Vasectomy question

YorkshireBiker

YorkshireBiker
Posted

After 20+ years on the contraceptive pill and a potential bone density issue being worsened, we’ve decided it’s time for me to get a vasectomy and her to come off the pill.

I got my appointment today and it’s booked in for 30 June, however, we’re going on a family holiday on 6 August and that means i need to drive into France, then over to Netherlands so I’m looking at a 600 mile drive 4 weeks after the op.

We’ve not been on holiday for 4 years so there’s a bit of a concern that there’s not much time between the op and the holiday to recover, especially if there’s any complications, and this ,Ishtar jeopardise the holiday.

I’m just after some opinions from people who’ve been through this already on healing and recovery times, I know we’re all different and I am leaning towards rescheduling, but some other experiences might help me decide.  

Posted
Hey, I was back to pretty much normal 1 week after! 2-3 weeks later and I was back to 100% I've know a guy to recover in 24hrs and get back on a bike, if you have the option for the puncture procedure then go for that, I had stitches and I think this is why it took longer to heal, best of luck!
Posted
When I got mine a few years ago I had to take a week off of work because I did physical labor, but otherwise I was fine.
Posted
Outpatient cauterized works very well. You walk out and ice and meds for a day. Have briefs that help support if you are sitting a lot. Urologist should give you proper instructions. 1 week should be good for 95% of patients.
Posted
you don’t have to worry about anything I Gotter done a day and a half little bit uncomfortableness but you’ll be OK. Just try to take it easy the day off but after that you’re laughing youll to be able to walk within three days and you will never even know what happened.
Posted
No problem. Four weeks out you’ll be fine…more than fine. And congratulations
Posted
Even with some minor complications mine only took two weeks to heal. I wouldn't worry about the travel at all honestly. The swelling will be gone after a day or two and everything else should be taken care of after a week or two so you should be plenty fine.
Posted
What people don’t realize is that when getting vasectomy you are open to ms ( multiple sclerosis), you’re cum is clear it does not have the same texture! To you it’s no big deal but to a cum lover it’s a big deal! I’m just saying weigh all your options before doing it!
Posted
If you have your appointment to discuss it today I'd raise your concerns with the Doc and take guidance from that.
Though from the responses so far it appears you should be fine, there's always the possibility of potential complications to consider which the Doc should be able to advise you on.
Ultimately though would it make a difference to defer "just in case"? If so then I'd be leaning that way.
Posted
Just now, gemini_man said:
If you have your appointment to discuss it today I'd raise your concerns with the Doc and take guidance from that.
Though from the responses so far it appears you should be fine, there's always the possibility of potential complications to consider which the Doc should be able to advise you on.
Ultimately though would it make a difference to defer "just in case"? If so then I'd be leaning that way.

If not, not if so!!

Posted
8 hours ago, Real5819 said:
What people don’t realize is that when getting vasectomy you are open to ms ( multiple sclerosis), you’re cum is clear it does not have the same texture! To you it’s no big deal but to a cum lover it’s a big deal! I’m just saying weigh all your options before doing it!

There is no published white paper linking this surgical procedure to an autoimmune disease. It’s completely safe. You should be fine for your holiday. Enjoy!

Posted
I was perfectly fine after a couple of days
Posted
I’m a Nurse, I come from a long line of medical professionals! I know much more then the lay person
Posted
Well, I’m glad you’re not my nurse.
Posted
1 hour ago, Real5819 said:
I’m a Nurse, I come from a long line of medical professionals! I know much more then the lay person

Then you already know that autoimmune diseases are genetic and can turned on by trauma. Send me the medical journal where your finding is and I’ll believe you. Otherwise stop scaring people for not reason.

Posted
We are entitled to our say- no1 has to listen! Am saying get a 2nd opinion! Know Absolutely “ALL Your OPTIONS “!
Posted
Just adding to the pile but I did some work the same day cause something broke in the printing business my ex wife and I had at the time and even with minor complications (water accumulation) i was fully recovered after more or less 10 days. With your timeframe, you should be totally fine. Also personal experience, your millage may vary, but buy a set of tight briefs to keep your testies close to you in the first couple of days since they will be a bit sore and having tight underpants will minimize movement and thus irritations. Either way, I got mine on Thursday and went back to (non physical) work next Monday with just some really minor discomfort including driving 1,5 hours up and the same down again
Posted
5 hours ago, Real5819 said:
We are entitled to our say- no1 has to listen! Am saying get a 2nd opinion! Know Absolutely “ALL Your OPTIONS “!

A "say" has nothing to do with science. If there is any truth in this, i am very curious to read your scientificaly researched and linked research to this claim. "Trust me I know what I am doing" only worked for Sledgehammer, and even then there was limit. This is the internet madame, i can pretend to be a proctologist who knows better.But I prefer to just ask you to back your "say" with scientific proof which should be easy if there is such a dangerous health link between a vasectomy and MS (which honestly, scientifically doesn't make any sense)🤷

Posted
I had my vasectomy in 2015 but It's not that hefty. If you take 1 day of rest and just don't do hefty things everything should be fine.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
My guy has run into a few issues a couple years down the line.
We thought he was having PVPS but it seems like it was just some strange inflammation? Out of no where? Worsening with edging so...
Seems all resolved but we haven't really tested edging since. Not really worth it for the *** he felt.
Learned about how he could have been infertile to begin with maybe... So I would have said check if you need to before you bother to!!