Message Rating

Al****

Posted

I hope I am witing this in the right section.

I have tried to search the forum but I have found no answers, apart from messages refering to the message rating because they can´t send PMs to people because of this setting.

What is the message rating?

How does increase their rating?

Posted

if you are chatting with someone you can rate the quality of the messages

obviously if you are rude and intrustive someone will give you a low score - and if you are good to chat with, someone might rate you higher

(though - personally, I'm not sure about the benefit of it's function) 

Posted

Thank you!

Yes, not too sure about it either.  I suppose it can filter out unwanted conversations (rude members) however, it may also filter out people that you may have a lot in common with.

Either way, I am going to leave it unticked, you can always block people afterwards.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Posted

That leads on to another question.

What is a whisper?

Posted

whispers and message ratings are entirely different and unrelated things

a whisper is used in the chat to talk to someone directly. 

• 1 month later...
Posted
On 10/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

if you are chatting with someone you can rate the quality of the messages

obviously if you are rude and intrustive someone will give you a low score - and if you are good to chat with, someone might rate you higher

(though - personally, I'm not sure about the benefit of it's function) 

From experience, you reject someone, no matter how politely and you get a bad rating, or if you refuse to pander to someone's inane questions, send pictures etc, and the entitled mark you low and I believe you can only rate from desktop too..so as a mobile user I can't return the favour..I genuinely can't see how A/anyone finds the ratings systems site wide useful they're all so open to ***.

Posted

I will be honest there's a bunch of features exist on this site I often feel a bit... why...?

Such is life
I have no idea what my message rating is. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I will be honest there's a bunch of features exist on this site I often feel a bit... why...?

Such is life
I have no idea what my message rating is. 

I just looked at your profile..I use the mobile version of the site not the app or desktop..and I couldn't see your message rating..I guess that's another issue, at least 3 versions of the same site none of which seem to share all features so its hit and miss what you can access 🤷‍♀️