How to tell the Difference between REAL and FAKE accounts

Yu****

Posted
Anyone have any tips on how to spot fake bait accounts verses real people who genuinely want to Dom/date/ect?
Posted
You can see this at the top left of the account, there is a small letter F.
Posted

there's no silver bullets

There is also a whole world of difference between "someone who doesn't want to meet YOU" and a fake.

In saying this, stuff I would look for in a profile

If it reads almost too good to be true or too textbook, it's often been copied from elsewhere, run a bit through google - it doesn't mean the person is fake, but it's already not their words

People who are active in the chat or forums are real people.  

If someone messages you and is from hundreds/thousands of miles away from you but is conveniently moving to a city near you imminently, I'd have my suspicions. That said, a young lady I met the other week I met just before she moved hundreds of miles away ;) and I know she is genuine/real cos I met her.

fakes tend to try to get you off site pretty quickly - that is usually a big sign.  

Posted
There are many red flags - and agree with DKDK in that in general if it seems too good to be true it usually is.
At a more detailed level though - anyone (particularly women) that approaches you promising domination from the get go is someone to be suspicious of.
Anyone whose pics look just a bit too "stock" or too modelled - now this can be tricky as many genuine profiles have good pictures but some due diligence with reverse image sites can help.
Anyone who quickly wants you to move to another platform.
Anyone asking for fees of any kind (these should be reported as it's not allowed)
Anyone that just doesn't "feel" right - gut instinct is usually your best friend.
Very generic or limited profiles and pics can be a sign too.
There are others, but any of the above would set my spidey senses tingling - doesn't always mean they aren't genuine of course, but certainly they would have my guard up until convinced otherwise, which is rare.
Posted
What does "fake" mean? Every account is real, unless it's a bot.
Accounts with pics that are too good to be true are usually paid by the app itself to keep men on the app, or are here to make ***.
Related to your case specifically: on your profile you write to DM you and call you good boy and good puppy, and that's a mistake. Why would someone do that? Why would someone who doesn't know you, call you good boy out of the blue? You are practically asking either for sexting, or to be scammed. If you want to date, behave like someone who wants to date: treat people like people, and be treated like a person yourself. The kinks come after
Posted
I get accused of being “fake” when I reject someone’s advances. Funny, that. Anyone who invented a profile like mine to trap the unsuspecting would be kicked out of Scam School on the first day 😂
Posted
1 hour ago, NyxHypnoWitch said:
What does "fake" mean? Every account is real, unless it's a bot.
Accounts with pics that are too good to be true are usually paid by the app itself to keep men on the app, or are here to make ***.
Related to your case specifically: on your profile you write to DM you and call you good boy and good puppy, and that's a mistake. Why would someone do that? Why would someone who doesn't know you, call you good boy out of the blue? You are practically asking either for sexting, or to be scammed. If you want to date, behave like someone who wants to date: treat people like people, and be treated like a person yourself. The kinks come after

That's actually a very good point - many profiles practically invite attention from those out to scam in the way they are put together.
Can honestly say in a year of being here, and around 6 or 7 years of using sites like this I've not even come close to being scammed nor do I receive many approaches that arouse my suspicions, hadn't considered my profile might be part of the reason why.

Posted
If they try to make you added them on Instagram or Snapchat it’s a scam , they just trying to make you waste ***
Posted
When in doubt, Google Reverse Image Search is your friend.
Posted
2 hours ago, gemini_man said:

That's actually a very good point - many profiles practically invite attention from those out to scam in the way they are put together.
Can honestly say in a year of being here, and around 6 or 7 years of using sites like this I've not even come close to being scammed nor do I receive many approaches that arouse my suspicions, hadn't considered my profile might be part of the reason why.

"Nor do I receive many approaches that arouse my suspicions"???
That's because unlike the Duchess, I did go to scam school and I paid attention
I'm really a 52yr old trucker from Dundee.
Sucker!! 🤣🤣🤣

Posted
5 hours ago, Patrick_Nl said:
You can see this at the top left of the account, there is a small letter F.

