How to tell the Difference between REAL and FAKE accounts

Yu****

Posted
3 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Same time next week Trev? Though could you maybe make it curry stains this time? I'll put my hair in bunches like you asked so you have something to hold onto and make motorbike noises 😂🤣

Uh, I can go one better and offer icecream stains 😂
And I thought that thing you did was called motorboating 🤷‍♀️

Posted
9 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

Uh, I can go one better and offer icecream stains 😂
And I thought that thing you did was called motorboating 🤷‍♀️

Split the difference? Curry ice cream? 🤣😂
Don't have the boobs for motorboating but with a wig motorbiking is eminently possible 😂🤣

Posted
Totally agree we need as many people on here to be reported if fake or spammers sick of them popping up 🤣
Posted
14 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Split the difference? Curry ice cream? 🤣😂
Don't have the boobs for motorboating but with a wig motorbiking is eminently possible 😂🤣

Well Gwennie, i don't it was suggested that Trev would be motorboating you 🤷‍♀️😂

Posted
When they start asking for *** right away. Always claim they have no job. Want you to pay for their bills because they think they graced you with their text. Yeah that’s one of the many I get myself. No way to tell them all but I’m blocking and reporting all the compensation ones.
Posted
I would say if they can’t answer a specific question
Posted
First and foremost they should be verified. If not don’t waste your time, they are not serious about who or what they are searching for.
Secondly REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH. Simple to do, and virtually eliminates any doubt about who you might be chattering with. I recently began utilizing RIS. Oh man had I only been smart enough to do so 3 years ago. I would still be thousands ahead.
Last point if doubt still remains request a video visit. Providing they pass RIS, if they have no desire to show there face to you on video. Politely move on still an ocean full of legitimate kinksters swimming in schools looking for that special lure you possess!
At any rate I hope these aid anyone who need to separate the dog fish from the top shelf delicacy. Good luck
Posted
4 hours ago, ALWAYZSUBMISSIVE said:
First and foremost they should be verified. If not don’t waste your time, they are not serious about who or what they are searching for.
Secondly REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH. Simple to do, and virtually eliminates any doubt about who you might be chattering with. I recently began utilizing RIS. Oh man had I only been smart enough to do so 3 years ago. I would still be thousands ahead.
Last point if doubt still remains request a video visit. Providing they pass RIS, if they have no desire to show there face to you on video. Politely move on still an ocean full of legitimate kinksters swimming in schools looking for that special lure you possess!
At any rate I hope these aid anyone who need to separate the dog fish from the top shelf delicacy. Good luck

Whilst Reverse Image Search is indeed an invaluable tool, it's important to know that just because a picture doesn't have a match out there doesn't mean it's genuine or owned by the person using it.
Reverse image search tools such as Google/Tineye etc are limited to publically accessible pages and even then there are limitations - for example I don't think I've ever got a hit from Facebook or Twitter despite reverse imaging my own pics that I know are on there.
Likewise just because a pic *does* get a hit doesn't 100% mean the other person isn't the owner - some people post their pics in multiple places.
So yeah they're a useful tool, but still need to be used with a level of common sense and intuition.

Posted
1 hour ago, gemini_man said:

Whilst Reverse Image Search is indeed an invaluable tool, it's important to know that just because a picture doesn't have a match out there doesn't mean it's genuine or owned by the person using it.
Reverse image search tools such as Google/Tineye etc are limited to publically accessible pages and even then there are limitations - for example I don't think I've ever got a hit from Facebook or Twitter despite reverse imaging my own pics that I know are on there.
Likewise just because a pic *does* get a hit doesn't 100% mean the other person isn't the owner - some people post their pics in multiple places.
So yeah they're a useful tool, but still need to be used with a level of common sense and intuition.

