prefer it that way because I don’t get many messages from people, but when I do they’re obviously interested in what I am interested in. My being explicit about my likes and wants and needs ensures that I only get messages from people who are on the same wavelength as me. Well, that’s not strictly true. I do sometimes get messages from people thousands of miles away who clearly haven’t read my profile and are some form of ‘bot or else they’re just having a laugh!

The messages I get from real, genuine people tend to be worth following up on. I consider that putting a decent profile on this site is essential if you are serious about meeting up with someone of a like mind, but if all you want to do is chat in the chat rooms or on the forums, then it’s not so necessary. Personally, I’m a doer, not a talker. I want to be meeting real people and having physical interactions with people, not just talking, arguing, bickering or getting into pointless and unnecessary confrontations on this forum, which benefit nobody and just waste time that could be spent getting to know a potential playmate.

On the point of “hot pics”, who knows that these aren’t just scooped up off somewhere else on the Internet? That’s why I agree that having a decent profile helps to verify that the profile is from a real person, someone who actually exists, someone who is genuine about making connections, and isn’t just going to want some form of wank fodder from you.

It’s also my observation that those with extremely poor grammar and spelling tend to be the ones that get involved in petty squabbles, name-calling and pointless arguments on the forums. Members who are articulate and able to express themselves without having to resort to swearing and obscenities tend to be the ones that provide the most engaging interactions. My experience is that physical encounters with such people also tend to be the most rewarding. Those with a tendency to engage in childish squabbles on the forums don’t tend to have mature approaches to physical encounters either. I’ve previously made the mistake of meeting up with such people a couple of times and I won’t do it again.

So does that make me judgemental? Does that make me snobby? Does it mean that I’m being discriminatory? Well maybe I am a bit of all of those, but only in the interests of my own safety, standards and ultimately, my own pleasure. So I’m obviously selfish then? Well yes, I am selfish in the way that I go about choosing a playmate, but once that playmate has been chosen, I’m definitely not selfish. But it’s necessary selfishness that acts as a filter, because without that mental and / or emotional connection, without that spark of interest, it isn’t going to develop into any kind of physical interaction at all. 
So please, people, put a decent profile of yourself up, and actually READ the profiles of those that you send a message to! 😀

Posted

What's equally frustrating is when someone with no profiles says "Hi, I find you interesting, read my profile and let me know if there is interest".

Interest in what? The city you live in? Or maybe they think pics are enough? 

As pointed out - I don't know if those pics are actually the person I am chatting with... If they aren't fakes, I always assume they are not 100% accurate (older, when they were slimmer etc), so while pics are good, they are not enough to interest me. If you have nothing I can relate to, no commonalities, shared kinks, then no I am not interested

Posted
There are probably a lot of people here (like me) who are not fully comfortable divulging information no matter how minute it is due to personal lives. "Then why are you here" you ask? I am personally here to look around, maybe connect with some on a friendship level and to learn. I have been into kink for years but I am married to a vanilla man (30 years) and its on the rocks because I am struggling with hiding my kink. Im ready to let go and be who I am but there is so much to lose. My profile is scarce because I am in limbo.
Posted
21 hours ago, Depraven0209 said:

There are probably a lot of people here (like me) who are not fully comfortable divulging information no matter how minute it is due to personal lives. "Then why are you here" you ask? I am personally here to look around, maybe connect with some on a friendship level and to learn. I have been into kink for years but I am married to a vanilla man (30 years) and its on the rocks because I am struggling with hiding my kink. Im ready to let go and be who I am but there is so much to lose. My profile is scarce because I am in limbo.

I totally get you x

Posted
A good social profile can take time to get right to attract the right attention. I can respect people also need to protect there identity so will also be cautious with what they share as they aim for the right balance. Does everyone use there real date of birth on profiles as it's one of the most valuable bits of information a hacker can obtain so I tend to use rough dates out of habit. I also wouldn't validate a persons honesty by it if it is different in a more private discussion where a level of trust has been established. As for people not reading profiles its probably a mix of laziness and some people not wanting to show up in a persons viewer history.
  • 1 year later...
Posted
Maybe be more relaxed about the whole thing. Some people read the profile, many don't.
Expecting them all to read it, or for yourself to not get questions from people that you've already answered in the profile, over and over, is not a thing to have on your mind. Comes with the territory of being a Huish and living in a society.
Besides, if it bugs you that much, be grateful for this. If you care that much, whoever doesn't read your profile let's you know straight away that they aren't what you're looking for. You save time. You win either way.