Sexual narcissistic traits? In men and women 

Edited by Manny678
Posted
9 minutes ago, kree90 said:

I'm not sure what you mean. 

Why do people do that ?

Posted
Tuesday at 10:00 PM, kree90 said:

I'm sorry   there is barely ever a reason for ghosting. The younger generation actually is TERRIBLE with it. They have these dating sites where you video people and if you don't like something about them, they just swipe on you....LIVE. Dating is horrendous with this new generation (and every generation?). And with communication and responses being demanded right away now...we think someone not texting back right away is the red flag but I actually think our demand for an instant response is the red flag. While I can understand the stress that comes with someone not texting you back right away, it concerns me. I know everyone is different, and constant communication IS IMPORTANT when trying to build a relationship, but I think we set ourselves up for failure thinking that people owe us communication as soon as we send it to them.

I could almost agree with your comment about ghosting…maybe 92%…except I’ve been told that it’s not always believable when I tell someone we need to break up, explain my reasons…but then the other person decides that since I wasn’t angry or mean about it there must still be a chance. In such cases 👻-ing is the only way. Yes…the scenario I detailed has happened…more than once. If the other person doesn’t want to let go…you just have to cut them off. I know that’s not the purest form of ghosting, but it’ll get you accused of ghosting for days in many an anger-riddled text and voicemail…and the only reason I don’t block the numbers is I need to know where the person’s mind is at…escalating or cooling. 😅

Posted
2 hours ago, ProfessorDnOKC said:

I could almost agree with your comment about ghosting…maybe 92%…except I’ve been told that it’s not always believable when I tell someone we need to break up, explain my reasons…but then the other person decides that since I wasn’t angry or mean about it there must still be a chance. In such cases 👻-ing is the only way. Yes…the scenario I detailed has happened…more than once. If the other person doesn’t want to let go…you just have to cut them off. I know that’s not the purest form of ghosting, but it’ll get you accused of ghosting for days in many an anger-riddled text and voicemail…and the only reason I don’t block the numbers is I need to know where the person’s mind is at…escalating or cooling. 😅

I suppose I would define ghosting as the "disappearance" rather than having a quick conversation about compatibility in the very beginning. Anything that happens after you've had that conversation I wouldn't consider ghosting. I would also define it as a romantic interest rather than a platonic friend. Can a friend still do it? Sure, but I think personally that it has less emotional impact than that of a romantic interest.

Posted
On 7/4/2023 at 10:24 PM, Manny678 said:

A mind cannot be wasted 

oh it can be, it just shouldn't be