The "Perfect" Dom

Posted
2 hours ago, ThaliaVirago said:

So much this and the comment that relationships are like seesaws. 

There will absolutely be times when even a dominant needs to not have to make any more decisions and choices or their decision or choice can be to delegate. It's only practical to delegate according to the individuals' strengths, regardless of role or side of the slash. 

The word seesaw popped in my head and at first I felt it was a bit odd but actually good imagery I think

Posted
1 hour ago, CopperKnob said:

The word seesaw popped in my head and at first I felt it was a bit odd but actually good imagery I think

Or a set of balancing scales. Sometimes the weight needs to be shifted from one to another. Life is fluid and a good partnership will adjust accordingly. 

Posted
1 hour ago, ThaliaVirago said:

Or a set of balancing scales. Sometimes the weight needs to be shifted from one to another. Life is fluid and a good partnership will adjust accordingly. 

So many metaphors!

Posted
I loved it when my past Doms showed "weakness" or expressed their feelings. Not only does it help connect people, but it also makes it easier to trust. For me, at least, if my Doms are able to express themselves emotionally. And I don't mean that if they have a hard time putting those feelings to words. I have a problem with that one. Not gonna hold someone else higher than I can myself.
Just when they try to, or if they can, it makes them more comfortable to be around.