Tips for Cyber Safety

Posted
Kinda getting weird messages/hints that I'm being spied on. I could use any tips or information to stay safe and play.
Posted
I’d try to make up a story that only you would know that isn’t real. Wait and see if it surfaces.
Posted
Be careful with what you share about yourself online is an obvious piece of advice and watch out for signs that someone is constantly checking your account and if someone is I'd recommend blocking them
Posted

seperate email address for fetish websites to socials

be cautious on giving out personal email or phone number quickly

ideally do not use vanilla photos on fetish sites and vice versa 

Posted

Spied on via your computer/phone (I assume), rather than in real life?

The advice i would give would be dependent on the answer to.

What are the clues that lead you to believe that you are?

Posted
Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would not take any concerns over your safety lightly.
If you feel like you may be being watched/followed, I would honestly alert the police.

Don't wait for it to be too late.
Posted
The best tip I can give for cyber safety , go offline 😂
Posted
Use different usernames and emails for your kink related accounts. Don't give away any information that could lead to you being identified, such as your first and last names. Don't give away your birthdate, or even the year if you can avoid it. Don't share any pictures that can help place you in a location, like a door number or any identifiable landmarks near to where you live. Keep things like license plates out of pictures. Don't give away your phone number. If you want to use a social app, use one that let's you register without a phone number (and use a new email address to register), and never allow it to access your location.
Posted
If you choose to chat with someone on a chat app use something like kik or snapchat with a different username from your Vanilla life.. never give out your phone number. Good luck...
Posted
Has a few have already suggested, the question is a little open ended and depends on why you think you are being spied on.
Assuming it's online then depending on the hints you're referring to would depend on the steps to take but there are some basic steps everyone can take like reviewing privacy settings in social media apps and having a firewall on your home router.
Good luck
Posted
Also try not to mention what you do for work or your place of work.

Another tip is to not use the same pictures on kink sites or apps as you have posted on Facebook or any other site. Reverse image searching is a thing nowadays.
Posted
Don't worry it's probably the company behind your anti-virus software advertising a service that frankly nobody really needs anymore. At the end of the day, if you are worried take the PC, laptop or device to an IT professional they will help you.
Posted
I might be able to help you counter your spy/stalker problem. I've had an issue where some creep was keeping track of me in public and I kept noticing him always nearby where ever I went or turning away when I'd glance over.
If you need advice or strategies, I am happy to assist you.
Posted
First scan your devices with a decent anti virus/malware. Go through your phone and set the privacy settings and make sure there is no geo tagging on your photos. I would also use a vpn even if it's a free one it will give you am extra layer of security. Also make sure updates are done and passwords are strong but that's pretty standard
Posted
*#21# dial that and see if someone’s hacked your phone first
Posted
Cover cameras from your electronic devices with sticky notes or something similar. Safety is essential. If it persists, don’t keep it to yourself. Law en***ment or someone you trust to check your devices.
Posted
Where do you think you are being spied on? If it's email like Gmail you can check the ips and locations of where has accessed your email. That and it wouldn't be a bad idea to change your passwords.
Posted
Use a throwaway email, change DOB, don’t exchange phone numbers that you have attached to other accounts, private your other socials. Or at least the ones you have more personal info on… honestly, you can never be 100% safe online. You’d have to go completely dark for that lol.
Posted
Awesome tips everyone! I feel validated that I'm doing some of these right and encouraged to do better!! THANK YOU!!!
DarkArts1066
Posted
A lot of people use WhatsApp on dating- and fetish sites for communication once some form of interest has been established.

DON’T.

There are other comms platforms, like Kik or Snapchat, which employ a username - but don’t show your number. This is intrinsically safer.

‘Telegram’ allows only your contacts to see your number - but obviously once you chat with someone on there and add them - they become a contact.

Proxy emails and a separate (burner) phone with a PAYG sim for kink contacts is the way forward. Don’t share any contact - or social media details across your vanilla and kink lives… that is a recipe for disaster.
Set your location services to “off” for the app that you use.

I have had people track my location through this app, because I set my search parameters to allow the app to use my current location when I was on the move - and forgot to change it back.

Stalkers use pattern recognition to home in on your regular movements, and can identify you through doing this.

The “hints” that you are being spied on - if they are coming from a third party contact, may be false flags to get you to confide in the person giving you the information.

Try to establish why they believe you are being spied on.. and start a diary of events.
Sounds like a stupid waste of time, but you may need that in the future as evidence.
Posted
Vpn, no face/tattoos/identifiable parts of ur body, throw away email, apps without a phone number, read the privacy policies.. I keep getting hints too.. and i use a VPN and don't give out my location, I turned privacy settings completely off and changed passwords and deleted accounts to make new ones and I SWEARRR I was hacked but had no proof.. factory reset ur phone or network settings and make a new account and start fresh.
Posted
Best way to stay safe and secure is to go anonymous. When there's a data breach you'll know which site was breached and its not an issue when you get messages with that info. VPNs are largely pointless unless your on public or untrusted networks even then there's only 2 providers which are genuinely private.
Tbh most people think they're being spyed on but it's rarely ever the case (that's why VPNs are over sold) if you are worried though don't mess around, contact the police.
Posted
So here’s the thing if you get off here to chat nothing is secure really. Meta (Facebook) owns a bunch of the sites like Whatsup, instagram etc so if you don’t want them to spy you can’t chat there because it’s easy to find the related accounts. Snapchat is still independent for now just make sure your settings only allow calls through the app & doesn’t show number. The biggest mistake people make is using the same or similar username on multiple platforms or apps so they can remember it but that just makes it easy to find you. Signal is a good app to use for chatting it uses end to end encryption so no one not even the app can read what your sending.
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted

Make sure that location service is turned off when taking photos. Otherwise, you may end up storing your location in the image file.  Most major social networks strip that data out now, not sure about fetish.com -but better to be safe than sorry.