In person meetings

fr****

Posted
37 minutes ago, frontman23 said:

I agree about the fantasy people. It's a shame that they waste the time of genuine people for their own selfish gratification. Maybe an AI chatbot would be appropriate for them. 

Where do you draw the line between getting comfortable and dragging things out. I've had my time wasted by someone who appeared to be genuine but wasn't. Also, what is the difference between speaking in person and on here? Surely speaking in person is better for getting comfortable with someone. I'm old-school so typing into my phone isn't my idea of getting to know someone. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer a face over a text box. I don't think anyone can convince me that typing into my phone is better than speaking with someone in person over a meal, walk or drink. Especially in the summertime 

A lot if people won't like my answer, but I don't want to meet if we aren't going to be compatible. So I have a lot of questions. Unless i want to conduct a police style interview with every new potential, that takes time. And i like talking online. I'm a cerebral person, your words matter. Much more than your body.

If someone can't be arsed keeping up a text conversation, how are they going to keep tabs on me as a sub in between play?

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

Yeah the opportunity was there once, but the time and expendiature wasn't but there is always time for us, always :) But I hope you meet that someone who wants to meet in RL and date, off here or offline. It's hard on here though that much is true.

I really can't see that happening to be honest with you. I've been here nearly as long as this place has existed. Says it all really 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 1 month later...
Posted
June 21, Char__ said:

A lot if people won't like my answer, but I don't want to meet if we aren't going to be compatible. So I have a lot of questions. Unless i want to conduct a police style interview with every new potential, that takes time. And i like talking online. I'm a cerebral person, your words matter. Much more than your body.

If someone can't be arsed keeping up a text conversation, how are they going to keep tabs on me as a sub in between play?

Char_ from the left side of the slash, I completely agree. There is a huge amount of trust in a D/s arrangement and questions upfront to determine compatibility can save both participants time and disappointment. Thanks for sharing.

Posted

Theres always a risk in meeting in person, but taking precautions gets over more of these.

Its far better to meet new people at a party. An organised party by known hosts. Its much safer, and you know if your meet doesnt show up, youll have others there who might be of interest.

If your meet does show up, you can have a nice evening and fun if appropriate. If they arent your type, then you can both mingle with the others....nothing lost !

Posted
On 6/19/2023 at 1:09 PM, gemini_man said:

The majority of people don't meet, or the majority of people don't want to meet you? And I'm not saying that in a vindictive put down way, the majority don't want to meet me either - and that's perfectly normal, and to be expected, as well as possible that "I don't meet" is a good way to politely say no thanks.
Either way not everyone uses the site to meet others - it's certainly not my primary purpose for being here (though I wouldn't be averse to meeting if I felt a connection with someone, either as a friend or otherwise).
Just because I have an interest in kink doesn't mean I want to meet everyone else who has an interest in it either, and certainly not to "try out" anything - I want a connection and chemistry to take that step.

This was put very well. I agree.