For the Latex Fanatics...

TotalSwitcheroo

TotalSwitcheroo
Posted

I know sometimes latex garments separate at the seams from heavy play... So I need a good product that can glue them back together if something were to happen.

I've heard something about "vulcanizing rubber cement," but I'm not sure if there's a particular one that people use because most of them seem to be for tire/tyre repair! If anyone can recommend a particular product I would appreciate it!

[PS: if there are any other latex fetishists here, feel free to just say hello on the thread. I can't get enough of wearing rubber or seeing others wearing it 😍]

Posted

Hi, rubber cement glue from bicycle repair kits is what i use to repair my latex. Ive never had any issues from using it all. I had a big repair job on my latex catsuit and after a year it is still holding strong. Im not familiar with any shops in the US but for anyone in the UK I recommend the glue from halfords

TotalSwitcheroo
Posted
On 1/27/2022 at 6:32 AM, LatexRoss said:

Hi, rubber cement glue from bicycle repair kits is what i use to repair my latex. Ive never had any issues from using it all. I had a big repair job on my latex catsuit and after a year it is still holding strong. Im not familiar with any shops in the US but for anyone in the UK I recommend the glue from halfords

Well thank you Ross!

Yes, it would seem that any sort of tire repair glue, bicycle or automotive, is also good for latex outfits. in fact, my wife's catsuit had a seam separate (not an actual rip in the material thank god), so I found a particular rubber cement called "Western Weld" that promises to be "all purpose" and hold on strong.

Will let you know how it goes once it gets here!

Posted

Some cheaper latex garments are glued using a water based adhesive. Easier to use, but it doesn't hold up as well sometimes. I've used "rubber cement" from an auto parts store, to re-glue some seams. And it worked great. You need to lay something on it for weight, as it tends to curl the latex a little. Let it dry a couple hours with some weight on it, and it flattens out, and is a much stronger bond.