The 2 Degrees of Separation

CopperKnob

Posted
This… and your profile… are the most considered and thoughtful things I’ve read in a LONG time. I am quite inspired by your dismantling of the norms of convenience and superficiality, and this forthrightness to delve with passion and fervour into the detail of infinitely-nuanced the world of hedonism.

Conversations and my pursuit of true connection had left me with a sense that my philosophical ruminations were freakishly anomalistic. And yet here you are, someone I never thought existed.

Thank you. ☺️
Posted
Oh how I've missed you and posts like this CK!! 😊

Posted
Well thought out and well written. Thank you for sharing.
Posted
I agree with your sentiment, but if I may it seems slighted more twords the male gender. I’d like to add this applies too everyone. If I misunderstood, my apologies.
Posted
Well I can’t fix my typo, it should be to, not too
Posted
I have always been honest about my cheating over here. It is part of my kink after all. Everyone is free to judge, but you can't say that there is no honesty in my dishonesty.
Posted
5 hours ago, BigJon_ said:
This… and your profile… are the most considered and thoughtful things I’ve read in a LONG time. I am quite inspired by your dismantling of the norms of convenience and superficiality, and this forthrightness to delve with passion and fervour into the detail of infinitely-nuanced the world of hedonism.

Conversations and my pursuit of true connection had left me with a sense that my philosophical ruminations were freakishly anomalistic. And yet here you are, someone I never thought existed.

Thank you. ☺️

Gosh, those are some awfully long words!

Posted
4 hours ago, gemini_man said:
Oh how I've missed you and posts like this CK!! 😊

The phone shop can't get anything off of my old phone where all my stuff was, gutted!!

Posted
1 minute ago, CopperKnob said:

Gosh, those are some awfully long words!

☺️

Posted
1 hour ago, GBirdie said:
I agree with your sentiment, but if I may it seems slighted more twords the male gender. I’d like to add this applies too everyone. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

I tried to give examples for both women and men. Sometimes we read through our own lens I guess

Posted
I'm often amazed at how few degrees of separation there are in many aspects of my life. Such a good reminder for all of us that what we think is done in the shadows does, and will, see the light of day. Thanks, as always, for such an intriguing and insightful post.
Posted
2 hours ago, GBirdie said:

I agree with your sentiment, but if I may it seems slighted more twords the male gender.

Not sure how you reached that conclusion?

23 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

That's how we know the man you cheated on and the one you’re hoping to convince of your true submissive ethical heart.

I thought this was the most scathing takedown of the piece, and it isn't reaaaallllly fellas its directed at 🤷‍♂️

Posted

Ah CK, one of my all-time favourites! I love your writings! 

Posted

Excellent as usual. So glad to see you back. 

Posted
3 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

The phone shop can't get anything off of my old phone where all my stuff was, gutted!!

What happened to the phone??

And ps I’ve missed your writings x

Posted
I think we talked and got on once but sadly I deleted my acc. You were a little green then if you're the same person. And if so - Wow! You've grown. Sat here in awe reading your posts lately.
You're right of course. More people should come with openness, radical honesty and maybe a little old-school protocol too. ID/vetting and securities. Hell even references are a thing of the past now. 🤦🏻‍♂️ sad times.

I'll add one thought tho:
People are a collection of the stories we tell ourselves and those we tell about others. They can be manipulated by some to be bigger than they ever ahould be about themselves and they can be blown out of porportion and taken in all kind of wierd and shitty ways by keyboard warriors who dont know all the facts. The internet should come with a health warning and guidance on how to act in k8nky company. And yes - there is nowhere to hide.
All said... people should also be allowed to make and learn from their mistakes too. That still comes with a huge helping of humility and maturity to stand tall again and hold yourself accountable. A good (insert role) will have made mistakes and should own them well like swimming certificates on their proverbial fridge.

I really do believe that we all started somewhere here. And it's up to people who are more learned and wiser to help those who's douchcanoe ways (my new fave word btw!) is something they did purely through poor decision making and bad judgement.
Lies are inexcusable.
And so too are manipulative people or cheats and actual predators.
But a lot of the people I've heared about lately have been people just not aware of or willing to follow basic old school decent protocol.
Getting to know someone.
Sharing and owning all of their truth and even your mistakes.
Allowing a meeting as equals before finding the power imbalance that fits.
Just being there for the person you're casually fucking around with.
Kink isn't about getting your end away, it's about connecting with something way deeper and more precious but people have really gotta learn how to keep themselves safe and dig deeper to satisfy their flags.

Really love reading your stuff... Keep fighting the good fight lady!
YorkshireBiker
Posted

I’ve been a bit quiet on here in recent months while I focused on figuring out where I sit in this new (to me) world. It’s always a pleasure to read some of your thoughts. 

I’ll say too that my initial reaction was this was aimed more towards the men on here, but the reason I came to that conclusion, for me, seems pretty simply  - the behaviour of some of the men on here recently. if you feel like this was actually aimed at men, there’s probably a reason, and I’d hazard a guess you associate bad behaviour with men.