Yep, I post my pics, certainly the more vanilla ones on other socials which are locked down privacy wise due to work and clearly I have different usernames. I don't think any of us would be surprised at how much info the likes of FB shares or the fact that that site and others like SC link to various apps including WA particualary when i have location switched on on the phone for the SatNav when the one in the car has a hard time getting me around road closures. Whilst it may be a useful means for others vetting me, I really don't want 'clients' finding me online due to the risk of stalking/harassment which is a very real possibility given I have one of the most hated jobs thanks to the Govt. and media 🙄

Posted
Fake accounts tend to chat a lit and never meet..... ask for loads of photos.....avoid phone calls......which is why i go straight for a call after a few chats as it is harder to be fake on the phone and of course there is video call too.
Posted
•Look for a verification symbol
•ask to FaceTime
•fake accounts usually only have 1-2 photos
•fakes usually type with excessive emojis
•look for people within 50mi or less. Worldwide makes it easier for ppl to get away with scams and it makes it easier to catfish.
Posted
Friday at 02:54 AM, CoolDom69 said:
Fake accounts tend to chat a lit and never meet..... ask for loads of photos.....avoid phone calls......which is why i go straight for a call after a few chats as it is harder to be fake on the phone and of course there is video call too.

Some of us have issues talking on the phone for one reason or another. For instance I only answer my phone or make calls when I have to make a Dr appointment, or I am calling someone VERY close to me who knows to get the info I am trying to pass on, and let me get off the call.
So, in MOST cases this is a good litmus test, not always.

Posted
1 hour ago, locketheart said:

Some of us have issues talking on the phone for one reason or another. For instance I only answer my phone or make calls when I have to make a Dr appointment, or I am calling someone VERY close to me who knows to get the info I am trying to pass on, and let me get off the call.
So, in MOST cases this is a good litmus test, not always.

I see, so you are saying you would feel more comfortable meeting up with someone you have not been able to verify by phone ir video cakl? Surely that is more stressful than doing a call first?

Posted
I am saying, demanding pics and a call pretty early on, and there won't even be a CHANCE to get me to meet you. I don't add people to message apps until I start to feel somewhat comfortable with them, and using one of those I can record sound bites to send back an forth.
I am well aware my circumstances aren't the norm, but I am also aware I am not the only one with similar issues.
Your advice on how to spot fakes was too... "one size fits all." Quim?
Posted
5 hours ago, CoolDom69 said:

I see, so you are saying you would feel more comfortable meeting up with someone you have not been able to verify by phone ir video cakl? Surely that is more stressful than doing a call first?

There are other ways to "verify" people without the need to have video/phone calls - I've been using sites like this for over six years and have met numerous people, only once do I think we've spoken verbally beforehand.
Building a connection and chemistry, along with trust and respect over time and using a degree of gut instinct/due diligence is all that's been needed.

Posted

I guess also that everyone who pushes the other person for some form of verification is kinda admitting they can't tell the difference

Posted
Location, location, location. If you live in a major city, and someone asks you the crossroads of a business, or you can openly talk about a favorite restaurant, what’s nearby, etc, there’s a pretty good chance you live there, or have.
If you can’t answer basic questions about the city you claim to live in.. 🚩
We’re done talking.
Posted
So I guess it feels good to know that I’m not the only one dealing with this shit. I will admit that I am a little naive so I have a question. Why would someone try baiting me telling me that they want to be a sugar daddy? I don’t respond but I keep getting the same exact sentence from different users about that. There must be something that I’m not understanding here. How does a scammer benefit from offering me $? What if I were the hand out taking kind of gal? Where are they going with that scheme? Just curious.
Posted
How about this old saw…
“If something looks to good to be true, it probably is”?
I’m embarrassed to say I’ve spent hours responding to accounts that after 30- 50 texts hit me up for $ for rent, or a sick kid. Now I see it coming and just stop engaging.
Posted
You have filtered messages on maybe that’s half the problem? Not fake by the way…..

Posted
I’ve got an idea… How about FET set things up so we can accrue points for every fake account we vet? I’ve splashed about ten in the last week. Talk about getting stroked… without getting stroked!
Sheesh 🫤
Posted
13 hours ago, Hecks said:
I’ve got an idea… How about FET set things up so we can accrue points for every fake account we vet? I’ve splashed about ten in the last week. Talk about getting stroked… without getting stroked!
Sheesh 🫤

And what exactly would that achieve? In fact having such a system in place would probably lead to a whole heap of false accusations for various reasons, and not all of them done from a good place, and just muddy the waters further.
I get a "Thanks for pointing us at XXXXXX" notification whenever I report anyone, and that's enough to acknowledge my report, and to be honest I don't need or expect that even.

Posted

@Veda02 I wonder if they ask to deposit *** in your account, and that's the bit of critical information they use to hack it?

Posted

All fakes and scammers expose themselves fairly quickly if you exchange a few messages.

Simple enough to terminate the conversation.