Chronic ***.

Loulou94

Posted
Hey I was having a discussion with someone about the fact that I feel weird enjoying BDSM, specifically masochism, when I live with severe chronic ***, he mentioned that that's actually quite common so I was just wondering if anyone else lives with constant *** but enjoys masochism?
AngelDemonLover
Posted
I do, I have nerve, joint and muscle ***s but my masochistic side takes over, me and my partner help find what I need so that we can do things safely, so it's not a spur of the moment thing.
It helps distract by just covering my previous *** until it's something I can handle and my body is ready for. Aftercare is so sweet after those sessions.
Posted

It is pretty common from my observations of various discussions. I feel like What The Kink Podcast even did an episode on it, if not focusing on chronic *** and masochism specifically, I know they had one on kink/bdsm and various health issues, disability/different abilities. Morgan Thorne and Loving BDSM have discussed it too on their platforms, youtube and podcasts. 

Posted
This is such a great post. As a chronic *** patient dealing with, among other things, joint *** and nerve ***, I can definitely say there’s some interplay between the state of my symptoms and the state of my kink preferences.

For one thing, *** from BDSM play works wonderfully as a distraction from my chronic ***. I also find that my masochistic side tends to come out more when my symptoms get worse, and sometimes bringing on that masochistic mindset works as a coping mechanism where I can turn the chronic *** into “fun” ***. Bringing out my sadistic, dominant side is also an effective way of recovering my mental if I ever find myself feeling depressed or powerless over the state of my physical health.

When my symptoms are flaring up badly, one of the first suggestions my partner will often make is having some sort of play session for the above reasons. You also get some of those lovely ***- relieving endorphins released as a bonus :)
Posted
Def not alone. I have chronic *** in my right hip but I still enjoy *** quite a bit
Posted
It’s also worth mentioning that when one of my doctors asked me to give a complete list of everything I do to relieve my symptoms & I listed kink play as one thing I do, that doctor- who is a very experienced clinician- responded that they’ve heard that answer from plenty of other chronic *** patients. So it seems like it’s not that uncommon. It’s somewhat of a natural intersection if you’re sometimes into *** and also happen to chronically be in ***.
Posted
Yep! 14 different chronic conditions, most of which include ***.
Posted
17 minutes ago, Saint_City said:

A good massage session can help! 🙂

Not necessarily, depending on the reason for the ***. 

Posted

me too! 

i suppose the idea of a kind of *** i'm actually in control of is appealing to me. 

Posted

Though I don't suffer from chronic *** I have certainly heard of this being used as relief. So far from thinking this is weird I think you won't be alone

Posted
I have bad chronic *** but not into hardcore *** like gettin my nuts stepped on or even hot wax. I can get into my nuts being squeezed pretty hard but no impact such as flicking or shocking. But when it comes to other *** like a tattoo or even a loose tooth that u can’t stop tonguing…. I like that.
Posted
Ok… the pleasure and *** centres of the brain are pretty much the same. There have also been studies that show that the way the brain reacts to *** when aroused and not are different, when aroused the *** threshold increases.

This also links to endorphins and dopamine which interact with the opioid receptors in the brain and are way more powerful than morphine (forget offhand whether it’s 30x or 60x more powerful). Linked to this is a hierarchy or *** in the brain, you have chronic vs chronic ***. Acute *** overrides chronic *** and shuts it down (or basically the brain receives the acute *** signal and ignores the chronic *** as less immediately important), then you get other signals that override both (heat, cold, vibration etc), then you get the dopamine, endorphin, serotonin response which is able to override all of the above (which is why you get people who were out having an amazing time and didn’t notice the nail that went through their foot etc).
Posted
I do have chronic *** and I love being a masochist
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
September 3, Saint_City said:
A good massage session can help! 🙂

I really want to try one but a friend with my condition had a sports massage recently it and it put her back in the wheelchair she'd been out of for 8 years for a few weeks and turned everywhere bruised

Posted
Friday at 06:40 AM, Loulou94 said:

I really want to try one but a friend with my condition had a sports massage recently it and it put her back in the wheelchair she'd been out of for 8 years for a few weeks and turned everywhere bruised

You have to give it a chance and try it out!
Perhaps she didn’t get the proper modality or the massage therapist was perhaps careless 😔