BDSM Classes ! Are they worth it?

Posted
I have been seeing a lot of advertisements for BDSM training classes or how to classes for BDSM. Has anyone ever taken some type of class like this? Did you like it/dislike it? I would really love some feedback as I am thinking about maybe taking an online class or finding a place near me that has them. Any advice or feed back would be great thank you !
Posted
I've been taking shibari classes. And at $5/person that was definitely worth it. So far as bdsm with the emphasis on D/s relationships, you're better off attending local free forums and demos.
Posted
They can really give you a lot of great information on submissive and dominant safety as well as ideas for new rules, punishments, and rewards. As long as they have good ratings, I'd say it's 100% worth it!
Lord_Talion
Posted
Been to a few, some are ok while others are crap
Posted
Much as other have said it depends on the class. I know a good frined of mine used to run some, and he spent a lot of time putting it together, not wanting it to be just about techniques for spenking etc, but also go into safety, things to discuss with your partner, ideas, kink checklists, things to be mindful of etc. He was already very experienced, and well regarded, on the scene and also had long discussions about what to include. So my advce would be similar to other people, look into what they offer, look at any reviews, or even better get a recommendation from someone that has been.
Posted

one of the advantages about in person workshops is it's much easier for people to call it out if the person is giving bad advice; not as easy to spot online as it's not a group

some things are better than others but if someone is running something with multiple workshops it tends to work better, one talk/demo/thing might be meh but another the same day better

Posted
That really depends on the instructor and the classes. Take for example Twisted Monk. His classes are great. So basically it really depends on who and what the material is.
Posted
I had in-person training when I was a Domme, mainly around the techniques & safety aspects of impact play which I found useful.
Posted
Classes are great, in-person better than online but everyone has to start somewhere. Learning how to do things safely is very important. Not to mention it helps make you feel part of the community.
Posted
For the technical aspect of things, look out for some peer groups in your area, that's probably the best start. Or local munched to get to know people.