Location data concern

Posted
I had a confrontation with a stranger on my property last week. He had a telescopic camera and was taking pictures pointed towards my bedroom. He said he had a right to be there. When I mentioned calling the cops to verify his rights, he drove off. So I doubt he was surveying the property for real estate. Then, I saw his profile here a few days later under "matches". He is located less than 30 miles from me. I have reported the profile with supporting pictures.

This is extremely concerning. My location is not shared on this app. I have granted location access only to verify. Our information should be encrypted. I also think it's more than coincidence that we're both on the app and he is LITERALLY at my house, taking pictures!!!! I've never met this man before. Can a tech or a moderator please confirm exactly how our personal location and information is safe and cannot be breached as users here?!
Posted

Dear 165Sw33t, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been going through such a distressing and invasive experience. Your safety and well-being are of utmost importance, and I want to assure you that we take this matter very seriously.

First and foremost, please consider reporting this stalking incident to your local law en***ment authorities immediately. They can provide the necessary support and assistance to help ensure your safety.

Regarding your concern about FET's security, we understand the importance of privacy and take security measures seriously. However, we need more information to investigate the possibility of a security breach. Please write to [email protected] and provide us with as much detail as you can about the situation:

1. How do you suspect that the stalker gained access to your private information and location through our product?

2. Have you noticed any unusual or unauthorized activity on your account or device related to our product?

3. Are there any specific incidents or interactions within the product that you believe are connected to the stalking?

Once we have more information, our security and support team can conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether any vulnerabilities exist and take appropriate action to address them. 

In the meantime, it's crucial that you take steps to protect yourself both online and offline. Here are some general recommendations:

• Change Your Passwords: Update the passwords for all your online accounts, including the one associated with our product, and ensure they are strong and unique.
  • Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Activate 2FA wherever possible to add an extra layer of security to your accounts.
  • Review Your Social Media: Adjust your social media privacy settings and be cautious about sharing personal information online.
  • Limit Location Sharing: Disable location sharing on your device unless it's necessary for a particular app or service.
  • Stay Vigilant: Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, both online and in your daily life, and report it promptly to law en***ment.

Please remember that your safety is paramount, and we're here to assist you in any way we can. Feel free to reach out to our support team for further assistance.