😂🤙

Posted
What they said... Too good... No good! Want you to go to different platform... Be wary..
Alot of times they are rushing things, try to make things progress too quickly... They dont answer questions you ask, but keep asking you questions...
Biggest tell of all tho... Authenticity... Is what they say realistic... Does it feel off?
If you have to wonder... Its probably fake. Tellem how sad
You are you dont have anyone to share your inheritance with.. If only somebody cared enough to meet you at... Address of your father in law or a club with heavy cover charge... 😁
Posted
3 worded sentences are a big red flag.
Those are usually want you to subscribe to their onlyfans content or sell you pictures.
Also when someone "spanks" your here they are 80% scammers or time wasters.
Posted

by argument; someone who is trying to send you to their OnlyFans is real.  I mean, OF is a platform they have to verify with government issued ID - so you kinda know they *are* who they say they are

but they aren't going to meet

and it's not allowed here, so if someone does try to sell you stuff or take you to OF then end the convo and hit report 

Posted
I ask people to go to Snapchat. No phone numbers. If they can send me a photo with a gesture. And then a second photo with same outfit and background with different gesture then they are real. Fake accounts will refuse to verify. Real people interested in you will want to do it. Then after that an audio call to have a conversation with voice.
Posted
1 hour ago, CopperKnob said:

"Nor do I receive many approaches that arouse my suspicions"???
That's because unlike the Duchess, I did go to scam school and I paid attention
I'm really a 52yr old trucker from Dundee.
Sucker!! 🤣🤣🤣

If your name's Trevor and you wear a grease stained vest with egg spills down the front we met in a layby on the A1126 just last week....you probably remember me better as Gwendoline though

Now who's the sucker? Well actually technically that was me too but let's not split hairs 🤣😂

Posted
1 hour ago, adamB13 said:
3 worded sentences are a big red flag.
Those are usually want you to subscribe to their onlyfans content or sell you pictures.
Also when someone "spanks" your here they are 80% scammers or time wasters.

Fuck…well, I spank people a lot-

Posted
1 hour ago, doitforthe_lulz said:

I ask people to go to Snapchat. No phone numbers. If they can send me a photo with a gesture. And then a second photo with same outfit and background with different gesture then they are real. Fake accounts will refuse to verify. Real people interested in you will want to do it. Then after that an audio call to have a conversation with voice.

So first move - you try to take people off platform - red flag - how do they know YOU are real? Without having to go off platform?

Secondly, the technique you are asking people to do is the same thing scammers get people to do to get pictures they can use to verify elsewhere.   Nobody should do this.

Posted
2 hours ago, doitforthe_lulz said:

To add to what eyem has said, which I fully agree with, if someone asked me to jump through those kind of hoops to prove I was "real" I wouldn't do so, does that make me fake?
Funnily enough real people interested in me, and I them, don't seem to have a problem establishing I'm real without even having to ask me, nor me them - and that's because we spend time talking, forming a connection, trust and respect to the point we're as confident as we can be that we're "real".
It's really quite simple to filter out the would be scammers and fakes and all it takes is a little common sense and trusting your gut instincts.

Posted
3 hours ago, gemini_man said:

If your name's Trevor and you wear a grease stained vest with egg spills down the front we met in a layby on the A1126 just last week....you probably remember me better as Gwendoline though

Now who's the sucker? Well actually technically that was me too but let's not split hairs 🤣😂

Gwennie, it IS Trevor!! So glad that we met up in that layby! I can confirm Gemini_man AKA Gwennie IS a good sucker 🤣🤣

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So first move - you try to take people off platform - red flag - how do they know YOU are real? Without having to go off platform?

Secondly, the technique you are asking people to do is the same thing scammers get people to do to get pictures they can use to verify elsewhere.   Nobody should do this.

I hear you. But I was chatting with a girl on Feeld. We got on Snapchat. She sent a snap. And then a video snap. Two different girls. I called her. An audio recording of someone saying “hello can you hear me? Hello?” played. Then they claimed the connection was bad. I reported the account. Anyone interested and real passes verification. Show me a peace sign. Stick out your tongue. Give me a thumbs up with your left hand. Better yet let’s video chat.

Posted
15 minutes ago, doitforthe_lulz said:

I hear you. But I was chatting with a girl on Feeld. We got on Snapchat. She sent a snap. And then a video snap. Two different girls. I called her. An audio recording of someone saying “hello can you hear me? Hello?” played. Then they claimed the connection was bad. I reported the account. Anyone interested and real passes verification. Show me a peace sign. Stick out your tongue. Give me a thumbs up with your left hand. Better yet let’s video chat.

That's really the point of being able to go through the verification process on Fet though isn't it? To prove that we're people rather than a bot?

Posted
34 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

Gwennie, it IS Trevor!! So glad that we met up in that layby! I can confirm Gemini_man AKA Gwennie IS a good sucker 🤣🤣

Same time next week Trev? Though could you maybe make it curry stains this time? I'll put my hair in bunches like you asked so you have something to hold onto and make motorbike noises 😂🤣