Deleted members...

Posted (edited)

....I had a couple people who I thought would be interested in talking to me delete their accounts. Can someone explain this? I don't think they were bots/scammers.  I think for some reason they left this site only after a day or two.

Can someone explain why people leave right away? 

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

You would not believe the messages that some women get here. We men bemoan the lack of interaction, the ladies are inundated. Mostly good stuff, but also dick pics, ridiculous demands and many other forms of toxicity. If they're merely curious, it hounds them away. Others luck out quickly, decide they're happy with the connection and walk off with their chosen one if that's all they needed. 
If you were courteous and polite, it's definitely not on you.

Posted
4 minutes ago, SpookyLove83 said:
They probably got curious, made an account, got scared and then deleted it. It happens to me 🙃

Dm spooky I have important question

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sir0101 said:

I keep trying to send a verification photo it in the app seems to not be working correctly

It can take a while for the photo to be approved. However if it's just not uploading for whatever reason, just persevere. It does work, loads of green ticks here, the status you'll get on your profile pic once validated. 

Posted
Happens all the time...not just you.. happens to everyone.
Posted

They're overwhelmed. Since the site has grown so much over the past couple of years (especially with the launch of the app) for many new women their inboxes are - literally - full to capacity within only a few hours of joining the site. By this point they haven't even had chance to fill in their profile properly (if at all), don't often have photos yet approved (again, if they've even gotten around to submitting any), and certainly haven't had chance to have a good look around and get a feel for the site/community. It would faze most people, regardless of the content of the messages (which is a whole different discussion).

Posted

Could be loads of different reasons, I check through my inbox and see loads of deleted profiles from men who've messaged. I think nothing of it.

Posted

You get people come on out of curiosity, think nah it' snot for them and out or just not what they thought it would be.

Then you get new people who come in and get totally inundated with inappropriate and offensive messages.

Some will join then get cold feet thinking they might get recognised or if it's an profile that's been on a wee while they might just get sick of the "fights, gang mentality" etc on the forums, that do break out on too many occasions then say sod it and move on to other places.

Then you will have the accounts deleted for "going against the site rules and standards".  Seen that a few times.

TBH if you see "deleted member" don't let it get to you.  It seems harsh at first if you have been in a conversation, but this is the tinternet and people instead of saying no thanks will just delete a profile for most of the above reasons.

Posted
99% of them are scammers. Especially the foreign scammers who seem so friendly (while they gather personal information about you) for any number of “romance scams”.
Posted

Scammers usually have a line through their username to show they're removed from the site, rather than someone who has deleted their own profile who shows as 'deleted profile'

Posted
On 10/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

Scammers usually have a line through their username to show they're removed from the site, rather than someone who has deleted their own profile who shows as 'deleted profile'

TBH it seems like the people interested in regular dating get off here within a few days. Only the die hard fetish seekers stick around heh.

Posted
On 10/8/2022 at 5:30 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

Oooo I didn't realise that I've loads like that in my inbox. Thanks for info

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

As usual there is an entirely female focused sentiment in many of the response posts. Yes females delete their accounts but many men do also.

I don't see how this can be assumed and pinned to any one single reason. Some of the rhetoric, agendas and general garbage visible on the forum section of the site puts many off. However this is again just one particular reason for deleted accounts.

Posted

I'm here 2 days. 

The lobby in the chat area is rather unfriendly and clickish.

I am considering moving on because I love to chat. 

The forums are much nicer,

Hope I answered you. 

• 1 month later...
Posted
October 6, SpookyLove83 said:
They probably got curious, made an account, got scared and then deleted it. It happens to me 🙃

Best answer ⬆️