The scene in South Wales (UK)

Posted

Me and my other half have our own list of BDSM interests and have been been doing our own thing for several years now. We are looking to get to know and meet some people in our area (including a sensable amount of travel if need be) but all we seem to find in the south wales area is a very closed of group of people who don't appear to be interested in new comers, drink clubs who meet up to talk about kink and lots of dead forums and personal accounts. Is this normal elsewhere? For locals does this accurately describe the situation and if not where should I be looking and who should I be talking to?

Posted

I'm not from there - but I seem to remember someone was recently and so I slung up a bunch of meets - which are similar to what you describe "drink clubs who meet up to talk about kink"

these are common around the country and are what's often referred to as munches.

And, of course - that in turn is one of the best ways to get to know new people.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for replying. Yeah thought my wording might catch me out there, other than a single group that met in a coffee shop (much more and my partners style) I got the opinion they where more about getting hammered than anything else. Again if this is wrong it'd useful to know as we have nothing against pubs per say  but we aren't big drinkers and get bored quickly when people start getting drunk.

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

while it's not uncommon to have a few drinks - certainly up here people rarely get drunk and there's plenty who just stick with soft drinks.   Usually, those who get a bit drunk and be idiots are frowned upon a bit (among anything else - more risk of outing the group to the entire pub) so if something is a long since established event, there's usually a lower risk.

Posted

Thanks, I will have another look around bearing this in mind

Posted

sweet.

and if you do go and find one isn't for you, then have faith there'll be another one more likely that is. 

Bristol I believe is pretty good for stuff IIRC.

Posted

yeah we've found something at D2 in bristol that we are planning on attend soon as it happenes