active vs passive

am****

Posted

Hi,

I'm trying to add some things I like and like to try to my profile and constantly see the "active" vs "passive"  options. Sadly for the most options I have no idea what it means like when it comes to exhibitionism, am I active for doing it and passive for observing? Or for deep throating does active or passive mean I want to *** on a dick? There's way more where I don't get what is what.

<3 Amelia

Posted
I personally would read it that "active" means things you have experience of and "passive" to mean the opposite but something you might be interested in experiencing with the right person - but that is just my personal take on it and agree it is open to interpretation
Posted (edited)

In German people use "aktiv" as top and "passiv" as bottom so I assumed those to be the case. Like, if I am interested in passive deep throat I'd be the person choking on the dick while an active deep throat person would pat my head.

Bonus: "I like to wear it" deep throat people could be when two other people do it you lie below it and get all the goop. :crazy:

Edited by ameliamorp
Posted
Ive always thought active means to do something, passive to receive.
Well i hope so cus if not my profile is completely wrong 😂😂
Posted

I think you point out something that is made 'confusing' by the bad / limited choice of 'words /meaning' available to you (the user)

I think my answer is active to the issue where previously I have been passive about it.

Hope that is clear!!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, callipygian said:

I think you point out something that is made 'confusing' by the bad / limited choice of 'words /meaning' available to you (the user)

I think my answer is active to the issue where previously I have been passive about it.

Hope that is clear!!

I actually don't understand :( like, if I have "Anal Sex (Passive)" on my profile, what would people think I mean by that? My assumption was that it means "I like receiving it" while "Anal Sex (Active) would be "I like giving it".

Edited by ameliamorp
Posted
3 minutes ago, ameliamorp said:

I actually don't understand :( like, if I have "Anal Sex (Passive)" on my profile, what would people think I mean by that? My assumption was that I like receiving it.

I agree and think it is misleading and ambiguous....  

Posted
10 hours ago, ameliamorp said:

In German people use "aktiv" as top and "passiv" as bottom so I assumed those to be the case. Like, if I am interested in passive deep throat I'd be the person choking on the dick while an active deep throat person would pat my head.

Bonus: "I like to wear it" deep throat people could be when two other people do it you lie below it and get all the goop.

You might have hit on something there - given that I believe the site is German owned it's possibly a literal translation from the German meaning if that is how the two words are used there.

Posted

I always use it to mean that active is the D and passive is the bottom/submissive, so active interest in caning is being the one doing the hitting, passive interest is being the one with bum in the air receiving the sweet ***, same with cocksucking I'm the passive cos its in my mouth he's the active even if my mouth is doing all the work, of course this assumes a constant dynamic if u swap roles then it doesn't really apply

Posted
On this site there are options for enjoy doing and want to try. To my way of thinking that distinguishes between active as in actively enjoys and passive meaning wants to try.