Preferred method of restraint to use on a sub?

Posted

I’m a sub pretty new to the scene but love bondage and honestly anything involving restraint or restricted movement, curious to hear from Subs and doms!

Posted
I am very fond of belts and straps. Swift to apply, aesthetically-pleasing , pretty flexible, cheap and very restricting.
Posted
Mine are chains and leather cuffs, either together or by themselves. Both feel and look amazing
Posted
I have a set of custom fleece lockable boots and mittens that my doms like to use on me. They have D rings, and can easily be attached to stuff like spreader bars, or braces.
Posted
Depends on the intent behind it. For quick restraint for impact play and the like cuffs, under bed restraint system etc. For more prolonged sessions to keep someone restrained and feeling *** ropes. For pure mind fuckery… hypnotic bondage.
Posted
I love rope. A rigger friend described it as "tying subs up in tidy little packages" and I love that. Rope is artistic but also makes you feel held, and has more possibilities than cuffs etc. If it's not rope, I like leather.
Posted
1 minute ago, Sire_Osiris said:
As a Dom I practice techniques under mental Domination.
I can tell my sub to not move, and voila, she lays completely still.

Sometimes it's not about making us stay still, but helping us. Bound, I can handle over stim and go to new places.

Posted

I would love to get started with shibari, but for now, cuffs, collars and leads are what I know (and leather is the preferred material in that category).

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cupio said:

I would love to get started with shibari, but for now, cuffs, collars and leads are what I know (and leather is the preferred material in that category).

TheDuchy website and Rorys brainworks on YouTube are great starting points for Shibari.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Lady_Char said:

TheDuchy website and Rorys brainworks on YouTube are great starting points for Shibari.

Thanks. I'll definitely be looking into those. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Cupio said:

There's also The two knotty boys, they have some great videos (although YouTube have suspended some of their stuff, but they have their own website) and have a couple of really good books.

Posted
My main restraint go to is gaffer/duct tape. It’s fast, effective and easy to apply….. it’s also very satisfying to remove!😈
Posted
I’m glad no one has suggested zip ties too (50 shades has a lot to answer for). Zip/cable ties can be dangerous because they can tighten but not loosen, to the extent they can dig in and cut off *** flow, and can end up very difficult to remove even with a blade without potentially causing more harm. Just a fyi.
Posted

depends on who I am playing with, their experience etc

New or Newish to the scene standard leather wrist cuffs with quick release fastenings.  I always insist on the quick release when starting off with someone new or them new to the scene.

LTR or those more experience and me knowing them more and them me I will eventually get my rigid metal wrist and ankle binders out.  But these only come out after a long time and trust is built up between both.

I personally love the fetters metal rigid restraints.

People have to learn and understand that you may at one point need to get someone out of a situation very quick  and safely.

Posted
Switchy Dom here. As a shibari freak, I of course prefer rope 😋 naturally lol
Posted

Heavy steel wrist cuffs,ankle shackles and neck collar.Love to be ***d to work outdoors all day in chains.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

fiberglass casting material restricting enough movement for the planned activities.  If we are staying home for the weekend it could be a full body cast.  If we need to go out, then maybe as simple as two long arm casts and a neck brace. Or anything in between.