Fake accounts

Posted

when you know someone is a scammer, then engaging at all both wastes your time and helps them.  They've already factored in dead ends into their time, so if anyone is providing them with info this helps them change techniques and prepare.

The other thing as well, it's like seeing someone in the street with a Joy Division t-shirt and asking them to name three songs or recite Ian Curtis' birthday, deathday and date of first gig - they might not be into Joy Division, might be, but, not know trivial facts or, simply, not really fancy a pop quiz to prove they're "legit".

Add in. There are folk who give locations that are slightly off.  So I was talking to someone (who is real, who I've met in real life, who I've played with) who is listed as Newcastle, but actually lives just outside of it so would probably fail said pop quiz.

Posted
I get (usually through a different site) a lot of young ladies who claim to be from Place X. Then you check & there are 15 'new users' from that same (rather obscure) place.
Posted
You mean like people asking for gift cards?
Posted
3 hours ago, XIXDustinXIX said:
You mean like people asking for gift cards?

Depends what you mean by "gift cards" - if it's the message that pops up when you try and message someone and suggests sending them a "gift" instead, then that's a site feature that happens when a user has filters set that prevent you from messaging and costs you nothing other than some site points, and is perfectly acceptable - acts as nothing more than a show of interest in messaging a user and leaves them the choice whether to message you in response to your "gift" and thus bypass their filters.
If you're talking about an actual store "gift card" like an Amazon voucher or similar that a user specifically asks for when you message them or has in their profile then yes that's effectively asking for payment and should be reported.

Posted

Nope, like I'll only f**k you/talk to you if you buy a gift card n send it to me

Posted
1 hour ago, XIXDustinXIX said:

Nope, like I'll only f**k you/talk to you if you buy a gift card n send it to me

In that case definitely wrong and you should also report the profile

Posted (edited)

I also use Feeld but it's inundated with catfish. A reverse image search on Yandex* usually uncovers them. As my father used to say, if it looks too good to be true...

Edited by FETMOD-TF
*External link removed
Posted
exactly why i dont have my picture on here.