Distance Between Us

in****

Posted
Distance between us.
Does it matter?
I can feel you, but not touch you;
I’m in your head with you, but not there.
Words on screen become fantasy;
So strong it’s almost real.
Almost.
Miles and oceans between us;
If only they’d dissolve.
If I could just touch you once.
When the green light goes on;
The heart ignites.
I’ll settle for this.
Until one day, maybe.
Just maybe.
Distance between us.
Does it matter?
I can feel you, but not touch you.
One day, maybe…

- Intellectual Ruffian

(I wrote this for all the kinksters on here who have had, and are having, amazing connections on here - myself included. But distance between us all is the only obstacle. Oh, the heartache).
Posted (edited)

i've wished all those miles, and also that ocean, to go away so many times now.  but they so selfishly refuse to indulge me.  i know so well what You speak of.  The longing that never ceases.  But oh how beautiful the experience of connections, which make the distance disappear for a few amazing moments.  Bittersweet.    Thank You @Intellectual Ruffian ...  well written.

Edited by delight_of_life
Posted
6 minutes ago, delight_of_life said:

i've wished all those miles, and also that ocean, to go away so many times now.  but they so selfishly refuse to indulge me.  i know so well what You speak of.  The longing that never ceases.  But oh how beautiful the experience of connections, which make the distance disappear for a few amazing moments.  Bittersweet.    Thank You @Intellectual Ruffian ...  well written.

Thank you for that beautiful comment 🙏. It’s harsh, tragic, and beautiful all at once, connecting with people very far away. But you’re right; in the moment, the distance can seem to disappear, if only fleetingly…