Early signs of being primal?

Posted

When I began getting in touch with my primal side, I noticed that being challenged or taunted triggered that primal side - be it in a sexual context or not. The first time I experienced it was at a sex/kink exposition, while walking past a dominatrix who teased the people passing by. When she told me that my butt looked like it needed a spanking, I felt my mind and body getting filled with a certain energy (that I've since come to learn is my "hunting instincts" kicking in). Since then, I've experienced it many times; both with partners and in everyday situations with colleagues or strangers who act a bit too cocky.

The last time it happened, I realised that I experienced the exact same rush of energy on the rare occasions in my childhood when the other children managed to push me too far. And just to be clear, it wasn't just the feeling of being angry - this primal energy/hunting instinct (for me) is very distinct.

So the question to my fellow primals is: Did your primal side ever show itself before you realised that you were primal and in what ways?

Posted
6 hours ago, Aeonova said:

I'm curious
How is it distinct for anger, for you?

It's difficult for me to describe the feeling properly in words. But for one, there's no feeling of anger or aggression. It's more like an invigorating rush of heat and a thrill. It feels like everything in me goes "it's on!" At the same time it feels like my senses become heightened and my mind clears all "unnecessary" thoughts or "noise". That being said, it's never something that takes over (unless I allow it to); I'm still in control of myself. That's another difference between this primal energy and anger; when I get angry, I can loose my temper, but with this primal energy, I remain in touch with myself and in control.

Posted
Yesterday at 07:29 AM, Cupio said:

It's difficult for me to describe the feeling properly in words. But for one, there's no feeling of anger or aggression. It's more like an invigorating rush of heat and a thrill. It feels like everything in me goes "it's on!" At the same time it feels like my senses become heightened and my mind clears all "unnecessary" thoughts or "noise". That being said, it's never something that takes over (unless I allow it to); I'm still in control of myself. That's another difference between this primal energy and anger; when I get angry, I can loose my temper, but with this primal energy, I remain in touch with myself and in control.

Thx for staring, I was just wondering. Cuz I dunno you at all, but - it sounded to me like it could be just basic competitiveness, triggered by the perception that someone else is socially jockeying in the arena of social dominance - being cocky to you, teasing you. A subconscious concern that someone else has or is getting the upper hand causes, in your body and mind, the energy and clarity resources needed to defend your perceived status and position, a fight or flight, life or death state for the nervous system. A felt defence state, started by the subconscious prospect of finding yourself in a submissive position - and luckily there's no anger, cuz that would just be annoying for you and others to deal with. We can put all of that in the category of primal, if that label is helpful somehow. But maybe that's what being Primal is?