Fake accounts

Posted
Has anyone else had any problems with fake accounts here? My first interaction turned out to be a scammer - within 20 minutes of chatting, they began to insist we go to email communication, which I refused. Then Hangouts, which I stupidly accepted, then ended after a couple more messages. They insisted, despite my explaining that I was new here, and only felt safe and comfortable on Fet, that for anything to happen we had to chat on Hangouts. I mentioned safety and consent, and they ignored that completely, continuing to pressure me. Oh, and they forbade me from chatting to anyone else on here, which was the final red flag before I reported them.
They seemed so genuine at first, even describing their kinks in detail.

Fet have been absolutely amazing in the way they dealt with this, by the way! Thank you :)
Posted

Unfortunately there are often people who are not who they say they are.

Whilst the site has processes to help spot and remove them, there are those who like to move fast before they're spotted.

Always be wary of someone who is quick to try to take you off site because as well as trying to harvest contact information, they're doing so in order that they can continue to target you elsewhere, where controls are less tight, after we have removed them here.

Posted
There's shitloads of 'em. I get them all the time. If anyone wants to communicate outside of here almost immediately tell them to do one, then report and block them.
One good tip - if they have only opened an account in the last week, ignore it for a while to see if they pass verification.
Posted
After being on here a few days now, I have noticed the same.
But if you wait long enough, FET does seem to catch them.

Just be warey, and give no contact or financial information out until you know for sure.

I would suggest video chatting first, as this seems to help very folk are who they say they are.
Posted
Scammers abound and Hangouts seems to be their preferred mode of communication.
Posted
I figured that was their motive, or something similar... I've since done a lot of reading about scammers (specifically on BDSM apps), and feel a lot more prepared! Thank you so much.
Posted
I went through a lot of fakes, so I can distinguish them well. but the most important thing is not to give anyone a photo with a face or any important information about yourself, do not follow the links, never pay ***.
Posted
Same experience here. It would be good for Fet to perhaps change the way people are verified - only making the profile live once the person is properly vetted.
It seems to take too long for verification currently. This allows the scammer far too much time on the site.
Scammers are less likely to hang around, and less likely to keep setting up more and more fake profiles if they know they HAVE to be verified first.
Posted
Hang out emails or anything that normally not apple phones are scammers

Unfortunately there is more and more of them joining Fet and other link sites and app

Even moving off of Fet keep the conversation with that information and screen ahot form hangout or whatever you can still get them banned

I personally make it my mission to get them banned or to mess with them 😂😂😂
Posted
Admin are pretty hot on getting rid and just need reporting
Posted

Haha just recently had a message form a woman 3 years my junior  asking me to be her sugar baby, whilst the $3500 weekly allowance would’ve been amazing i thought best to report 😏. The mods do try their best alas the pesky lil blighters are persistant! Dont give out your personals, run at the mere mention of *** and dont let the asses get you down. There are a lot of decent peeps on here too 😊

Glasgowdom1991
Posted
Yeah there on here and it's a constant battle that the mods have
Posted
As soon as you see them report them.admin team are pretty quick on here
Posted
Sadly it's not just here - there will always be those out to prey on people on sites like this - the good news is if you have your guard up they're relatively easy to spot - anyone that contacts me out of the blue that I've not seen interact around the forums would immediately leave me wary unless their initial message and profile was particularly of interest and appeared genuine, and even then I'd still be on my guard.

Any immediate move to "sex chat" or take things off site would also be a flag.

Pics that appear too good to be true bear scrutiny and a reverse image search too.

Now none of those things automatically mean someone is a scammer or fake but are all things that would make me wary until I felt comfortable. Often just taking things slowly and telling them you want to get to know them first will see them disappear as quickly as they appeared.
Posted
I'd say 30% - 40% of accounts here are fake! They are l easy to spot now. You can tell who is fake as their motivation is normal *** orientated. Does my head in.
yourregularescape
Posted
Is it just me who takes pleasure is stringing them along and winding them up 🤷‍♀️
Posted
99.9% of messages I get are people who are looking for someone easy, So most end up in the bin. And if they show any signs of being a scammer they get reported. If you are new here it can be very off putting with all the pitfalls in this place. I've been here a few years now, so I've seen most things that people will try to pull.
Posted
31 minutes ago, Emericman said:

Yes,an asking deposit in transaction. Never I will do.Tgis site it for fetishes not for business,in my opinion

if anyone asks you for payment or deposit then unless they are clearly a Dominatrix (€ in profile) who you have contacted (i.e. you approached them for a paid service, not vice versa) then it's against the site rules, please hit report and end the conversation.

Don't try to trick or entrap people into asking for a deposit - but if you're talking to someone and it gets brought up, hit report, end conversation. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, FETMOD-KF said:

if anyone asks you for payment or deposit then unless they are clearly a Dominatrix (€ in profile) who you have contacted (i.e. you approached them for a paid service, not vice versa) then it's against the site rules, please hit report and end the conversation.

Don't try to trick or entrap people into asking for a deposit - but if you're talking to someone and it gets brought up, hit report, end conversation. 

I will no to pay,either

Posted
The advice on this thread is brilliant. Thanks so much, everyone! And admin were just amazing in my case, they were straight onto the scammer.