Vanilla

Di****

Posted
20 hours ago, ThaliaVirago said:

But some people think leaving the lights on or anything other than missionary is kinky. The number of people who think oral is kinky is sort of astounding. 

What's oral?🤔

Posted
8 hours ago, cereal said:

Ok... So what is normal? Oral him to her, oral her to him, zex. What zex? All positions. Circumstantial. So what is vanilla?

The term ‘vanilla’ derives from the use of vanilla extract as the most popular flavoring for ice cream, and by extension meaning ‘plain’ or ‘conventional’.

The term is difficult to define with precision as anything can be fetishized, including being vanilla, but the concept of vanilla is to have a distinct lack of desire for deviation from the status quo. As such, what is vanilla and what is not is largely up to how someone interprets the data in their own minds.

In short vanilla refers to the strong desire for the absence of kinks. Low level kinks like spitting, choking or other popular normal stuff would be too spicy for a blend vanilla, and that's just how they love it. The famous plank 0 effort maybe going to doggy would be in this realm.

You can interpret this in a woman as 0 effort or don't ask for participation, get me wet, do your stuff, don't bother me too much.

This is a great way to announce to the kinksters males to go somwhere else for fetishes. Conversly if male its a great way to comunicate they are easily intimidated by a girl with too much experience.

So as a role, vanilla signals there will be little to no kinks involved, so if you need hardcore to cum dont waste anyones time and search somwhere else

For me, to boil it down, vanilla is what society deems acceptable. Since a majority of people want to conform, what seems to some of us as a surprisingly boring way for mammals to play, to most it's all that they know. 

Posted
Yesterday at 06:01 PM, Attaboy4u said:
Is tapioca a food group? For thought: erotic is using a feather, kinky is using the whole chicken. Ain't no way vanilla as I define it is a fetish, unless it's introduced with some other elements

Somebody has been reading Terry Pratchett and it shows :p
Having said that: no, I wouldn't consider vanilla a fetish

Posted
15 hours ago, cereal said:
Ok... So what is normal? Oral him to her, oral her to him, zex. What zex? All positions. Circumstantial. So what is vanilla?

The term ‘vanilla’ derives from the use of vanilla extract as the most popular flavoring for ice cream, and by extension meaning ‘plain’ or ‘conventional’.

The term is difficult to define with precision as anything can be fetishized, including being vanilla, but the concept of vanilla is to have a distinct lack of desire for deviation from the status quo. As such, what is vanilla and what is not is largely up to how someone interprets the data in their own minds.

In short vanilla refers to the strong desire for the absence of kinks. Low level kinks like spitting, choking or other popular normal stuff would be too spicy for a blend vanilla, and that's just how they love it. The famous plank 0 effort maybe going to doggy would be in this realm.

You can interpret this in a woman as 0 effort or don't ask for participation, get me wet, do your stuff, don't bother me too much.

This is a great way to announce to the kinksters males to go somwhere else for fetishes. Conversly if male its a great way to comunicate they are easily intimidated by a girl with too much experience.

So as a role, vanilla signals there will be little to no kinks involved, so if you need hardcore to cum dont waste anyones time and search somwhere else

🤦‍♂️ bruh got that vanilla ted talk 😂 we need a matrix rabbit hole meme lol

Posted
Put it in another perspective:

Vanilla = black & white TV
Kinks= HQ 4k Color TV
Posted
1 minute ago, EDM_RaveDad said:
Put it in another perspective:

Vanilla = black & white TV
Kinks= HQ 4k Color TV

Just popped into head:

Vanilla = basic cable
Kinks = ultimate cable package

Posted

I think a trap sometimes people with kinks, who realise they are kinky, fall into

is a somewhat sneer at vanillas.

But, kinda - really.  

Someone who is vanilla can have sex they're satisfied with

They don't need to hire dungeons, or buy expensive toys, furniture or outfits.  They don't have to learn, or relearn, how to do things.

They don't have unsatisfactory sex just because their partner wouldn't (say) wear leather or put their feet in their face

Posted

MMmmmm, seems to be the perception that vanilla sex is "Boring". maybe you are just doing it wrong :clapping:

Posted
I am of an opinion that what one person finds vanilla someone else might find kinky. It’s a spice. Just like a leather hood or a butt plug. And let’s be 💯: sometimes u just wanna smash. Simple as that, Pat! Ya heard !
Posted

The kinda other thing

while people draw the line differently on what is/isn't vanilla - it still kinda remains the point that something is on one side or the other.

and some kinda draw the line based on snobbery also.  Something can be "tame" to someone but still be a kink or fetish. 

MasterDarcy1979
Posted

Vanilla is a default mode.

So no, it's not really a fetish.

A fetish, to me, is a niche. Vanilla is not niche, it's mainstream.

Posted

Kink is personal preference.For some leaving the light on or curtains open is psst their beliefs so pushing themselves. Vanilla has a place for trust but no not a kink

Posted
I love to get it in. NGL. Dig her guts out till she MF bust!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I always thought the reason you have vanilla as an option is express you are happy/able to enjoy 'regular' sex too. Not every night needs the pre/post session admin!