I had no idea about fetish

Posted

I have had a medical fetish mostly of gas masks and pregnancy and birth and I had no idea these were actually fetishes, I had this kink when I was 5 years old and when the Internet started in 1990's I realised that I had a fetish. But what to do? Who could I tell? I told some people and I was called a "freak." That "I'm disgusting." This really hurt me and knocked away my confidence I then stopped telling anyone, then I got married and I eventually told my wife about me and she said "get away from me, I don't know you anymore." We ended in divorce. 

I then had a girlfriend and although, we weren't married we had a son and I had to contain my excitement when we were in the delivery room as she had no idea about me or about my fetish. I stopped telling because of the backlash of it all. 

I realise that over 5,000 people like gas masks and I believe that the figures could be a lot more. I guess, I was just unlucky to have a wife with no fetish. Many people don't talk to their partners or married ones about their fetish because well, whatever the reason is. As there is so many reasons why we don't disclose. I am now single and I'm happy to discuss this fetish and learn more as well. 

But I just can't believe I started at such a young age and I never knew it was a fetish. 

Posted

one of the great things about the internet is - well, sometimes it doesn't need to be a big gesture.

Sometimes it could just be that you have a fetish and maybe you worry if it's normal - or it seems strange - and anyone you try to talk about it just thinks you're odd...... and then, the internet basically says "No, you're not alone - other people like this too..."

and maybe that's enough. maybe just being able to say "I like this" is enough

Posted

At 14 I started to have  fantasies and read non consensual  fantasy stories.  For the longest time I thought I was a monster I couldn't  understand it. When I was older I literally stopped having sex and would only binge on it  for a few weeks a year and stop. I thought I could control it this way.  But having barely any sex in my marriage almost ruined our marriage.  I was even told by a counselor  it wasn't  normal  to have these fantasies. so it rein***d the idea that something was wrong with me. Thos year I read an erotica book called S.e.c.r.e.t.s and it changed my whole view. I just accepted   who I was. There is nothing wrong with Fantasies and fetishes as long as they are consensual.

Lionessxo74
Posted

there are people who you can talk to without being judged

Posted
1 hour ago, SweetPea1984 said:

At 14 I started to have  fantasies and read non consensual  fantasy stories.  For the longest time I thought I was a monster I couldn't  understand it. When I was older I literally stopped having sex and would only binge on it  for a few weeks a year and stop. I thought I could control it this way.  But having barely any sex in my marriage almost ruined our marriage.  I was even told by a counselor  it wasn't  normal  to have these fantasies. so it rein***d the idea that something was wrong with me. Thos year I read an erotica book called S.e.c.r.e.t.s and it changed my whole view. I just accepted   who I was. There is nothing wrong with Fantasies and fetishes as long as they are consensual.

Hi Sweetpea, I am very disturbed about the therapist, I am a trainee therapist in UK and honestly, a therapist would be sacked. 

It is normal to have fantasies and fetishes I hope you know that and it's great to have these. It's life, who we all are. It seemed like he/she was blaming you and that is not acceptable, it's not. 

I see a therapist as it's part of the course and my therapist stated "thank God a person has opened up about fetish and fantasies, many people like a cup of tea an a cake and no one ever talks about these and they should and be embraced." It helped a lot so let this be a new case stating nothing is wrong with you or anyone else. If you like to pm me feel free. 

I wish you and your marriage with sex life very enjoyable because it should. 

Posted

Thank you so much. Before learning of this site I had to learn on my own to accept who I am. It was a great feeling and relief

Posted
On 8/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, Lionessxo74 said:

there are people who you can talk to without being judged

Hi Lionessxo74 I am slowly opening up but you know, it's not easy but this site, people here have made feel really warm and welcome. If you want to chat to me, feel free. I respond as fast as I can. 🙂