No means No (even when said politely)

BigPolly

Posted
14 hours ago, Jed said:

I think the more we post the more we can hope to educate the newer members and just add a sprinkling of etiquette on a daily basis....who knows we may just make a difference...🤞🤞🤞🤞

I’m not sure, both myself & @MissMermaid have encountered much of the same already regardless of this post 😂

nondescriptcouple
Posted
17 minutes ago, BigPolly said:

I’m not sure, both myself & @MissMermaid have encountered much of the same already regardless of this post 😂

I hate to be the naysayer but sadly, in 12 years of being on various kink sites, I haven't seen these posts make any change. Basically the people you want to change won't read them, so the advice won't get to them. The people who do these types of messages usually are new to the site, have no experience of the scene, have not been to a munch or an event and not yet made any friends. They have a profile and are horny, that is it.

Unless sites made it harder for people to make profiles or made them go through some sort of orientation before their profile went active, I doubt anything will change. Of course neither of those things are in the best interests of the site, as they want as many punters as possible, so they will never happen. I have heard some subscription sites are better, mainly because they weed out the ones looking for quick thrills because they won't pay to join, but sadly I have also heard there is a problem with people feeling entitled, because they have paid for subscription, that they are owed something by other members.

Sadly it's crap either way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Posted

I agree in the sense that the people who really need to read and learn don't appear to.

But, every good new person got their info from somewhere.

I think posts/info are good, not for those who've strayed off the path (who won't read them) but for those who are looking to find feet.

nondescriptcouple
Posted
3 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think posts/info are good, not for those who've strayed off the path (who won't read them) but for those who are looking to find feet.

I agree, I apologise if it looked like I was saying we shouldn't raise these issues, it was more those new that join and want to learn will pick up about consent, trust, manners etc, sadly they are usually not the ones this post was originally about.

Posted
Rejection for some is a fetish, but also some like to be insulted and ***d verbally by a woman! So maybe you give them too much attention when you should hit the red button.
Posted
2 hours ago, FabSeverus said:

Rejection for some is a fetish, but also some like to be insulted and ***d verbally by a woman! So maybe you give them too much attention when you should hit the red button.

this is something also to consider.  Anything after they become a timewaster is giving them the attention.  If they're still coming back, kick 'em to the kerb. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Tease84 said:

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Jed, you call it "disrupting a topic", I call it enlivening a topic.

You would criticise Van Gogh for his impasto technique and prefer the debate to be constricted to a limited and dull palette ?

Given what iv read and the comments of here from other members the only "dull palette" on here is you, but hey were all entitled to an opinion and the basis of this forum is just that...but lest not forget, along with that goes a certain amount of etiquette which you seem to feel the need to disregard.

Your obviously educated, and have an extensive vocabulary, just a shame you never learnt any manners, but like all true keyboard warriors, the mask you wear will slip and expose the nature of you underlying inability to converse in a way that's conjusive with the topic as a whole.

Be well and just remember, your *stock* nose dived with your behaviour on here!!!!!