What to wear!!

Mimimimsy

Posted

Hello! I'm not exactly new to the kink and fetish scene, but I am new to in-person events. I'm going to a fetish party—you know, lots of equipment and toys and play—and I don't know what to wear. I don't want to be over or under-dressed. I don't want to look like an idiot by being in lingerie, but I'm also not the type to wear latex. I'm very submissive; brat, slave, sub, pet, etc. type of person, and I don't know how to dress for that exactly. I'm a little insecure about my stomach, so I try to avoid entirely bare midriff unless I'm in a fully nude situation, in which I don't usually care at all, but walking about a party I'd rather not be overly exposed there. (Sorry this is probably useless info, but I'm trying to cover all my bases.) I like pink, but I dunno if I'll look dumb in pink. I have collars, but they're simple, not too expensive—honestly, some are just dog collars with customer tags because those are sturdy; will people think I'm a loser or inexperienced for not having high-quality leather collars or steel stuff?

I'm nervous, but I know I'm ready to do this and explore more in-person kink and fetish on a larger basis than I have in past relationships. 

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Posted
Don't be nervous, everyone attends their first event and feels a little unsure about what to wear. I had similar thoughts to you and chose to wear fishnets and a red lacy body with peephole cups (I put nipple pasties on) most of the other women wore similar, some in full dress as a pet or a lot less and just worse knickers and bra.
Good luck on your first event! Hope it goes well and you have fun!
Posted

Great stuff you're going to go for the first time

if you're unsure - there's a few suggestions I'd make first

the first off - check the events dress code. It's probably fine - just to make sure there's nothing this rules out (or in)

second, see if there's any gallery/pictures of people who've been to the event before to get a general feel of what they're wearing

Don't worry about simple collars - I've seen the full range of people - if anyone happens to be a dick that's their problem rather than yours.  

Another good starting base is how you'd dress if it was just a generic nightout and not a fetish party - can you then expand from there into an appropriate outfit

Posted
13 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Great stuff you're going to go for the first time

if you're unsure - there's a few suggestions I'd make first

the first off - check the events dress code. It's probably fine - just to make sure there's nothing this rules out (or in)

second, see if there's any gallery/pictures of people who've been to the event before to get a general feel of what they're wearing

Don't worry about simple collars - I've seen the full range of people - if anyone happens to be a dick that's their problem rather than yours.  

Another good starting base is how you'd dress if it was just a generic nightout and not a fetish party - can you then expand from there into an appropriate outfit

Exactly this, also contact the organiser and explain its your first time, they may offer some advice.
The important thing is to feel comfortable which will help you relax and enjoy the evening.

Posted
2 hours ago, Nick-5277 said:

How do I get involved in fetish parties?

find a local one (you have google?), find the dress code, buy a ticket, turn up.