FILTERS VS GIFTS/COMPLIMENTS EXPLAINED

Je****

Posted

So just now I had the misfortune of recieveing a message from a friend who frequents the general chat on this site. 

I was sent a screenshot of what a man, whom I've never seen before, decided to name and accuse me of. 

He said it was ironic that I had went off on a tangent about scammers and people asking for *** on this site, yet when my filters were in place it "asked for a gift instead". 

So let me make this very clear. 

Everyone on here, with an ounce of sense uses filters. Filters are set for reasons, to limit to a suitable audience on who you may see and who may contact you. 

I have filters in place that stop certain individuals messaging me. I believe some peoples profiles also have this set so if someone tried to spank someone, the "send a gift" feature pops up. 

This is a SITE feature. 

This is AUTOMATED. 

THIS IS TO GAIN ATTENTION FROM SOMEONE YOU HAVE UNSUCCESSFULLY TRIED TO CONTACT. 

This is NOT a thing that an individual user has applied to their account and it is certainly NOT them asking for tributes, actual gifts or ***. 

This man went into chat while I was not there, named me with an accusation of me wanting actual gifts, and he had no clue what he was talking about. This could have been very damaging to my reputation. I am a long term member, who uses Fet daily, and actively helps people in this community especially helping people to be aware of scams.

I felt myself in a rage, having to explain myself, defend my name and put this man right. He cowardly left the chat room.  I called a mod also and none appeared. 

This site needs to make it more clearer, that if someone's filters block you from the inbox or spank feature for individuals that the gift/compliment stickers will be shown. 

That this does NOT mean the individual is seeking monetary or practical goods. 

I personally have reported this man for insulting me and my name, all while I wasn't even there to defend myself. 

Please people, know the site before you try to slander someone and ruin their reputation. 

Posted
i can understand some who just created an account not understanding all the functions and thinking that because to be completely fair i thought that too for about a day or so before i got a handle on things but it sounds like he knows the site and is trying to cause a shitstorm on purpose but who knows i may be wrong
Posted
I've received nasty accusations several times bc of this. I really wish the site would change it. Why the hell would it suggest yoy send a gift when I clearly don't want a message from this person???
Posted
1 hour ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

So just now I had the misfortune of recieveing a message from a friend who frequents the general chat on this site. 

I was sent a screenshot of what a man, whom I've never seen before, decided to name and accuse me of. 

He said it was ironic that I had went off on a tangent about scammers and people asking for *** on this site, yet when my filters were in place it "asked for a gift instead". 

So let me make this very clear. 

Everyone on here, with an ounce of sense uses filters. Filters are set for reasons, to limit to a suitable audience on who you may see and who may contact you. 

I have filters in place that stop certain individuals messaging me. I believe some peoples profiles also have this set so if someone tried to spank someone, the "send a gift" feature pops up. 

This is a SITE feature. 

This is AUTOMATED. 

THIS IS TO GAIN ATTENTION FROM SOMEONE YOU HAVE UNSUCCESSFULLY TRIED TO CONTACT. 

This is NOT a thing that an individual user has applied to their account and it is certainly NOT them asking for tributes, actual gifts or ***. 

This man went into chat while I was not there, named me with an accusation of me wanting actual gifts, and he had no clue what he was talking about. This could have been very damaging to my reputation. I am a long term member, who uses Fet daily, and actively helps people in this community especially helping people to be aware of scams.

I felt myself in a rage, having to explain myself, defend my name and put this man right. He cowardly left the chat room.  I called a mod also and none appeared. 

This site needs to make it more clearer, that if someone's filters block you from the inbox or spank feature for individuals that the gift/compliment stickers will be shown. 

That this does NOT mean the individual is seeking monetary or practical goods. 

I personally have reported this man for insulting me and my name, all while I wasn't even there to defend myself. 

Please people, know the site before you try to slander someone and ruin their reputation. 

He was outnumbered from the start. Choose the wrong place to try that . I was surprised when you did come in. He vanished pretty fast ❤️

Posted
26 minutes ago, Char__ said:
I've received nasty accusations several times bc of this. I really wish the site would change it. Why the hell would it suggest yoy send a gift when I clearly don't want a message from this person???

Sends you a gift😂😘

Posted
29 minutes ago, Chiana said:

He was outnumbered from the start. Choose the wrong place to try that . I was surprised when you did come in. He vanished pretty fast ❤️

I was told right away. 

My issue was he reflected on my forum post and status update on the warnings of scammers and tried to accuse ME of this, when I was NOT in the room, and had 0 idea what he was talking about.

I was horrified to have read such an accusation about myself.

I have been here for 3yr. I have no interest whatsoever in any financial things, tribute gifts or ***.

I admit I did lose my shit and was horrible in my replies, but I was so horrified to see someone accuse me of such a thing.

The site does indeed need to make this more clear, and perhaps remove the "gift" label and replace it solely with the "compliment" label to eliminate any confusion.

I was just thankful many know me as an every day visitor of chat, who know me better than his remarks.

I am thankful for those who informed me, and those who stuck up for me before I 5even entered the room. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, Char__ said:

Yes the accusations can be damaging and misunderstood, and I get why. 

My issue was the way this guy came into chat, named me with such a thing while I wasn't there to defend myself or explain. 

I get the purpose, sure someone can't get a filter, but gives a slim chance to be noticed by a gift/compliment, but it had a horrible tag that is associated with "***" and I think the site has over looked this error. 

Posted
48 minutes ago, undeaddom said:

i can understand some who just created an account not understanding all the functions and thinking that because to be completely fair i thought that too for about a day or so before i got a handle on things but it sounds like he knows the site and is trying to cause a shitstorm on purpose but who knows i may be wrong

Yes that's fair not understanding, but to come into a public chat room, name me and accuse me, when I wasn't even there... was just plain vicious. I was horrified to be honest. I was alerted to it very fast thank God, but it wasn't nice to see written with my name attached, as if someone didn't know me, they may think ill of me. That was what I did not like at all. 

DeviantInside
Posted
I do my get this… the “send a gift” feature does nothing for the person you send it to (as far as I understand it), they don’t benefit in any way from it. There’s no tangible gain. I may have missed something admittedly. A filter is fine the gift feature is a monetisation thing from the site (again I don’t care… the site has to make *** or it wouldn’t exist). No one sets filters with the intention of seeking gifts. Maybe I’m missing the point… next time I go shopping maybe I should try and redeem my gifts from here for a discount… wonder if I can get a helicopter… or a unicorn.
DeviantInside
Posted
Just now, DeviantInside said:
I do my get this… the “send a gift” feature does nothing for the person you send it to (as far as I understand it), they don’t benefit in any way from it. There’s no tangible gain. I may have missed something admittedly. A filter is fine the gift feature is a monetisation thing from the site (again I don’t care… the site has to make *** or it wouldn’t exist). No one sets filters with the intention of seeking gifts. Maybe I’m missing the point… next time I go shopping maybe I should try and redeem my gifts from here for a discount… wonder if I can get a helicopter… or a unicorn.

I don’t get this… hate auto correct

Posted
Gosh what a tool it became apparent to me within the first 5 mins of setting my account up and exploring that that what that system was about, I’m very sorry that individual couldn’t grasp that concept and spoke about you in that fashion
Posted
Lol "how dare you filter your social media". What a rube.