How to know the difference between a true Dom and a fake dom

Yu****

Posted
21 minutes ago, cagedheart said:

What are you talking about, I never said anything was meaningless i said there is no way of telling. Considering the word is open to variables of fakeness. Consider your pure sexual driven dom only ( bedroom play ) or those profiteering using a dominant role, would you class those as " fake " yet the community considers those to be true doms. To many variables to balance and to many already contredict a susscessful way to say someone is a fake or true dom.

We have different sub-definitions of Dom that people often use to clarify the type they see themselves as.

There may be different ways of being fake, but fake is fake regardless of what form it takes. 

BruiseWayne
Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, cagedheart said:

What are you talking about, I never said anything was meaningless i said there is no way of telling. Considering the word is open to variables of fakeness. Consider your pure sexual driven dom only ( bedroom play ) or those profiteering using a dominant role, would you class those as " fake " yet the community considers those to be true doms. To many variables to balance and to many already contredict a susscessful way to say someone is a fake or true dom.

IDK why you're haggling over this... Obviously there are people out there who use the guise of a being a dominant individual so that they can *** and manipulate other people or scam them out of $$$ and those are the people that OP should steer clear of. I think it's pretty safe to say those people are fake without much of an argument. :P

Pretty simple really.

Edited by BruiseWayne
Posted
31 minutes ago, Lockfairy said:

We have different sub-definitions of Dom that people often use to clarify the type they see themselves as.

There may be different ways of being fake, but fake is fake regardless of what form it takes. 

My point exactly

Hence my reasoning in applying a fake person apposed to dom related.👍

Posted
28 minutes ago, BruiseWayne said:

IDK why you're haggling over this... Obviously there are people out there who use the guise of a being a dominant individual so that they can *** and manipulate other people or scam them out of $$$ and those are the people that OP should steer clear of. I think it's pretty safe to say those people are fake without much of an argument.

Pretty simple really.

Many dominants online especially are believed to be fake however it's often not fakeness but lack of skill or education. The question I answered asked how to tell, there isn't a true 100% way to know whether their dominant claim is credible but there is 100% ways to tell if they are just a fake person, scammer or fantasist. The person who replied thought I was saying the term we have created for our natures was useless which wasn't the meaning of my response to initial said question asked.👍

BruiseWayne
Posted
4 minutes ago, cagedheart said:

Many dominants online especially are believed to be fake however it's often not fakeness but lack of skill or education. The question I answered asked how to tell, there isn't a true 100% way to know whether their dominant claim is credible but there is 100% ways to tell if they are just a fake person, scammer or fantasist. The person who replied thought I was saying the term we have created for our natures was useless which wasn't the meaning of my response to initial said question asked.

Some 'Dommes' will call out subs as being 'fake' if they don't immediately give them tribute too. Not every outlier of an opinion needs to be taken into consideration or respected, especially if it's one as ridiculous as that, or thinking that someone who genuinely tries and fails in some well meaning way is 'fake' either.

Sometimes it's hard to tell too though, sure. Honestly I think all we're really doing is muddying the waters here though. Might be more helpful if we just give the OP some types to stay away from, no?

Posted
12 hours ago, BruiseWayne said:

Hey if it makes you feel any better I'm a Dom and one time this girl tried to tell me I needed to buy a 'Dom license', so it's not just you subs that they try and scam too, lol. :joy:

Haha careful, you start play sessions without a license and you'll have a sexy cop tapping on your window asking if you've got a "Louicense" for that mate.... 

You Don't want to be naughty and end up nicked. :joy:

I'm joking of course, there's no such this as a license to my knowledge, but You can't be playing without Sub Insurance!

Yes, You dear Dom wouldn't want to be considered an irresponsible Dom now?
Of course not!

But for just 13.99 DomDollars per month you can get your Sub insured with our very premium GoldenGimpPackage:copyright: for a limited time only!!!

It's an all inclusive package that covers everything from excessive spanking to bondage bruises, just post your Sub to one of our many Aftercare facilities around the UK and they'll be shipped back to you first class, fresh as a virgin, after just 2-5 working days of treatment!

You're Sub will receive only the kindest of treatments from the finest of Spa facilities, from Sweet Scented Slave Saunas to Herbal Healing Mark Removing Masochist Massages, the ability to frolic in the Gimp Gardens and facilities suitable for all LittleSpace Ages. Our Aftercare facilities have it all!

No longer will you have to worry if your sub can really handle what they ask for with the support of CareGasm Inc up your back!

Order Today and receive a FREE pair of complimentary fluffy handcuffs with your welcome package!

(I'm not actually selling anything, Don't Ban Me! :P)

[...Though a BDSM themed Aftercare Spa does sound like there would be a market for it, a lifesaver for busy Doms and eager Subs alike...Sounds like a business idea. :smiling_imp: :joy:]

Posted
23 hours ago, BruiseWayne said:

Some 'Dommes' will call out subs as being 'fake' if they don't immediately give them tribute too. Not every outlier of an opinion needs to be taken into consideration or respected, especially if it's one as ridiculous as that, or thinking that someone who genuinely tries and fails in some well meaning way is 'fake' either.

Sometimes it's hard to tell too though, sure. Honestly I think all we're really doing is muddying the waters here though. Might be more helpful if we just give the OP some types to stay away from, no?

Yes I agree I guess it did cloud things. Can't harm on giving tips can it. Where do I start 😂😂

Sorry for the late reply it was missed

Posted
11 hours ago, AugustusGB said:

Haha careful, you start play sessions without a license and you'll have a sexy cop tapping on your window asking if you've got a "Louicense" for that mate.... 

You Don't want to be naughty and end up nicked. :joy:

LOL, they'll never take me alive! :)

Posted
They respect boundaries, discuss boundaries/limits, encourage safe words and the traffic light system, aftercare is present after a scene/session and understand that all of the above is a 2 way street too.