Unattended bondage

Posted

A while ago, I read about someone who had tied their Submissive up and left them alone in a room with a vibrator attached and turned on. A lot of negative feedback was involved, and I totally agree that this is a dangerous thing to do. However, I am starting to think that there is a line; though blurred it may be.

I have just watched a video in which a Dominant punishes his Submissive. He uses leather cuffs to restrain her to a crucifix, and he leaves her there for a few hours. While I understand that leaving her alone with a vibrator would be dangerous, this particular Dominant just left her standing there, with no autonomous stimuli, etc.

So my question is, is it simply any type of unattended bondage where the Submissive is completely and utterly unable to do anything, or is it when there is something physically affecting the Submissive that is dangerous?

I hope I have worded this clearly.

Posted

so - in the case mentioned - if restrained to a cross that's an arm raised position.

this means that *** struggles to circulate

the recommended is a maximum of around 20 minutes.  A friend of mine was recently in an arm raised situation and this led her to faint.   This is obviously somehting people can deal with if they're in the room, but if you faint while on a cross with no one there, then obviously this is a risk (and you're still not getting *** circulated properly)

Posted
6 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

so - in the case mentioned - if restrained to a cross that's an arm raised position.

the recommended is a maximum of around 20 minutes.  A friend of mine was recently in an arm raised situation and this led her to faint.   This is obviously somehting people can deal with if they're in the room, but if you faint while on a cross with no one there, then obviously this is a risk (and you're still not getting *** circulated properly)

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Perhaps I should ask from a different approach. Is there a position/situation in which a Submissive can be completely bound and left unattended, without issue?

Posted
15 minutes ago, DanteReign said:

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Perhaps I should ask from a different approach. Is there a position/situation in which a Submissive can be completely bound and left unattended, without issue?

none that I'd recommend.  obviously in a lot of videos there's often suggestion that things are longer than actually is.

there's also different forms of long term confinement, including where the sub *thinks* they've been left which can work, but ultimately there's so much can go wrong with any form of full bondage - there needs to be an easy out - and while obviously the point of a lot of bondage is that the sub can't get out : it's therefore on the Dominant to make sure they're (or someone) is on hand to get them out.

Posted
6 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

none that I'd recommend.  obviously in a lot of videos there's often suggestion that things are longer than actually is.

there's also different forms of long term confinement, including where the sub *thinks* they've been left which can work, but ultimately there's so much can go wrong with any form of full bondage - there needs to be an easy out - and while obviously the point of a lot of bondage is that the sub can't get out : it's therefore on the Dominant to make sure they're (or someone) is on hand to get them out.

I think this concludes my question, then. Thank you for your insight

Posted
There is a difference between"monitored" for lack of a better word, alone and actually left alone. To some people that is a fetish, as long as the D is close by and paying attention, even without the subs direct knowledge, it's fine. But that's also why communication, building a foundation of friendship and trust are a part of the lifestyle. Everyone has different kink, rules, protocol, etc. As long as it's SSC anything is possible.
RobStevens77
Posted

Being left alone layed horizontal (flat) on a bed, tied, cuffed etc wouldn't be an issue would it cos arms not above heart height? I'd love to be tied up and restrained and blindfolded and punished by being teased once every 10 minutes and left *** inbetween 

Posted
4 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

This is also the case if the legs are tied in a standing position & the sub is unable to move their feet

Posted
2 hours ago, RobStevens77 said:

Being left alone layed horizontal (flat) on a bed, tied, cuffed etc wouldn't be an issue would it cos arms not above heart height? I'd love to be tied up and restrained and blindfolded and punished by being teased once every 10 minutes and left *** inbetween 

If the sub needs to cough for any reason but unable to move from a tied horizontal position this can cause choking. It doesn’t matter what position it is, a sub should never be left alone whilst tied up. 

Posted
The other options are things like a cage or a chain & cuff (neck, leg etc) where the sub is still able to move around but unable to leave a room as they are chained to a bed, post etc
Posted
16 minutes ago, BigPolly said:

The other options are things like a cage or a chain & cuff (neck, leg etc) where the sub is still able to move around but unable to leave a room as they are chained to a bed, post etc

Able to get themselves out of danger, but still trapped. Thank you for the enlightenment

Posted
Having read Stephen king's 'gerards game' I don't think I'd like to be left tied up unattended lol
Posted

I've been "left" whilst cuffed in a cage. The cuffs allowed me enough room to reach through the bars and undo the clip on the chain if needed.

Safety dictates that anyone restrained MUST either be able to free themselves quickly and easily or not be left.

Posted

a lot of this is also why long-term confinement is quite laborious

your sub is in your care and if they're left in any form of risk, unsupervised, you're not taking care of them.   But, of course, there are subs who want extreme or restrictive bondage, or want (the feeling of being) abandoned - so it can be the challenge between giving them the experience they want while keeping them in your care - so even shoving someone in a cage and ignoring them, you can't really ignore them 

I have heard of stories of subs being left in cages while their Dominants go out - but in responsible cases the sub was left with free movement within the confined area and was being monitored on a web cam.   I'd still ask questions on the responsibility of this - I guess a question is, if something happens (what could happen?) how do you explain it to the police?  

Posted

Nobody wants to die in a pursuit that is supposed to be fun! Leaving someone who is restrained alone for an extended period is not fun for them or for the Dom / me, and surely not as safe as having someone around all the time.  Different people have different ideas of limits and therefore communication is key.  Leaving someone to “sweat it out” for a few minutes is one thing, but leaving someone alone in a restrained state for several hours would be classed as *** in most cases.

A basic understanding of human physiology is, in my opinion, an absolute must for anyone engaging in bondage, restraint or other activities that could restrict ***flow or breathing and potentially endanger the health and well-being of the subject. Remember SSC: SAFE, sane and consensual!

Posted
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

a lot of this is also why long-term confinement is quite laborious

your sub is in your care and if they're left in any form of risk, unsupervised, you're not taking care of them.   But, of course, there are subs who want extreme or restrictive bondage, or want (the feeling of being) abandoned - so it can be the challenge between giving them the experience they want while keeping them in your care - so even shoving someone in a cage and ignoring them, you can't really ignore them 

I have heard of stories of subs being left in cages while their Dominants go out - but in responsible cases the sub was left with free movement within the confined area and was being monitored on a web cam.   I'd still ask questions on the responsibility of this - I guess a question is, if something happens (what could happen?) how do you explain it to the police?  

The Dom shouldn't leave the premises.

I'd like to be sent to bed at 7pm but that doesn't involve any tying - just a Mistress downstairs who would hear if I got up........