Frick asking kinks, who's played Sly Cooper before?

We****

Posted
Here's a fun ice breaker.
Anybody on here ever play Sly Cooper (any of the four games)?

My all time favorite is the first one -primarily because Ms Ruby's level and rhythm boss fight <3 <3 but Honor Among Thieves is a close second.

Tell me if you've played any of these lovely games or any other classic console gems you've played back in the day? ( ^^)🎮📺
Posted
I remember playing 3 I think as a kid, it just wasn’t one of the franchises I got to play growing up. But ratchet and clank were my favorite
Posted
I was more of a Jack and daxter kind of kid my self I never got to play sky cooper or ratchet and clank
TheAnointedOne
Posted
Sly Cooper was one of my most favourite games of all time, as I love stealth and platformers. Shame they have not made a new one, in so long. A new "Ratchet and Clank" has just been released, though.
Posted
I still play those games. What you mean back in the day.
Posted
5 minutes ago, gusgus8 said:

Unfortunately they’re almost considered retro now 😭😭 getting old sucks

Posted
I’ve played a lot of those games! Really liked the spy games like Metal Gear and Splinter Cell and Sly Cooper interested because of the stealth mechanic! I believed Sly 2 Band of Thieves was my favorite because there was so much to do in that one! I love being able to play other characters than Sly like Murray, and Bentley!!

Other games I had memories of playing The Lion King for the SNES, Mario All Superstars, Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3, UMK3 (You will never win!), Star Wars episode IV, Empire Strikes Back, Return of The Jedi, Killer Instinct (C-c-c-combo Breaker!), Super Mario Kart, Battle Toshinden, Tekken 2, Donkey Country 1, 2, 3, Yoshi’s Safari, Baby Mario, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario 64, Legend Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Killer Instinct Gold, WWF Warzone, WWF No Mercy, WCW Thunder, WCW Vs. NWO World Tour, WCW Vs. NWO Revenge, 007 Goldeneye 64, Mario Kart 64, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1, 2, 3, Mario Party 1, 2, 3, Mario Tennis (Let’sa matche!), Mario Golf (Nice On!), Diddy Kong Racing, Wave Race 64 (Follow that dolphin!), 1080 Snowboarding (Work ya body!), Star Fox 64 (Hey Einstein I’m on your side!), 007 The World Is Not Enough, Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. (It’s crunch time!), Wayne Gretzky, NBA Jam, Xena The Warrior Princess, Crazy Taxi, Sonic The Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat 4, Dead Or Alive, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, Monster Truck March Madness, NFL Blitz 2000, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Street Fighter 2 (Hyper Hyper Cut!), Street Fighter SNK, Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and NBA Street Vol. 2. That’s all I can remember for now!
Posted
55 minutes ago, gusgus8 said:

😖 i call it back in the day with their original consoles like ps2 and all that. Sorry haha

Posted
Like the ps2 the ps1 the n64 the GameCube. I still love playing them. So much fun.
Posted
26 minutes ago, GeneGrey said:
I’ve played a lot of those games! Really liked the spy games like Metal Gear and Splinter Cell and Sly Cooper interested because of the stealth mechanic! I believed Sly 2 Band of Thieves was my favorite because there was so much to do in that one! I love being able to play other characters than Sly like Murray, and Bentley!!

Other games I had memories of playing The Lion King for the SNES, Mario All Superstars, Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3, UMK3 (You will never win!), Star Wars episode IV, Empire Strikes Back, Return of The Jedi, Killer Instinct (C-c-c-combo Breaker!), Super Mario Kart, Battle Toshinden, Tekken 2, Donkey Country 1, 2, 3, Yoshi’s Safari, Baby Mario, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario 64, Legend Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Killer Instinct Gold, WWF Warzone, WWF No Mercy, WCW Thunder, WCW Vs. NWO World Tour, WCW Vs. NWO Revenge, 007 Goldeneye 64, Mario Kart 64, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1, 2, 3, Mario Party 1, 2, 3, Mario Tennis (Let’sa matche!), Mario Golf (Nice On!), Diddy Kong Racing, Wave Race 64 (Follow that dolphin!), 1080 Snowboarding (Work ya body!), Star Fox 64 (Hey Einstein I’m on your side!), 007 The World Is Not Enough, Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. (It’s crunch time!), Wayne Gretzky, NBA Jam, Xena The Warrior Princess, Crazy Taxi, Sonic The Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat 4, Dead Or Alive, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, Monster Truck March Madness, NFL Blitz 2000, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Street Fighter 2 (Hyper Hyper Cut!), Street Fighter SNK, Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and NBA Street Vol. 2. That’s all I can remember for now!

Wowie! I played some of those games too- granted some of them i didnt get to play way later on some newer consoles since i didnt have my older systems anymore at some point.

Metal gear, Twisted Metal, & mortal kombat on ps2 n ps3 were my fav games growing up

Posted
5 minutes ago, gusgus8 said:
Like the ps2 the ps1 the n64 the GameCube. I still love playing them. So much fun.

Omg i love the gamecube
I didnt get to play it long bc our gamecube broke very quickly but the ps1 n ps2 were my foundation into gaming.

Posted

I still play retro and classic games love old games i liked syphon filter metal gear solid but also enjoy classic zx spectrum games arc of yessod and dizzy 

Posted
11 hours ago, TheAnointedOne said:

Sly Cooper was one of my most favourite games of all time, as I love stealth and platformers. Shame they have not made a new one, in so long. A new "Ratchet and Clank" has just been released, though.

I know!!! every time i hear something new might come out with the franchise, it either gets canceled or it never fully comes into fruition. The series must come to an end at least, they left us on a cliffhanger :sob:

Posted
11 hours ago, bostonswitch88 said:

I remember playing 3 I think as a kid, it just wasn’t one of the franchises I got to play growing up. But ratchet and clank were my favorite

Rachet and Clank is a good series too, i never got to play a game fully besides the recent ps4 one that came with the movie, unfortunately. 
Rachet and Clank & Jax and Dexter were two games I regret not jumping on when I was little. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Kevuk said:

I still play retro and classic games love old games i liked syphon filter metal gear solid but also enjoy classic zx spectrum games arc of yessod and dizzy 

Surprisingly I never spotted a wild Syphon Filter in my local game store growing up but came across Killer7 instead of all things lol. 
those look like fun games, I def would enjoyed at least Syphon.
I was still a wee molecule during the Spectrum era. 

Posted
11 hours ago, trooper94 said:

I was more of a Jack and daxter kind of kid my self I never got to play sky cooper or ratchet and clank

nothing wrong with that, everybody started somewhere in the platforming genre! ^^

Posted
9 hours ago, OldWolf said:

Yes! The shade cell rendering was great in that game. I played that and Spyro and Gex the Gecko. So many great hours

I know!! i could literally sit and look at Sly Cooper 1's graphics all day- i kinda wish they kept the same ps1 style throughout all the games but if they did- we wouldn't be able to experience more fun expressions from the group.
I sadly didn't get into Spyro until much much later; unfortunately during his "dark reboot" era haha. Surprisingly never saw Gex anywhere in my local game shop growing up so I never heard of the mascot until years later. 

• 2 weeks later...